Survivalist Forum banner

Review - Guyot Designs Stainless Steel Water Bottle

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Tradecraft 
#1 ·
The Guyot Designs Stainless Steel Water Bottle, The Backpacker model, is a heavy duty solid water bottle that will hold 32 ounces of water. The bottle is made of 18/10 surgical grade stainless steel. You have the ability to boil water if needed provided that you remove the cap and lanyard. Remember, the bottle will be hot so use something such as a folded bandanna or gloves to remove the bottle from the fire or you will get burned. The GSI Outdoor Glacier Bottle Cup / Pot - 18fl oz nests very well in the bottom of this bottle making it a nice system to use. I then put it in Maxpeditions' 10" X 4" Bottle Holder.

This bottle is sturdy so it weighs more than aluminum or plastic but I believe that it is also much more durable. It comes back to the cost/benefit ratio of gear. What is it worth to you to have the extra weight vs. a durable bottle that you can use to boil water?

It has never leaked from the top and this bottle has held up very well. I recommend the Guyot Designs Stainless Steel Water Bottle, The Backpacker model.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.