Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Financial Forum
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Financial Forum Economics and Precious Metals

Advertise Here

Old 11-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,644 Times in 3,075 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKillinger02 View Post
In the week since the election there have been a number of signs that seem to be pointing to a possible collapse.

1. The stock market is dropping. Not in record numbers but the day after the election we saw a 300 point drop in the Dow with only a few days of gains that ranged from 5 points to .5 points. Today it has already dropped another 100 points.

2. In the past week a large number of secession petitions from numerous states have appeared with pretty high signature rates. Could this cause the other countries around the world to lose faith in the American governments ability to control it's people? Idk considering that the US dollar is "trust" based it seems like that could cause the trust other countries have in the US to weaken.

3. It has been reported today that Isreal has used military surigical strike to kill a member of the Gaza leadership. More strife in the Middle East could be a huge issue and could cause serious world issues.

I've just started learning about all of this and am starting to prepare because it seems like the US cannot continue this financial course without sever consequences. Just wondering what everyone else thinks about these possible warning signs.
The economic collapse has been going on for a decade or longer. The government has been propping up the stock market with QE, Operation Twist, and the buyback of MBSs for a couple of years now and that was just after the $800 Billion bailout. Before that it was the real estate bubble with all of the alphabet soup loans they put together.

It is becoming more visible. One thing we don't see is the food kitchen lines because of the EBT cards for food stamps with 47 million participants, 99 weeks of unemployment and the myriads of other government help them along programs.

The succession ideas have been going on for years on a low volume scale, but since the election have probably become much more popular.

The Israeli issue has been smouldering for years and just needs any excuse to become more active, those folks in that entire region have been bickering for thousands of years and it is not about stop now.

Keep your ears and eyes open and be prepared for the worst while hoping for the best.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sierra skier For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2012, 04:01 PM

The Dow went up today as did most of the PM's and oil. I was expecting things to be sideways or a little down given our economy and the potential trouble in the Middle East. Then I looked at the dollar index. It's been dropping fairly steadily. It makes you wonder if we're going into that inflationary stage. We're no where near the 72 mark but it's something to think about...
The Following User Says Thank You to ramelton For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Survivor

Thanked 8,431 Times in 4,606 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohionative View Post
My toilet got plugged up last week after the election. This hasn't happened in years and it really has me concerned.
You're right not to be concerned. At least it's not going down the drain like the rest of the country.
The Following User Says Thank You to rextex For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2012, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIL-DOT View Post
Your characterization of us all as sitting in a bunker slurping generic tomato juice is arrogant and unfair, not to mention downright stupid.
Just because we're concerned about global events and what they portend, doesn't mean we're not out living our lives, eating good food, sipping quality booze, just like you.
And,if you really believe there's only a "super tiny chance something bad happens", then you're alarmingly unaware of what's going on in the world, which makes me feel the need to repeat 10 Bear's question...."why are you here"? Your arrogant,derisive tone towards the bulk of the forum membership isn't going to make you any freinds, and is suspiciously similar to another world-class troll, Survivalguy72,even down to your reluctance to thank any posts here.
Prepare for the worst, which I try to do. I enjoy learning how to do this, but the over sensitivity, paranoia, and negativity presented by some members makes it seem necessary to point out a different point of view, especially when some know it all tries to spout crap about what he saw on the news about a place I just visited. The arrogance bothers me. I apologize for having my own thoughts and views, but one might think independent thinkers are what this board is for.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:14 PM
Fertilizer Producer

Thanked 5,195 Times in 1,568 Posts

It's not so much that you have your own thoughts and views, or that you disagree with people here. Lord knows there are plenty of threads that I see that I just shake my head at. It's how you present your views and respond to the views of others that is getting folks riled up.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wayson For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2012, 08:23 PM
What, me worry?

Thanked 4,710 Times in 1,744 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIL-DOT View Post
Your characterization of us all as sitting in a bunker slurping generic tomato juice is arrogant and unfair, not to mention downright stupid.
Just because we're concerned about global events and what they portend, doesn't mean we're not out living our lives, eating good food, sipping quality booze, just like you.
And,if you really believe there's only a "super tiny chance something bad happens", then you're alarmingly unaware of what's going on in the world, which makes me feel the need to repeat 10 Bear's question...."why are you here"? Your arrogant,derisive tone towards the bulk of the forum membership isn't going to make you any freinds, and is suspiciously similar to another world-class troll, Survivalguy72,even down to your reluctance to thank any posts here.
Yup! What he said.

"Sure I prep. But I am not paranoid like all of you are." That is what you (Zylotych) are saying. Your profound lack of humility is will not earn either friends or respect. No one thinks you as smart or level-headed. Or even reasonable.

Personally, I do not believe what you say or believe that your comments or posts are honest or made in earnest. Perhaps you should take the advice that Smeagol gave to Gollum.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rpp For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpp View Post
Yup! What he said.

"Sure I prep. But I am not paranoid like all of you are." That is what you (Zylotych) are saying. Your profound lack of humility is will not earn either friends or respect. No one thinks you as smart or level-headed. Or even reasonable.

Personally, I do not believe what you say or believe that your comments or posts are honest or made in earnest. Perhaps you should take the advice that Smeagol gave to Gollum.
If any of you think this is a place to "earn either friends or respect", you need to step away from the computer and leave your house now and again.

