Survivalist Forum banner

SKS Stripper Clips

24K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  Bravo1 
#1 ·
First off I am new to the forum, been lurking for a while then decided to join up. Anyway, I have a yugo sks and was wanting to get some stripper clips for it. I have found some online, but the reviews on them were pretty bad, some wouldnt fit certain models properly, others wouldn't hold cartridges. I was hoping that some of you who use them could point me in the right direction for some good ones.

#2 ·
I have yet to use the stripper clips, as I have been running detachable mags since the beginning. Do you have your factory mag? I considered going back to "stock" and using the factory ten round, but you have to clip the ammo into the strippers, so in the end it really doesn't save you much time.

#7 ·
What I hate is when that stripper takes my dollar and doesn't shake enough.......:eek:

I've got a buddy with an SKS and we fought the clip battle. When he really is paying attention stripping 10 into the mag is about as quick as if he were changing removable mags every 10.
I kind of like the SKS as is, if I want higher capacity I've got my AK for fun.:thumb:

#10 ·
I've used both Chinese and Russian stripper clips in Chinese and Russian SKS rifles and have never had an issue other than having to do a little bending on the clip while putting the rounds in the clip.

Someone mentioned a technique for loading with stripper clips. I use my right thumb to press on the top round at the rearmost of the round, as close to the stripper clip as possible. If you push on the middle the rounds will bind in the stripper clip.

#12 ·
this is the same technique i use, if i ever get to the point where its kind of starts to bind. i push and let off and push and let off. on and off pressure with your thumb seems to work best if they begin to hang up on you. not very often can i zip them all in without just a wee bit of finesse with the thumb technique. one other hint. clean all the stripper clips in gasoline or some sort of cleaner and use a toothbrush to clean out the lip where the rounds slide through. once clean and dry give them some good quality oil

#13 ·
There are two kinds of SKS stripper clips on the market. One has a flat back and one has a concave back. The ones with the concave back are the kind that you want.

The stripper clips with the flat back are blued and are made in China. The problem with them is that they have a tendency to double stack on the stripper and jam when loading.

The ones that have a concave back are gray to dark gray. The concave back holds the ammo tighter and keeps it in line.

#14 ·
It's hard to find the true military surplus clips anymore. The supply dried up years ago. About the only option now is to buy ammo on strippers, since they use the proper clips. You can adjust the aftermarket clips without too much trouble though. I have about a bazillion of them and can get about 95% of them working with just minor tweaks. But I strongly prefer the surplus clips.

#18 ·
would love to, would rather have one over an ak, but guess what there not on every corner in every pawn shop. for that matter every gun show. if it were that easy to run into one in person my current commie gun would be out the door.

i wish someone would start making a slightly modern sks, one that runs on ak mags, has an ak threaded muzzle, and hell how bout one in 5.45x39? the cost would be on par with an m1a probably but it would still be kick***

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.