Survivalist Forum banner

New "W"-Slingshot, 90% wood, made with common tools

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  aramchek 
#1 ·
The self centering "W" slingshot (original idea by Bill Herriman) is my preferred design right now. And many people love it, too, they want to have one... but as you know, I do not sell my slingshots.

So I have been thinking about a "How to" video. Problem is that for the stainless steel "W", you need welding gear and other rather expensive and unusual tools. People don't have these tools at home, so I had to come up with a wooden "W".

It turned out rather well, no metalworks at all. It is more bulky (10% lighter, though), but it shoots just as good. I am very pleased with the stability - no wonder, 1" wooden rods can take some strain.

The video is finished and currently uploading, but here are two photos for now:

Greetings from snowy Germany

Jörg

See less See more
#5 ·
I had went back threw your posts ,but I had missed this one so thanks for the pix . Weridest thing ,I was typing this response and the you tube vid came up ( without me clicking on it ) and worked better than it ever has .Its still so slow that it jumps scene to scene ,,but I get most of it.Thanks again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.