Survivalist Forum banner

Out of The Wild: The Alaska Experiment

12K views 22 replies 19 participants last post by  Gullars 
#1 ·
I did a quick search on here and couldn't see any posts pertaining to this show on here so I figured I would share.

I just watched a couple episodes of it on Netflix today. It was the first that I had heard of this series., and it seemed really interesting. There were 9 average people who have to traverse I think 60 miles through the Alaskan wilderness with only 3 days of survival training and some minor gear. They had a couple methods for food/water/packs etc they tried that both worked or failed. If you have Netflix or any means to watch the show I would recommend it. There are apparently 3 seasons so far, but I only saw one on Netflix.

Just figured I'd give a heads up in case anyone would enjoy it.

#8 ·
It is not bad as far a "survival show" goes. The good news it that in the first 3 episodes that it shows what they did wrong, as in the people arrive to those conclusions on their own (i.e we carried too much gear, we wasted too much time here, or we could of done this another way). I liked it and I watch it again from time to time just to nail home that just because we can doesn't mean we should. I still recommend it either way. BTW I belive there is another season as well, but its in a jungle I think.

#13 ·
I never forget the idiots that are going from one cabin to another for a "visit", and the rastafari new yorker that takes popshot at a BUFFALO with a small .22LR!

I mean how stupid are people?!

I have seen all! The one where they have a fixed base was the best one. Second one with the traveling one was stupid but intersting. The outdoors people quited first. Probably because they knew it would be a matter of starving.

Season 3 in Venezuela I didnt even bother finnish. Cant they accually add people that accually been in the woods before?!

#19 ·
There is actually 3 seasons already. The Alaska Experiment, which pitted 4 teams of 10 against each other to reach the goal. The producers learned that the conditions were to harsh to make a competition out of this and decided to Change the format for the following season. Sounds like you already saw season 2 where they changed the name to Out of the Wild: The Alaska Experiment. Season 3 was in Venezuela (sp?). Season 4 is going through the casting call right now. If I lived closer to the studio, I'd definately audition for it. I love this show.

#21 ·
It was a pretty good show. They trek across the wilderness while periodically stopping at specific campsites for a few days at each spot, then moving on to the next one, surviving along the way. Some of the people on the show probably shouldn't have been out there as they didn't last long before giving up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.