Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Urban Survival
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Urban Survival Urban survival and disaster preparedness including hurricanes, earthquakes, floods and anything else.

Advertise Here

Old 01-30-2013, 03:14 PM
Trapper

Advertise Here

One thing i have that is a advantage is i will not get into a gun fight if posable with gang members. but will track down where the gang is living.

Then i will use a little high explosives to fix the problem.

I have military training and 40 year in the blasting business.

I also know how to enhance the effect of even a small IED
Old 01-30-2013, 03:23 PM
Recent Blog:
On the Eve of Destruction

Thanked 31,171 Times in 10,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by augoldminer View Post
One thing i have that is a advantage is i will not get into a gun fight if posable with gang members. but will track down where the gang is living.

Easiest way to fix a problem is to find there dope and mix in some drain-o. Heck if you are going to get that close to them to begin with, might as well use the cockroach method of eradication.

Poison the food and let them take it back to the nest. Theoretically speaking of course.
The Following User Says Thank You to Limping Crow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2013, 03:51 PM
Prepared

There are plenty of examples of what happens when the “system” collapses and the “law” becomes non existent Mexico, Somalia, parts of Central America, parts of Sth America gangs fill the power vacuum. What happens a lot is you have dark organizers like the CIA and shadow police that are well funded and trained in organizing gangs and armed groups.

Your average good neighbor group is not as well organized and aggressive and most thug organizing gangs and armed groups. Happens over and over when governments collapse gangs become the strongest force on the lawless streets.
The Following User Says Thank You to lodgepole For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2013, 04:07 PM

Because history dictates that the meanest creeps rise to the top in absence of law.

Unless of course, they run into meaner people who do not enjoy being victimized.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:39 PM
Obama = Black Bush

Thanked 1,397 Times in 756 Posts

Hopefully Americans will fight for liberty better or more so than these third world nations have when the gangs take over.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:57 PM

The roving gangs would be a problem, after about a month of a collapse of ROL. For the first month, it would be about looting valuable items such as jewelry, alcohol, television, etc.

Then it would switch gears for supplies such as food and water. Then it would be a problem.

I haven't read the entire thread, but while quite a few mentioned the gangbangers in the cities, no one has mentioned some of the rogue biker gangs that would treat this as a license to steal (and worse). IMO, I would worry more about biker gangs in rural country than gangbangers in the city (at first)

Reality is, there are too many variables to these kind of situations to predict.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TerragonSix For This Useful Post:
Old 01-30-2013, 09:20 PM
Obama = Black Bush

Thanked 1,397 Times in 756 Posts

That's a very good point, Six. And the FBI considers motorcycle gangs a serious threat.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:19 AM

Gangs tend to have weapons, the average citizen does not. If you have 25 armed gang members against an average subdivision, my moneys on the gang.
The Following User Says Thank You to 284dan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2013, 09:54 AM
Target Shooter

Angry Get real

Quote:
Originally Posted by augoldminer View Post

Oh get real. Gangbangers will be with their women and children. And if you tell me you are prepared to kill a child, then I'll have to pray for your soul. Gangbangers are cowards, they don't have the balls to 'go on the matteress' when they are at war, like us Italians.
(BTW, were you formerly known as 'Gunkid' on the various forums?)
The Following User Says Thank You to Beatupoldcop For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2013, 10:00 AM
Target Shooter

Talking You are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactical Knightmare View Post
Easiest way to fix a problem is to find there dope and mix in some drain-o. Heck if you are going to get that close to them to begin with, might as well use the cockroach method of eradication.

Poison the food and let them take it back to the nest. Theoretically speaking of course.
You sir, are my kind of guy. Also, if you are on a low budget, then put mercury in your .22 hollow points. Even a minor flesh wound will kill them in about one hour. (See who needs all that fancy schmacy .308?
Remember, I'm also scot-Irish)
The Following User Says Thank You to Beatupoldcop For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2013, 10:08 AM
Target Shooter

Exclamation Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny367 View Post
All you need to do is befriend a few Korean business owners.

LA Riots - Armed store owners deter rioters - YouTube
Thanks for the memories. I attended the 'Guns and Hoses Tour".
Koreans are the ONLY immigrant group that's pays their own way. When I think of the number of maggots that the taxpayers don't have to feed and house, it brings tears to my taxpaying eyes

Last edited by Beatupoldcop; 03-02-2013 at 10:10 AM.. Reason: spel ceck
Old 03-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Trapper

Thanked 1,107 Times in 492 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 284dan View Post
Gangs tend to have weapons, the average citizen does not. If you have 25 armed gang members against an average subdivision, my moneys on the gang.
As a national average, that could be true. But it is not applicable everywhere.

The average person in Phoenix has at least one gun. My subdivision will fair quite nicely.

That is why blanket statements on why "gangs will rule"; or not; is kind of counter productive.

