Survivalist Forum banner

Scope Sighting Question

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  woodyp 
#1 ·
Can someone with rifle experience verify whether the following information I've received regarding sighting in a scope/sights is correct.

Always move your sights in the direction of the bullet or hit.
If your bullet is hitting high, move sights in the direction of the hit (raise the sight).
If your bullet is hitting right, move sights in the direction of the hit (right).

For iron sights with rear adjustment, move the signts in the opposite direction of the hit.

#2 ·
I am not sure on this brother but it sounds like the iron site info is correct. I do know on my Vortex Viper 6.5-20X50 scope they move in the direction marked.

So, If my point of impact is left of the aim point. I turn the turret in the direction marked R or right. to move the POI over.

HH54r

Reactions: AmericanPatriot121
#3 ·
Most scope markings refer to point of impact. If your point of impact is low, then you move the turret UP. If the POI is left, you move the turret RIGHT.

In iron sights, if you raise the rear site (ramp sights) that causes you to have to raise the muzzle higher to get the front sight into the rear sight, effectively raising your POI.

If you have something with an adjustable front sight (AR, AK, SKS, etc) you can also screw the front sight pin in or out. Screwing it IN causes the front sight to be lower so you have to RAISE the muzzle to match the rear sight. Screwing the pin out raises the sight higher, causing you to lower the muzzle.

Confused yet?:confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.