Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bible 'promises' from the book of Deuteronomy ForestBeekeeper Religious Discussion 2 03-03-2017 11:02 AM
HAM Radio & Battery Power TDFbound Communications 30 01-20-2017 08:13 PM
looking for further information- non bible hedgerowpete Religious Discussion 27 12-05-2016 05:34 PM
Unbiblical Cop-outs: Don't Judge Me! Reality Begins Religious Discussion 4 10-31-2016 12:41 PM

Old 04-10-2017, 01:05 PM
✏ ♪♫ 🔫 🔪 ♥ 🔦 🐾

Thanked 9,684 Times in 3,010 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neut Anderson View Post
You mean like Jesus forgave Judas? Oh, wait a minute, Judas wasn't forgiven was he? Nor was he redeemed.

But I agree that we need to protect ourselves.
Jesus didn't take any of it personally, and he certainly didn't pursue revenge. As a matter of a fact, he asked of God, “Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.”

If Judas would have fallen to his knees and begged forgiveness, he might have had a shot for redemption. Instead he hanged himself and sealed his deal to eternal damnation.
Old 04-10-2017, 03:58 PM
prepared for life & death

Thanked 2,534 Times in 966 Posts

Quote:
Once again may I remind my Christian friends that every verse in the Bible has to be interpreted within the context of the entire Bible, so as not to mistakenly assume that one isolated passage means something that it doesn't. For example, the Sermon on the Mount is considered by many Christian Bible experts to refer only to Christians dealing with other Christians. If this is not understood it can be, and often is, misinterpreted and misunderstood.
That's the first time I have ever heard it put into that context. Especially in light of the last part of chapter 5 when Jesus stated "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you".
The Following User Says Thank You to JL1 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-10-2017, 08:20 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 9,631 Times in 4,365 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Quote:
Once again may I remind my Christian friends that every verse in the Bible has to be interpreted within the context of the entire Bible, so as not to mistakenly assume that one isolated passage means something that it doesn't. For example, the Sermon on the Mount is considered by many Christian Bible experts to refer only to Christians dealing with other Christians. If this is not understood it can be, and often is, misinterpreted and misunderstood.

On that note it is also important to understand that the four gospels are part of the old testament and that Jesus (at that time) walked in the office of Prophet under the Abrahamic covenant sent to Israel not to the gentiles, and that our covenant begins in the epistles after the cross not before.

Old 04-10-2017, 11:17 PM
Mr. Awesome

Thanked 3,281 Times in 600 Posts

Quote:
Once again may I remind my Christian friends that every verse in the Bible has to be interpreted within the context of the entire Bible, so as not to mistakenly assume that one isolated passage means something that it doesn't.
In principle I agree with this. However this line of thought isnt relevant to what we are discussing.

Quote:
For example, the Sermon on the Mount is considered by many Christian Bible experts
Lets just stop right there and consider that statement.......

1. I would like to see this VAST group of "experts" identified. Otherwise this is just a great example of hyperbole with no evidence to back it up.

2. Assuming there ARE a ton of "experts" that feel this way, that still doesnt make it right. A VAST majority of scientists used to believe the earth was flat. The majority is usually wrong.

Now lets continue.....

Quote:
to refer only to Christians dealing with other Christians.
Jesus (a Jew) preached the Sermon on the Mount to other Jews. The Christian church hadn't even been formed yet. Why would Jesus preach this to a group of people if it wasn't even relevant to them?

Quote:
If this is not understood it can be, and often is, misinterpreted and misunderstood.
This is assuming that YOUR understanding of it isn't wrong.

This whole bit of turning the other cheek only being relevant for Christians vs. Christians.....do you also think this passage of scripture is only relevant for Christians vs. Christians as well?