They will flourish in the very specific neighborhoods they flourish in now. They will be destroyed if they try to bite off more than they can chew.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to arizonafusilier For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2013, 05:36 PM
I love this forum

Here in Topeka Kansas we recently lost two police officers. One was ex military an a seasoned veteran. Three blocks from my house in a store parking lot, the suspect vehicle was parked, the officers were called to the scene they drew there weapons were drawn as they excited there vehicle an ordered the two girls in the front of the suspect car to exit an go to the front, they then ordered the suspect to get out of the back seat as he did he drew his weapon an shot both officers (who were standing several feet apart) right square in the head (he knew to shoot where thete was no body armour). Gangs live in a warlike state an do not kid yourself in SHTF they will join forces. Also many are ex military an are better armed than most police officers. I work in sporting goods for a major retailer an I sell them the ammo there using or to there girlfriends they send in to purchase it. I see what there buying an how much, boys an girls there stockpiling just like you an I. sidenote Chicago Ill. has about 12'500 police officers an about 65'000 gangmembers a litrle uneven in my book.
Old 03-02-2013, 10:51 PM
Hiker

I'm not saying gangs will rule but a few thoughts. Last time I was in LA about twelve years ago the police told me straight out certain areas were gang territory after 5 PM and even they or medical help would not go there due to sniper fire without a SWAT team. Things have only gotten worse since then. So what of the average Joe citizen?

Some parts of our larger cities are already ruled by gangs. Yes the police come and go but the gangs stay on. As a citizen you have to know who rules the hood or you become an example. I've been there eating in a storefront restaurant watching the hustlers sell drugs and not a thing was said or even acknowledged. No one wants to get dead.

I think that in a WROL situation some local communities would create citizen police units that would have some effect. Mexico is not a good example but a possible one. I would hope we could do better. I think smaller communities might be able to control things more. Unless met with overwhelming force. In the end the wolf cares not how many sheep there are. But then again I’m not a sheep.
The Following User Says Thank You to fidalgoman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2013, 02:24 PM
Target Shooter

Wink u my kinda guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadride View Post
How hot is the divorcee?
You too are my kind of guy. Remember, it's ass, gas, or cash, nobody rides for free!
As for the old gal in a walker, I know a lot of Southern guys are really into old ladies. After all, when their granny kisses them 'good night', she'll slip them the tongue - which they like.
(Lord, forgive me, I know not what I do)
Old 03-03-2013, 05:28 PM
100% AMERICAN

I really do feel sorry for many of you city dwellers. Some of you should get out of town every once in a while. Also, quit watching those cheap old biker movies This gave me some new insight into your plight though. Sorry bout your bad luck. BTW, I served my 10 year tour of duty in Dallas County.
Old 03-04-2013, 06:19 AM

Gangs are the least of my worries. I'm much more afraid of the "what about the children types" . Id have a good bet that more people have died in there hands then gangs.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:31 AM

Hubby and I currently volunteer in the local jail teaching classes, such as parenting, nutrition, and financial management, to inmates. We often say to ourselves that when the SHTF, THESE GUYS are the people I want to know.

Think about it:
They're in jail for weapons charges (trained with a firearm)
They are in jail for drug charges (they know the black market and can use it well)
They're in jail for domestic violence issues (maybe not so great, but you know he can fight!)

Why would gangs rule? Because they can. Because 3 or more people of any race, class, etc. can be a "gang". Because many people will be hungry, tired, and emotionally nuts when the SHTF and when you have what they want...well...they won't think twice about taking it.

What's the quote about people in groups? "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it!"
Old 03-04-2013, 01:39 PM
Recent Blog:
TEXAS!!!

Thanked 5,908 Times in 2,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmagill View Post
Hubby and I currently volunteer in the local jail teaching classes, such as parenting, nutrition, and financial management, to inmates. We often say to ourselves that when the SHTF, THESE GUYS are the people I want to know.

Think about it:
They're in jail for weapons charges (trained with a firearm)
They are in jail for drug charges (they know the black market and can use it well)
They're in jail for domestic violence issues (maybe not so great, but you know he can fight!)

Why would gangs rule? Because they can. Because 3 or more people of any race, class, etc. can be a "gang". Because many people will be hungry, tired, and emotionally nuts when the SHTF and when you have what they want...well...they won't think twice about taking it.

What's the quote about people in groups? "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals, and you know it!"
They're in jail for weapons charges (trained with a firearm)Most likely not. If he was that well trained, why was he caught?

They are in jail for drug charges (they know the black market and can use it well)Yeah, if you need drugs. Not likely know where to get anything else, any more than you do.

They're in jail for domestic violence issues (maybe not so great, but you know he can fight!) Wow! Really? He's a coward who enjoys bullying those weaker and smaller... Doesn't mean he can fight for crap.

You worry me....