Survivalist Forum banner

Settled on my perfect "on foot" set up.... What's yours?

4K views 25 replies 21 participants last post by  Jager78 
#1 ·
I've been trying to put together a suitable pistol / rifle combination for use in traveling on foot. After some trial and error, I finally found a great combination. The Glock 17 and Kel Tec Sub 2000 carbine. The Glock and Kel Tec both use the same magazines and ammo which is a huge advantage, IMO. The Kel Tec could down to 16" and easily stows away in my GHB. The Glock 17, though not as easily concealable as the Glock 19 (or other compact / sub compact) can be hidden away IWB well enough. All in all, I'm really confident in my current set up, which goes EVERYWHERE with me.

How about you guys / gals? What's your pistol / rifle set up going to be should you find yourself hoofing it?

#4 ·
Regardless of distance or terrain, the rifle will be either my M1A-A1, or M14S. ( This is what I hunt and train with at least 3 times a week)

7 to 11 USGI 20rd M14 loaded magazines, with large alice ruck.

Side arm = Ruger GP100 with 26 assorted rds of 38spl/357mag.

Note: My #1 prep is P.T., and keeping the ole body in good health.:)

11B

Attachments

#16 ·
Me
Handgun: Walther PPQ M2 Navy with five 17+1 round mags and one 15+1 round mag. Trijicon Night Sights.

Rifle: Steyr AUG A3 M1 OD Green wearing an Illuminated Vortex Crossfire II 1-4x24mm Optic (Plan on upgrading to a Vortex Strike Eagle 1-6x24mm optic soon). Two 42 round mags and four 30 round mags. 2-Point sling.

Wife
Handgun: Walther PPS M2 with one 6+1 round, one 7+1 round, and one 8+1 round mag.

Rifle: FNH PS90 wearing a Trijicon MRO Red Dot. Six 50 round mags. One point sling. (That reminds me that I still need to get one more double P90 mag pouch for her)

#18 ·
hmm, 7.62 AKM and pistol?.. nah dont need it.. but if i HAD to pick one to go with it, either my 9x18 makarov for backup, or an NAA 22 cap and ball for incredibly low cost small game hunting since im probably not going to be carrying enough food on my back to last very long and dont want to waste 7.62 ammo on rabbits

#19 ·
Another necro-thread and this time it's almost the same as another recent necro-thread.

http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=128980

This time I think that I will pick my 1888/05/14 Commission rifle and a Griswold and Gunnison reproduction Rebel revolver w/ITW holster.:D:

Al

Reactions: doczeus
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.