Survivalist Forum banner

AK 47 Wasr 10 ?

3K views 19 replies 8 participants last post by  Grinnan Barrett 
#1 ·
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but im new on these forums and new to rifles all together. Anyways i purchased an AK-47 WASR 10 low capacity from a buddy. I was just wondering is there a 30rd magazine for this rifle? its pretty annoying with the 10 rd clips. if there is a 30-40 rd mag where can i buy it?

thanks in advance:thumb:

#3 ·
What you can do: (THis is the single stacked AK mags that it takes right?)

FIRST you replace 6 parts w/ US parts.

Ones I recomend (For ease of replacement)

G2 trigger (3 compliance parts... cost $30)
Flash hider ($10)
Pistol Grip ($10)
Ether BOTH forward handguards,
or Stock

then CAREFULLY adapt the magweld to take standard AK mags.

Yay... you made a standard WASR.

#4 ·
If it accepts single stacks only in the 10 round variety it is cheaper to buy a new gun and use this one as a back up. to modify the gun you will need to reconfigure the underside of the receiver and you will have to have a gunsmith do this. Sell the gun and buy a regular Ak. Much cheaper option and it will function properly. You don't live in California do you? or a state that bans anything above 10 rounds?

#7 ·
...Not true. If you do what I outlined you will have a regular WASR10 for an addional cost of $100.
(Just remove metal from the magweld SLOWLY... It's easier to take some off than add it back!)

AND... you won't need any 'custom tools' to do it.

buy a new receiver, reassemble the gun

Ever built one?

I've made about a dozen. (One off of a 100% reciever, the rest off of Flats.)

What I outlined is MUCH easier than what you are susgesting, and if you do what you are outlining you will have to buy, rent or borrow about $500 worth of tools.

#8 ·
"Not true. If you do what I outlined you will have a regular WASR10 for an addional cost of $100.
(Just remove metal from the magweld SLOWLY... It's easier to take some off than add it back!)"

yeah- that would be good advice to tell those knuckleheads at century arms. :D: I swear their workers are drunken old farsighted men with rheumatoid arthritis.

That said- My WASR came out a wednsday gun (no magazine wobble or canted front sight post- I havent checked for trigger slap yet though)

#15 · (Edited)
the Ammo Depot got in a bunch of Aks back when the 10 round nonsense came into vogue a few years ago. the receivers were made with the narrow mag well. We only saw a few of them. I am trying to remember which manufacturer they were. the Romanians had two plants they produced out of. Again, I will check with Mickie and see which one they were. I have not seen a single stack in years around here.

I have built them before but willnot do it again. I made the tollerances too tight. Found out quickly that AKs have to have some sloppiness to them. Alot like the old govt 45. It is too easy to get one from Wiselite also. If you have a picture of the mag well please post it. I would like to show it to a couple of guys here. Thanks, GB

I am sure they were not Saigas. Most of my AKs are from pre 87 time period. See you in the posts.

#17 · (Edited)
JUST A SIDE NOTE HERE:::::: FYI for any saiga owners out there.....there is a national emergency ATF "recall" (if you want to call it that) on certain saiga rifles. Apparently an importer that was bringing in saiga rifles had their supplier runout of normal semi auto receivers and they started using full auto receivers. You need to look at your receiver and see if it has the all famous "full auto sear" hole by the trigger group. Because if it does, thats a HUUUUUUGE nono.

Just making sure everyone knows, because apparently they just take 'em from ya, no refund/re-imbursment.......just don't keep the dang thing, it IS considered a machine gun if you have one of these types.......

#20 ·
We didn't mean to get off into a world of our own. It is your thread. glad to hear you are in a state where there is still some sanity about guns. don't give away your gun. I am sure Nomad will tell you as well not to do that. Be sure you can get out of it a good price before you sell. It would make a nice backup gun if needed. I was looking at my old Romanian and it came out or Romak plant there. Seems like most of the guns now come out of the WASR plant. both are good guns. Take care.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.