Survivalist Forum banner

Brits on the front line

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  jackal 
#1 · (Edited)
Ive heard it said a couple of times on this site that its only American troops getting killed on the front lines and that you don't here about other countries soldiers dying like Americans.

So i thought id post this to let anyone that believes this that your troops are not on there own and Brits are dying aswell.

The first woman soldier to die in Afganistan was a Brit.

most of the Links i tried wont work.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/topstories/2007/07/31/taliban-kill-sbs-man-89520-19545968/

#2 ·
THe first two didn't work and I couldn't find the story on the 3rd. Who said Brits aren't dying during the war? Alot of American troops I heard over there said the Brits and Aussies got easier assignments but no one questioned their loyalty. The only loyalty question was the un troops and one other country I won't mention since we have a member from there.

#3 ·
they would say that but it is not true the Brits have had a hard time out there.

In the 2WW the Brits used to say that they would take a hill and the Americans would take the credit,do you believe this is true.?

#6 ·
we needed each other in that one just like we do now

but its an amicable rivalry at least

and patton was the better of the two---lol

Reactions: AncientBrit
#9 ·
I honestly hope that the British Isles aren't a goner. I do hope the true Brits wake up and put an end to the conquest their country is in the middle of by a rogue barbaric culture. Winston Churchill knew in 1899 that this cult was trouble.

"How dreadful are the curses which Mohammedanism lays on its votaries! Besides the fanatical frenzy, which is as dangerous in a man as hydrophobia in a dog, there is this fearful fatalistic apathy. The effects are apparent in many countries. Improvident habits, slovenly systems of agriculture, sluggish methods of commerce, and insecurity of property exist wherever the followers of the Prophet rule or live. A degraded sensualism deprives this life of its grace and refinement; the next of its dignity and sanctity. The fact that in Mohammedan law every woman must belong to some man as his absolute property either as a child, a wife, or a concubine, must delay the final extinction of slavery until the faith of Islam has ceased to be a great power among men.

Individual Moslems may show splendid qualities, but the influence of the religion paralyses the social development of those who follow it. No stronger retrograde force exists in the world. Far from being moribund, Mohammedanism is a militant and proselytizing faith. It has already spread throughout Central Africa, raising fearless warriors at every step; and were it not that Christianity is sheltered in the strong arms of science, the science against which it had vainly struggled, the civilization of modern Europe might fall, as fell the civilization of ancient Rome." ~ Sir Winston Churchill (The River War, first edition, Vol. II, pages 248-50 (London: Longmans, Green & Co., 1899).

#10 ·
have issues only with your leaders thought processes --- O Conner ans Auchenlek were much better than monty, but got no recognition or appropriate commands to suit their superior abilities

Reactions: AncientBrit
#12 ·
thank you

the british contingent has a well deserved reputation for proffessionalism throughout their history.....intresting how we two nations have been linked together for almost 300 years.......
my count is a bit higher for the brits, i have 110 total killed in afganistan since the unpleasentness began and 176 in iraq.....real men and heros all.......

''courage is rightly esteemed the first of human qualitys.....because it is the quality which guarantees all others''
winston churchill

#17 ·
Got a mate out there now with artillery, got a mates bro out there in the ghurka's. Met these guys just before they went there ( Afghanistan )

We have all seen the footage I am sure.
God Bless All our boys Brits and Yanks alike.
I have said it before and doubtless again soon, the links across the pond are stronger and deeper than across the channel.

We ( the U.K I believe ) are compassed by an enemy within which I believe is God's judgement.

Either way, the guys and Gals out there deserve our support.
And may God help the rest of us. Cos there is another enemy here destroying both our countries freedoms.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.