Survivalist Forum banner

Concealed Carry-IWB or Pocket Carry

734 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jeff92 
#1 ·
For many concealed carry permit holders, the immediate question or issue that comes to mind is how to best carry a concealed gun. The issue comes up for several reasons including naturally full, legal concealment, but also comfort of carry, ease of access, and overall portability during daily carry and regular activities. Many CCW carriers[.....]

The post Concealed Carry-IWB or Pocket Carry appeared first on AllOutdoor.com.

Read the full article here...

#2 ·
I carry OTW since my daily carry gun is a Glock 30. Not exactly thin or light. For the life of me I don't know why people get all scared of a little printing and try to carry the smallest pistol possible. Mine prints terribly and sometimes the muzzle shows out from my shirt when I move a certain way. Despite that I can walk around for hours with friends, hug them, and they still don't realize I'm carrying.

That being said if I was to choose one of the two mentioned carry positions I would go with IWB. I can carry a slightly larger pistol, such as a glock 36, or subcompact 1911, or any slim 9mm without having to have it move around awkwardly in my pocket. Pocket carry also limits you heavily with caliber options due to size restrictions. Yes I'd feel much safer having a .380 acp but I would never choose anything that small as my primary. I feel like people are letting their concern for printing out way their caliber/power preference.

When it comes to local laws, heavy urban areas, and work considerations that obviously brings in a whole new set of concerns, though and becomes extremely situation specific, so I don't really have any opinion with that. I'm stuck in my ways though so I'd still be inclined to run the Glock 30 OTW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.