Survivalist Forum banner

Edible plants.

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Tivia 
#1 ·
Not sure if any of you chaps have seen this site? I found it pretty interesting. www.pfaf.org Gives you an idea of what plants are edible and where to plant them. I'm going to print the list and start digging.

#4 ·
foraging is an overlooked art. now is the time to study up on what is in your area, identify the plant, identify the growing locals, research the harvest times, search the internet for recipes. the chickweed you pull from your veg patch makes fantastic pesto, the stinging nettle in spring are world class soup, the bitter herb salad dandylion, plantain mix well with swiss chard and are delicous on crusty sourdough bread with a drizzle of olive oil. rose hip soup in winter gives you more vitiman c than a case of oranges. IT'S ENDLESS. i think jan schofield (maybe bad spelling wrote the best book). it's on my home in alaska but i'm sure we share the same "weeds" remember the definition of a weed is a plant where you don't want one. so there are very few weeds if we understand thier uses

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.