Survivalist Forum banner

Setting The Stage For War

7K views 48 replies 28 participants last post by  gageoprepper 
#1 ·
#4 ·
Some notable quotes from the articles liked in the OP. I do not take these articles as canon, as some of the "facts" are blatantly opinions. However, there seems to be something to all of these "Arab Springs" and uprisings going on everywhere...

Hagel said that a US intervention in Syria “could have the unintended consequence of bringing the United States into a broader regional conflict or proxy war.”
I wonder just how unintended it would really be...

We can't keep our bases at home open and furloughs are directly affecting our domestic policy, yet we can fund the "rebels"?
...including $117 million for “communications and medical equipment” as well as undisclosed US State Department and US Agency for International Development funding.
And as a direct result:
Hagel explained, “The goal is to strengthen those opposition groups that share the international community’s vision for Syria’s future and minimize the influence of extremists.”
OK... the world vision is to take down Assad and help further along a Muslim Brotherhood/AQ Caliphate presiding over all of the ME?

Iraq was wrong because we were supposedly lied to about WMDs, right? There is still speculation (both sides of the argument have proof that they site supporting their stance, so I will use the word speculation) that the reason none were found was due to their removal from Iraq to Syria. Well, now we supposedly have seen WMDs in Syria, and guess what the main pretext for direct intervention is? Meet the new boss...
Though the US has been fighting a proxy war with Syria since 2011, Hagel’s comments were the first public confirmation that the Obama administration is preparing a direct US invasion of Syria.
The Obama administration and the Democratic Party, having come to power in 2008 with cynical and false appeals to popular opposition to the Iraq war, is pursuing similar policies, with total contempt for popular opposition to war in the US and Middle Eastern population.
“The United States policy right now is that we are not providing lethal aid, but we are coordinating very, very closely with those who are.”
- John Kerry

It seems plans have been laid for a while. From the Link to 2012's Eager Lion exercise:
The US Central Command spokesman Lt. Col. T.G. Taylor in a statement to the US media said only: “In order to enhance the defensive posture and capacity of Jordan, some of these assets may remain beyond the exercise at the request of the government of Jordan.”
Russia has made their stance on Syria very clear. I wonder how this will play out. Can Putin afford to back off of his hard line opposition to this? If not, how far will this go? We seem to be rushing headlong into a conflict with anyone who is strong enough to give us pause, mainly China, NK, and Russia, but you can't forget Iran.

Setting the stage, indeed...

#11 ·
iraq and syria were never friends so they wouldnt have moved their wmd's to syria as syria has always been a puppet to iran. we need to stay out of the mideast entirely and that means stop funding all sides including israel.

Some notable quotes from the articles liked in the OP. I do not take these articles as canon, as some of the "facts" are blatantly opinions. However, there seems to be something to all of these "Arab Springs" and uprisings going on everywhere...

I wonder just how unintended it would really be...

We can't keep our bases at home open and furloughs are directly affecting our domestic policy, yet we can fund the "rebels"?

And as a direct result:
OK... the world vision is to take down Assad and help further along a Muslim Brotherhood/AQ Caliphate presiding over all of the ME?

Iraq was wrong because we were supposedly lied to about WMDs, right? There is still speculation (both sides of the argument have proof that they site supporting their stance, so I will use the word speculation) that the reason none were found was due to their removal from Iraq to Syria. Well, now we supposedly have seen WMDs in Syria, and guess what the main pretext for direct intervention is? Meet the new boss...

- John Kerry

It seems plans have been laid for a while. From the Link to 2012's Eager Lion exercise:

Russia has made their stance on Syria very clear. I wonder how this will play out. Can Putin afford to back off of his hard line opposition to this? If not, how far will this go? We seem to be rushing headlong into a conflict with anyone who is strong enough to give us pause, mainly China, NK, and Russia, but you can't forget Iran.

Setting the stage, indeed...

#6 ·
Many countries would love to go to war in the hope they come out on top and further there own agenda, however I believe what is stopping this is everyone knows just how costly something like that would be both money, resources and manpower. So instead some countries like china are happy to to take a different route to making the world there's and they seem to be doing a very good job. Look at how most people in Asia live and work lots of them live in or near there work are fully controlled by the people who employ them and work like a robot or a damn chimp. This is what the powerful Asian few have in mind for the rest of the world and not many counties will be able to do anything about it.

#7 ·

Who originated that war plan Paper? The Oil Sheiks profit the most. Followed by security for US and Israel.
The US got the plan rolling and sacrificed boat loads of cash and lives. The Oil Sheiks are footing the bill with the private army. First in Libya now Syria.
Israel is holding in reserve for the combined effort on the tough nuts Lebanon and Iran.

#15 ·
#16 ·
#20 ·
imho Russia's foriegn policy is basically 'bad for U.S., good for us.'
China's too.
part of me just wants to close the doors and all our forces stay home.
do we really have any vested interest in Syria?

Reactions: Denny367
#30 ·
Syria is but a small part of the lager plan. Isn't it obvious to everyone what the plan is?

With the ptb peddling hatred of the entire Muslim world, the fear mongering about how evil Iran is.....

Its the same old story. Money, power, and control. Its never been about anything so noble as democracy, or freedom. They like to spout that garbage but its a bald faced lie. A means to an end, nothing more.

The rest of the world is not going to sit idle for much longer and allow the U.S. to expand the empire. And we can't afford to keep trying anyway. We had reason to enter Afghanistan. Iraq, not so much. So now we gonna have a presence in Jordan, which will lead to a presence in Syria. Whats left after that? Iran.

Thats where I see the line. If the U.S. crosses that line there will be WWIII.

The entire region is a nitemare. And we don't need it. Someone else already said it, and I say it too. I'm weary of the problems that have come out of that region. Tired.

#22 ·
I think Israel will get involved in Syria because of its approximately (They already have done air strikes). More so than now. This will also in turn give Iran off the radar time it needs to develop its Nuke program. Our Dictator in office doesn't have the skills to defuse the problem. Hes to busy golfing and going to Martha's vineyard.

#29 ·
Now wasn't it just last week Obama said no troops will be sent and it would be months before military aid would be sent. now this week we are setting up troops in Jordan to be sent into Syria. Nothing like moving a couple months ahead in a week.

will between Obama care and this and the other 8 scandles may get interesting by the end of the year.

#35 ·
#49 ·
I just now browsed back over to this thread and saw your comments...no, I am anything but Hitleresque. If anything I am trying to work toward the defeat of the new Hitler. Islam has a LONG history of being a destructive force on the planet. A LONG history. The facts bear this out. It's time people had the courage to defy political correctness and say it.

In his early teachings, Muhammad preached peace. He radicalized later in life and he even said his later teachings (the radical ones) are to supercede his earlier teachings. I will grant you, the majority of people practicing that religion are basically peaceful. That being said, they are not practicing the religion as the founder intended and would not, in the eyes of Muhammad, be a GOOD Muslim.

The key difference between Islam and Christianity is this:

In Christianity, God sent His Son to die for us. In Islam, Allah asks us to send our sons to die for him.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.