(Romans 12:17-19 KJV)
Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.
Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.
Old 04-11-2017, 12:12 PM
POLICE DETECTIVE (ret)

Thanked 1,153 Times in 348 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL1 View Post
That's the first time I have ever heard it [Sermon on the Mount] put into that context. Especially in light of the last part of chapter 5 when Jesus stated "love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you".
Research "Dispensation" which suggests that there can be various interpretations of Bible verses according to the era the verses apply to. With regard to The Sermon on the Mount it is believed by many to apply only to the future Earthly Reign of Christ.

You (and others) will need to do the research yourselves because I am referring to this from memory and not currently reading it on the net.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Research "Dispensation" which suggests that there can be various interpretations of Bible verses according to the era the verses apply to. With regard to The Sermon on the Mount it is believed by many to apply only to the future Earthly Reign of Christ.

You (and others) will need to do the research yourselves because I am referring to this from memory and not currently reading it on the net.
I understand dispensation. I understand prophetically that things are looked at in dispensations of time or time periods. ie. we are now in the church age. What sources are these beliefs from? I have done a good bit of bible study and have never heard these claims before.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:30 PM

This is kind of a foolish thread. If you are a believer in God and the Lord Jesus Christ you are to take the Bible as God's Word, true in every sense, given by inspiration of God.

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the Heavens and the earth. That kind of sets it straight that God is in charge. Don't like that? Rev 4:11* Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.*

Everything belongs to God. God gave dominion of the earth to Man and told him to subdue it. Man was the "manager" of earth so to speak. But the Sin of disobedience took man's management authority away and gave it to Satan. He is called the God of this world.

God allows Satan to operate. Read the first 2 chapters of Job to see how Satan works. He has power over this world but it is controlled by God. God still intervenes when its within His will. Now why things happen or don't happen is another theological issue. But the answer is found in the Bible. That's for another post.

Read Revelation and you can clearly see who is in control.

As for Neut's comment on dispensations and other interpretations of the Bible based on which era or age we are in. God's Word was settled in Heaven long before it was brought to earth. There are numerous verses that show God does not change. He is the same yesterday,today, and forever.
Psa_119:89* LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven.

Bible scholars can't change the Word to suit their purpose. It has one interpretation. One can apply the Word to one's own life anyway he/she wants, but there is only one interpretation that is correct.
2Pe 1:20* Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.*
2Pe 1:21* For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.*
Old 04-12-2017, 09:42 PM
off-grid organic farmer

Thanked 31,972 Times in 12,734 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Helpful Post 

Quote:

My church is dispensationalist. Jesus during his ministry was a Jew. His ministry was to the Jews. Most everything he said was addressed to Jews.

However some of it is clearly about future events. Much of it has future application by anyone.
The Following User Says Thank You to ForestBeekeeper For This Useful Post:
Old 05-09-2017, 12:02 AM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sockpuppet View Post
I suggest that you study the story of Job.
God allows Satan to rule this world as the test for mankind.

Most to all of the major church denominations are infiltrated at all levels, especially the highest levels, by Satanists... if not some to many were created by the Satanists themselves.

Just about all facets of society are infiltrated and ruled by them. This is quite telling, and one of many:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84vbw_flvqA
The Following User Says Thank You to KravMagoo For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2017, 10:44 AM
POLICE DETECTIVE (ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilltopper View Post
Well by that measure . If Satan were in charge how do you account for all the good things that continually happen ?
Good question. But if God is in charge how do you account for all the hate and sin and evil in the world? But since we obviously agree that there is both good & bad in the world maybe the most correct answer is that no one entity is in charge?
Old 05-13-2017, 10:47 AM
Survivor

Thanked 7,549 Times in 3,277 Posts

G-d = 1911 Satan = Glock
Old 05-13-2017, 11:03 AM
Father of 11 husband of 1

Thanked 10,425 Times in 4,597 Posts

Quote:
We quit the church we used to attend due to the preacher stating over and over virtually every Sunday that "God is in charge" so we don't have to be concerned about anything since everything that happens is for our own good.

I suggest everyone take a long look around the world at the reality of what is actually going on. Then think about this: If God is in charge of everything here on Earth it is obvious that He is doing a really horrible job of it.

