Survivalist Forum banner

Glock Blows up in this guys face

59K views 64 replies 30 participants last post by  SuckLead 
#1 ·
Well a few days ago i was testing out a few rent guns to see what i liked better and off to my far right hand side a man has his glock 40 blow up right in his face
here are some pictures

everyone ran to him and asked what happen... This makes me not want to fire my glock 19....:headshake

See less See more
#47 ·
I've never had a Glock blow up on me and I've used them for well over 13 years in every type of environment that combat brings. As to reloads, some people advise against it, but again, I never had a problem. However, I do not use a turret type press, but single stage. Sure it is slower, but I'll be damned to risk my life on being careless.

Reactions: Brother Buck
#50 ·
I think I picked this up from this site somewhere (I gotta get some medication to clear that up)...

http://www.theprepared.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=90&Item

I own a glock 17. It is not as nice as the sig 226, but I prefer the recoil.

Its not as accurate as a barreta, but it feels better in my hand.

I wrestled with whether to get a glock or a S&W M&P, I tried both and chose the glock because I shot better with it (marginally) and it does have a good reputation for reliability.

The reason I don't feel poorly about my purchase decision, even though it is not as accurate as I had hoped, is because
a) I have a handgun that is durable and relatively rust-resistant.
b) It was cheap as a first gun and now I can buy more!

#52 ·
I own a Glock 19. I've never had a problem with it. A bit light but nice for home protection. I recently learned that I should not shoot led bullets and that I should only shoot copper coated bullets. Glocks do not have standard rifling in the barrel but, rather, polygonal rifling (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polygonal_rifling). From what I was told, this altered type of rifling allows the led to expand in the barrel. Once the barrel gets hot and dirty, the led bullets can jamb up inside the barrel. I don't know how valid this information is but I now use copper coated, factory made ammo and nothing else.

#54 ·
OHHHHHH yeah!
I am willing to bet most of the live and for real KBs out there are a result of lead bullets.
The polygonal rifling retains a ton of lead related to Ballard, Medford, Pope or other broached rifling building up as you shoot thereby increasing pressures.
That's why the ass end of the cases blow out where they are not supported as much.
If you want to use lead bullets buy an regular cut rifled barrel like Lone Wolf or Barsto.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.