Survivalist Forum banner

Don't take our guns, give us guns...

6K views 20 replies 17 participants last post by  n1d 
#1 ·
I’m not former military and I’m definitely not some whacko gun nut, I’m just an American with a family that is concerned with the decisions that are being made and the decisions that could be made in the future.

Let me start here.

1. You might have heard stories of honest Americans getting their firearms confiscated during the hurricane Katrina catastrophe. So let me get this straight, if you are trying to protect your family and your property and the government takes away your firearms because your firearms are registered with the DOJ, but the gang bangers down the street firearms are not confiscated because they are not registered… now who has the firepower and who is left without the means to protect their family and property?

2. Speaking of property, what happens when you are lent money by a bank for a piece of property or you get a home loan and you default on the loan? Guess what happens? Well the bank comes and takes your house back and sells it again. Now if you know anything about the amount of money our country is indebted to China and other countries, you might start to think about what we need to do as civilians to help secure our borders and protect our country.

3. With all the chaos going on overseas, possible financial collapse, problems in the middle East, all the wars going on and our troops being stretched so thin around the globe, now is the time you would think that our government would be indorsing some kind of program to help honest law abiding Americans in obtaining firearms and offer to train them ( not the national guard, just basic firearm training ) to use that firearm to protect our country and to secure our borders. Meanwhile we are overseas training other countries civilians with our military techniques and tactics.

So instead of taking firearms from people they should be giving them to the people.

Secure our borders, feed our people, keep our money here, stop raising taxes on the middle class while giving tax breaks to the top 1% and stop shipping jobs overseas. Buy American, the job you save could be your own!:thumb:

Don’t strip our rights away… that’s why we left England in the first place, remember?

See less See more
#3 ·
While your idea looks good on the surface, the biggest fly in the oinment is our culture. (Or lack of it.) There is a large quantity of people in this country who are ignorant and very immature. They don't have any idea what's going on, how to plan for the future, or how to handle themselves in any kind of crises situation. Handing out guns to them would not be smart.

And btw, many states do not register firearms. Many states allow ftf sales of firearms between citizens. There is really no way for them to know what you have. Have a plan.

Az

#4 ·
Here is Maryland, I am sure they would come get any hand guns right away. Funny, how all handguns have to be registered with a spent cartridge and an istalled safety lock and I have to take an online safety course, but I can get a rifle or shotgun with no paper work. How is a .22 short more dangerous to public safety than a 12 gauge?

#11 ·
Taking guns out of the hands of responsable/competant hard work americans is never the answer, but giving a gun to everyone in america who is not a felon; also not the answer. The "bad guys" are always going to have weapons no matter what the law is any where america or other wise.

#12 ·
Good point, I suppose I should have made that clear… I didn’t mean just stand on the corner with truck loads of firearms like a kool-aid stand handing out weapons. I guess people could take some kind of hunter safety course– mental stability test or something like that.

Unfortunately I live in California and I don’t have that luxury of buying guns like that.

#16 ·
Not to many Friends of the NRA Banquets, Local Gun Clubs, Sheriff Depts have had bad guys come in and try to rob them, rape their women, steal their cars, and take their wallets.....why is that???? BECAUSE EVERY BAD GUY KNOWS THEY ARE ARMED TO THE TEETH!!! A simple NRA Member or other "pro gun" sticker on a car window parked in a driveway is a big deterrent to criminals in itself, because they fear the homeowner that has guns.

#17 ·
Jonnybuzzkill, please wake up to the fact that our so called "leaders" are elites.

They don't consider us (used to be Americans), important.

We are now interchangeable with anybody else who happens to occupy this space, we are all just warm taxpaying bodies to them.

We must take care of ourselves.

#19 ·
There is the problem with the "give us" freedoms because you already have the power. The people have all the power over any Government, but the problem is people start thinking the Government has power and that is just an illusion. As you can clearly see even with a dictator in power, it takes just the people to flex their muscle and he is gone.

Since the beginning of any Government on this world, Every Single One of them has fallen. Vanished and new ones rose up over time and took their place. People just got used to having a Government and it was to be for protection, be an honest court of judgment over disputes and so forth.
However, in every case the people start to rely upon the Government and then the Government takes advantage of the people with higher taxes, unjust ruling, stripping freedoms away, and then it becomes a prison instead of a Country.

The People have always had the power, the power as a group over any Government. When the people will not stand together, the Government gets its way and can get away with as much corruption as it desires. That is until the people all have had enough and stand up again. History repeats itself.

Fear only lasts so long before people become numb to it. Then there is no fear but to live free or die. So dictators that rule with an iron fist eventually get taken over by their own people, it is just a matter of time.

No matter how many laws the politicians make, no matter how many people they punish, in the end when the people rise up all of that is null and void and it starts from scratch all over again. The idea of a President, a dictator, a King or Queen is all an illusion and as long as they can keep that illusion alive they can try to rule over the people. When the people rise up, that office no longer exists and the people have taken power, which they had since the beginning anyway and didn't use it.

Give a politician a quarter and he wants a dollar. Greed is just never going to go away no matter who is in office, but each time it just gets to the point of unbearable and the people rise up again.

Expect it to happen in any Country including ours.

The power always was and is in the people. Not any Government.

#20 ·
people why do you think obama is trying to disarm us? because he knows we are headed for a finacial collaps and the more people he can disarm is the less restance he will have to deal with when it happens come on get a grip people we need to stop the B.S. now they keep waiting on a natural dis to happen so they will not look bad and will not be at fault but they are to blame so dont give up your guns!!!! You are going to need them to survive!!!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.