Survivalist Forum banner

Comical; Local EMA has shelters but won't give a list

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Crutch 
#1 ·
http://www.13wmaz.com/news/local/article/115683/175/GET-ANSWERS-Severe-Weather-Shelters-in-Macon has a story on shelters for emergencies such as a massive power outage or severe weather. The local EMA director can't assure any one of them will be open so he won't publish a list.

Just come up with a BOL or your own "safe" location at home. You do NOT need to be on the road in a tornado, mark my words. Tornadoes are very quick once a warning is issued. I can see a shelter within walking distance in a trailer park but take cover in your house, please! A hurricane or other disaster with warning gives you time to bug out. If you have no shelter of your own in a nuclear attack a fallout shelter is your last chance but, again, consider a BOL.

Once you get into a shelter environment you may very well run across various ruffians and criminals a la Katrina. Anyone with the wherewithal to prep very well will do so.

#2 ·
I have inlaws in Georgia (Atlanta, Athens, Macon, and Dawsonville areas) and they just hunker down come severe weather and then afterwards assess the damages. And these are old people, but they do not plan on depending on and never have depended on the government to bail them out

#4 ·
Leopard print pants suit? Really?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.