Survivalist Forum banner

My 2000th Post "Common Man Survival Kit" Giveaway...

29K views 244 replies 122 participants last post by  SirThrivalist 
#1 ·
Gents,

I've made it to 2000 posts. I know, I know, some of you thought I'd never get to that number (sarcasm :p ),
but nonetheless, I've reached that pinnacle. To give something back, I'm going to put together a small kit that will
comprise of stuff that I think would come in handy in a mini-emergency and it's basically a "better than nothing at all" kit.

In 7 days from today, on Friday, January 11th, 2013, I'll name a winner.

I'm going to randomly pick a number from 1-100. You pick post a number from 1-100 on this thread and whoever's
number is closest and not over, they'll get the kit. In the event of a tie, we'll have a run-off, but to hopefully avoid that,
please read the entire thread and pick a number that hasn't been picked. It's that easy. You don't have to pay for anything,
you don't have to send me anything, I will ship it out worldwide at my own expense.

The only thing I ask is that if you don't think you're going to utilize it after a while, that instead of
letting it collect dust in some forgotten corner, you pass it on to someone who will have use of it.

It's going to be a bare-bones, 10C's/Essentials kit that an experienced well-prepped survivalist can just throw in the
back of their truck or in a shack that they frequent for those "just in case" moments or that they can hand off to a
young prepper they want to bring along.

There will be nothing of any great value in it monetarily, but if you had nothing else except the clothes on your back and
you were out in the sticks, it'd carry you for a few days until you can get situated then you'd be on your own from then on.
Mostly however, I think it'd give you a micro-psychological boost to have a few bits to keep you busy until help arrives or you
self-rescue. You're not going to build a log cabin with this stuff, but you'll be able to stay warmer, drier and better hydrated &
nourished than if you didn't have them.

Some of the stuff will be used, mostly everything however is new, all will be dirt cheap. If you are a newb and/or short
on cash, I encourage you to go for it as something is always better than nothing (especially when it's free). I had no new
canteens to include so those being a personal item, I suggest you pick one up or buy a bottled water and throw it in the
bag and WALA! instant container (besides the 1QT Emergency Water Bag I've included).

With that, here is the list of items I'll be including:
  • Small ODish Green Backpack
  • Fire Kit (PJCB Tinder Bottle, Fresnel Lense, Ferro Rod/Mag Rod, Bic Lighter, Strike Anywhere Matches in Waterproof Case)
  • Tools (Walmart Folder Knife, Multi-Tool, Credit Card Tool, Razor Blade)
  • My infamous Chalkline Fishing kit w/at least 40' of Spiderwire & some tackle
  • 3 Mil Contractor Bag
  • Mylar Space Blanket
  • (2) Aquamira Tabs
  • Emergency Poncho
  • P-38 Can Opener
  • Dog Tag Signal Mirror
  • Individual First Aid Kit
  • 6' OD 550 Paracord
  • Needles & Thread
  • Mini Flashlight
  • Button Compass
  • 2' Gorilla Tape
  • Mini Altoids Tin
  • Bandana
  • Whistle
  • And..."How To Stay Alive In The Woods" By Bradford Angier

Because of the nature of some of the items in this kit, you must be over 18 years old to
participate in this giveaway or have an adult submit their request to participate on your behalf.

So basically, you'll have emergency shelter, water container, sew bits, cutting tool(s), signaling devices, cordage,
fire starting capabilities, first aid essentials, some food procurement means and a good book to read to keep
your mind focused.

ATTN: SurvivalistBoards has nothing to do with this giveaway. [Moderators: Feel free to correct me on anything if I've
done anything that may be deemed inappropriate. I will be happy to delete anything that might go against board rules.]

See less See more
#231 · (Edited)
In 7 days from today, on Friday, January 11th, 2013, I'll name a winner

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I understand you ran out of numbers, so what about all the rest of us who need gear and tried to reply before cut off date. I read thru about 8 pages looking for my number before I went to the end and started working backwards and found you picked a winner early.
This is very kind of you sir, I really dont mean to gripe, but did you only think 100 people wanted free stuff.
Thanks for reading, have a great day.

#237 ·
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I understand you ran out of numbers, so what about all the rest of us who need gear and tried to reply before cut off date. I read thru about 8 pages looking for my number before I went to the end and started working backwards and found you picked a winner early.
This is very kind of you sir, I really dont mean to gripe, but did you only think 100 people wanted free stuff.
Thanks for reading, have a great day.
Actually, you must have missed where I said the numbers choice would be between
1-10 "more" than the highest number of participants, so there was no limit actually.
The amount of numbers was only limited by the amount of participants.
As for those who need gear and tried to reply before the cut-off date, the
OP clearly states that they should read the ENTIRE thread before posting.

;)

#238 ·
Thanks to everybody for your posts.
Wish I could've made over a hundred kits.
But, I'm going to be working on another one for Newbs.

That one's going to be more geared towards people just
coming into survivlalism. The kit won't be anywhere as
extensive as this one, but I'll try my best to cover the 10C's.

I'm not going to wait until I hit another posting milestone,
I'll just toss a kit together and learning what I've learned with
this giveaway, I'll try to make it easier for all involved next time.

:thumb:

#245 ·
I received the bag Monday night when I checked the mail. I have to say the caulk line fishing reel is a great idea. I added a couple of lighters and a pill bottle of dryer lint and two sets of coats, gloves and hats to the bag and into the wife’s car it went Thanks Again
You're welcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.