Survivalist Forum banner

doxycycline

3K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  T-town 
#1 ·
need to find bulk doxycycline. bought caps at local independent drug store.
$17.00 for 1000 and that includes shipping. Any ideas? southern states no longer carries it.

#7 ·
It is my understanding that this is true about tetracycline; but doxy was developed to get around this issue. It is my understanding that doxy doesn't have this problem.

As far as availability, if you can get a vet to submit his license shopmedvet usually has it for the cheapest prices. Or go to Mexico or have it shipped from a pharmacy in India.

If you were finding it for $17 per 1000 why don't you just buy more from there, that seems like a great price...or are you asking because they are out?

#6 ·
I know this may be outta place, but Ciprofloxacin is REALLY cheap per pill and most doc's ain't too mean about writin' a trustworthy soul a scrip. Cipro is very effective, treats a wide variety of bacterial infections(including some forms of meningitis) and there is a large population of folks that believe its shelf life is one of the longest available for antibiotics. I wouldn't recommend takin' it like echinacea or them Vitamin C suppliment crap, but If you've got green-stuff comin' out or a big hole where there shouldnt be one, it might get ya to the next town.

#10 ·
Alldaychemist.com. Indian company, good quality, good prices but 25 ship- even for little stuff, so buy a lot.

Doxy is great for early treatment of tick borne and mosquito disease. And a good antibiotic in general. I hated taking it daily in the gulf as a biowar prophylactic. Made everyone nauseated, most quit taking it.

#11 ·
+1 on Alldaychemist -- and you can save $10 on your order if you pay by an echeck through your checking account. I was skeptical about this at first, but I use a checking account that has very little traffic for just that purpose. I keep just enough in it for the check to clear. I have done this a few times and had no issues whatsoever, so it worked out very well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.