Survivalist Forum banner

A story of survival ...

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Gallo Pazzesco 
#1 ·
... or not?

With New Years upon us, I was reminded of this Disney short story taken from the Hans Christen Anderson story that stuck with me as a kid, (and it is centered around New Years Eve). Anyone else remember this?

I used to be afraid of starving to death and/or freezing to death because of this and because of the Jack London story, To Build a Fire (MASH HERE): (... and somewhere in my childhood, combined with the Cuban Missile Crisis, I decided to always be prepared - plus I think this maybe explains why I have always been almost obsessed with the ability to make fire in any situation, although this is the first time I've really recognized this until now)

The set-up for the story of The Little Match Girl is as folows excerpted from wiki and linked below:

wiki said:
On a cold New Year’s Eve, a poor girl tries to sell matches in the street. She is freezing badly, but she is afraid to go home because her father will beat her for not selling any matches. She takes shelter in a nook and lights the matches to warm herself. In their glow, she sees several lovely visions ....
Anyways, without further ado ... The Little Match Girl:

#2 ·
It's New Year's Eve ... she's cold, in some alley way somewhere selling matches.

Be sure to buy some matches from her if you see here tonight .... you understand.

Happy New Year! Let's hope 2011 is a great one for all of us and all out there who need blessing and who ask for blessing.

#4 ·
You'll get over it.

Besides, you believe that MSM Progressive propagated crap? Walt Disney is one of the greatest Americans to ever live and probably did more for this country in bad times than anyone else in Hollyweird has ever dreamed of doing.

Reactions: DesertDave
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.