When I say that I recommend one lives life to the fullest while preparing for the worst, I am speaking in earnest. I'm sorry that some of you are so deep in your rabbit hole that you can't see why that might be sound advice.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:46 PM
What, me worry?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlotych View Post
If any of you think this is a place to "earn either friends or respect", you need to step away from the computer and leave your house now and again.
In that you are quite wrong. You behave as if you believe this is a place to advertise your disdain for those whom you believe inferior to you. If you believe this is a place where you believe it is your duty to insult or incite, I suspect the moderators will soon remind you that the sentiment you just expressed here is completely wrong.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rpp For This Useful Post:
Old 11-19-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
In that you are quite wrong. You behave as if you believe this is a place to advertise your disdain for those whom you believe inferior to you. If you believe this is a place where you believe it is your duty to insult or incite, I suspect the moderators will soon remind you that the sentiment you just expressed here is completely wrong.
I am fairly sure that agreeing with others is not part of the users agreement, nor is being here to make imaginary friends. I'm just sharing opinions, let's not catch feelings over it.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:01 PM
What, me worry?

Quote:
I am fairly sure that agreeing with others is not part of the users agreement, nor is being here to make imaginary friends. I'm just sharing opinions, let's not catch feelings over it.
I acknowledge this post exists.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:11 AM
Survivor

Thanked 5,719 Times in 2,064 Posts

Quote:

I know lots of people on this forum who have made lifelong friends with each other, away from the computer. you really don't know what you are talking about.

it's cute that you think you know everything. keep it up, it's amusing to me.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neovenus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Gatorbait

Quote:
Yup! What he said.

I sincerely hope that other posters here realize that some members are on the payroll of the Department of Homeland Security and while I am sure they are told to blend in as much as possible, a junior leaguer or intern may let his emotions get the best of him in his responses and why not? If his superiors feel his comments are out of line, he'll just be pulled and another, better poster will replace him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arch Stanton For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2012, 07:47 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 13,162 Times in 4,396 Posts

Quote:
The Dow went up today as did most of the PM's and oil. I was expecting things to be sideways or a little down given our economy and the potential trouble in the Middle East. Then I looked at the dollar index. It's been dropping fairly steadily. It makes you wonder if we're going into that inflationary stage. We're no where near the 72 mark but it's something to think about...
I'm expecting the markets be a lot volatile - up and down - in the near term, say the next 18 months. Some of the drops are due to simple profit-taking, in this tax year to avoid the expected tax increases next year. Yes, I think we'll see some inflation come this year in respect to the valuation of the dollar. (and don't listen to the offically reported numbers - they're incomplete and not grounded in reality)

A gradual worsening of the overall global economy... sort of a lethargy... is what I'm expecting to see take hold; maybe for years. I'm not sure anymore that it makes sense to even be in the market -- even longterm. But I'm also not sure that there's a good alternative. Some are saying the markets are becoming "fragile" -- translation: any little additional uncertainty, or geopolitical "shock" or fear, will add to volatility as people react emotionally. But, to me, it just seems like things are "stuck"... the gears are grinding, the starter turns over, and I can smell the gas... but the wheels aren't turning.

My crystal ball's been turbulent and cloudy - and full of BS - since about 2008. So this is just what I sense is ahead of the markets, the economy, the future.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sacajawea For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neovenus View Post
I know lots of people on this forum who have made lifelong friends with each other, away from the computer. you really don't know what you are talking about.

it's cute that you think you know everything. keep it up, it's amusing to me.
I don't everything or anything about any of you besides what you post. I don't make friends with cats over the internets. I speak for me. Quite a leap to apply it to everyone.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:04 PM
What, me worry?

Quote:
I don't everything or anything about any of you besides what you post. I don't make friends with cats over the internets. I speak for me. Quite a leap to apply it to everyone.
I acknowledge this post exists.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:24 PM
spoonmaster

Thanked 20,347 Times in 5,519 Posts

Quote:
It looks like Mr Beef Eater, with his $25 bottles of pinot noir, is trying to make imaginary friends. It also sounds like he's trying to catch feelings with an honorable male member. Read it and weep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlotych
My pleasure, my friend. Nothing like quality eats to bring humans together.
More information as to how mr Beef Eater made a friend, can be found on the last few messages of this link
http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...101150&page=23

With that said, and now we know that the fraud has been exposed, and I've had some good laughs at his expense, I say we move on and un-derail this thread and get back to the topic at hand.
The Following User Says Thank You to brewmaster1918 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2012, 08:47 PM
This body holding me...

The majority perceive it as just starting.
The truth is...it started a long time ago.
And its just about to finish!

It all depends which side of the fence you are on.

For those that had the foresight and prepared - it will be the End of the Beginning.
For those that remained complacent and unprepared - it will be the Beginning of the End.

Nevertheless, we will all go through the same door.
For some it will be the Entrance.
For others it will be the Exit.
I hope that each and every one of us knows their house well enough to tell the difference.
It will be a confusing time, indeed!
The Following User Says Thank You to TheGrudge For This Useful Post:
Old 11-20-2012, 08:48 PM
Survivor

Thanked 5,719 Times in 2,064 Posts

Quote:
apply what to everyone?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to neovenus For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2012, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmaster1918 View Post
It looks like Mr Beef Eater, with his $25 bottles of pinot noir, is trying to make imaginary friends. It also sounds like he's trying to catch feelings with an honorable male member. Read it and weep

More information as to how mr Beef Eater made a friend, can be found on the last few messages of this link
http://www.survivalistboards.com/sho...101150&page=23

With that said, and now we know that the fraud has been exposed, and I've had some good laughs at his expense, I say we move on and un-derail this thread and get back to the topic at hand.
Where is the "fraud" part? What are you getting at?

And thank you for acknowledging that my posts exist, just as I am now acknowledging yours.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:25 AM
Hunter

Thanked 2,972 Times in 1,013 Posts

This started in 1913, was reaffirmed in 1971 and now the clock has run out. Some very smart individuals have been making this case for decades.

We reap what we sow. Time to "eat our peas".