Survivalist Forum banner

Setting up your bow.

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Vacas Locas 
#1 ·
This is for a long bow. Most of it is universal between compounds and non-wheel bows. Its pretty easy.

First thing you do is string your bow, and get it set to its minimum brace height. This is normaley 6 1/2". Never shoot a bow below its minimum brace height. Bad things will happen I promise.

At best, this is all that will happen.

String up your bow, but dont do any shooting yet. First we will tie in a knock point. You can crimp them on, but that's just lazy, and its more easy to adjust your knock point if you tie it in. Here is a video showing how you do it. It works for compounds as well as traditional bows. You are also shown how to do a D-loop.

I tie mine on as close to 1/8" as I can.

And you should have this when you are done.

Adjust the height up and down by twisting. Thats it really. You will know when brace height is perfect by the sound and feel of your traditional bow, and by the accuracy of your compound. Also, dont expect to be Robin Hood right off. Anyone who says they were is fibbing. Refer to this article by O.L. Adcock for tips on tuning your arrows to your bow.

http://bowmaker.net/tuning.htm

They explain it better then me.

See less See more
1 3
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.