Survivalist Forum banner

Make it versatile. What do you like to have?

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Prepping 
#1 ·
Hey Guys,

While reading some of the post I came across an idea I simply hadn't considered.

I always pride myself in trying to think of things that I store with as many uses I can get out of them.
Kind of like the Swiss Army knife of products.

But this poster said to build your shelves out of wood so you could use them for other things post SHTF.
I had never thought of this. I have always just used the easy to find metal ones as they were just 'easy'.

Anyway, if I had missed this easy one, what else might I be missing?

So how 'bout it.
Let's see what you buy and how many uses can you get out of one project?

I'll start with an easy one:
vinegar - Store food, flavor food, clean and disinfect, etc.
I know vinegar has a lot of uses but I'll stop there.

Let the MacGyvering begin.

-HikerDad

See less See more
#3 ·
Coffee filters have multiple uses. They're good for making coffee of course, but also can be used to strain tea, as an initial filtering medium for filtering water, for filtering out certain precipitates, and could even potentially be used as a mask, with duct tape as a way to seal it or even just using your hand to press it tightly against your mouth.

#6 ·
Paracord and Duct Tape.

You can bind, tie, stick, wrap, support, seal, repair and a million other things with duct tape.

You can bind, tie, wrap, lash, make a clothesline, make a lean-to or more complicated structure, and a million other things with paracord.

Reactions: Guns and Roses
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.