And while I'm sure God is in charge of The End Times and Heaven, truth is all the Hell we experience here on Earth is Satan's doing not God's. Or do you think God was in charge of the NAZI death camps, or the Muslim head-chopping, or the murders of millions of innocents all over the world every year?

Or is Satan really in charge of THIS WORLD?
It sounds like you are having a crisis in Faith.
Might I suggest that you read from Hebrews 11?

Here is one verse that might help.

But without faith it is impossible to please HIM: for he that cometh to God must believe that HE is, and that HE is a rewarder of them that diligently seek HIM.
Hebrews 11:6
KJV
The Following User Says Thank You to sarge912 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2017, 11:32 AM
Prepared

All life om earth is carbon based. Carbon has 6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons.
The devil tempted Christ by promising him all realms on earth if he turned his back on God. You can't give away what doesn't belong to you.

Have a great day. ��
The Following User Says Thank You to Elvin Moseid For This Useful Post:
Old 05-13-2017, 12:11 PM
off-grid organic farmer

Thanked 31,972 Times in 12,734 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Helpful Post 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin Moseid View Post
All life om earth is carbon based. Carbon has 6 protons, 6 neutrons and 6 electrons.
The devil tempted Christ by promising him all realms on earth if he turned his back on God. You can't give away what doesn't belong to you.

Have a great day. ��
Could not have offered it to Jesus if he did not have it to offer. Jesus was smart. I am sure if it had been a false offer he would have pointed that out.

Old 05-13-2017, 01:01 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 8,955 Times in 2,911 Posts

The Restrainer has been lifted.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:31 AM
VIP Member

Thanked 8,955 Times in 2,911 Posts

John[14:30] The ruler of the world: Satan; cf. Jn 12:31; 16:11
Old 05-19-2017, 10:54 AM
POLICE DETECTIVE (ret)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarge912 View Post
It sounds like you are having a crisis in Faith.
Might I suggest that you read from Hebrews 11?

Here is one verse that might help.

But without faith it is impossible to please HIM: for he that cometh to God must believe that HE is, and that HE is a rewarder of them that diligently seek HIM.
Hebrews 11:6
KJV
One definition of mental illness is when what you believe is totally contrary to reality.
Old 05-19-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
One definition of mental illness is when what you believe is totally contrary to reality.
Reality depends on whom you belong to... Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. ........ 2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. .........................
Romans 8:28 For in this hope we were saved; but hope that is seen is no hope at all. Who hopes for what he can already see? ............................ 2 Corinthians 5:7 For we walk by faith, not by sight.
Old 05-21-2017, 05:50 PM
Автомат Калашникова

Quote:
We quit the church...

...is Satan really in charge of THIS WORLD?
You and I, Hitler and everyone else, is in charge of our own free will.

Accept that fact or deny it. Makes no difference.

Take responsibility for your freedom and become Christian.

Or not, and exercise your freedom to move on.

Your choice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Keyzer Soze For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 10:04 PM

Why do people think this way? Do you not realize, you have free will. We all do. The God that created us, gave us our own responsibility right from the start. We are not His sheep. We are not like the animals, we are indeed special because we have the ability to understand and reason.

God simply makes His case and we have to decide. You might call Jesus Christ "God's lawyer" and he was a really good one. Jesus came, and in plain language, with examples and parables and gentle persuasion, made God's case all over again. He made it simple and direct. We, the "jury" had to make a decision. Well, the first deciders of that case really got it wrong- they crucified the Lawyer!

Okay- truth is, We have to accept that what happens here is not God's will or God's fault at all. It's our fault! We choose to kill each other. We choose to fornicate and lie and cheat and steal and hurt little kids and fly airplanes full of innocent people into buildings full of innocent people!

Satan is merely a bettor - a gambler who always plays the odds. God and Satan both know the hearts and minds and weaknesses of humans. God is not playing a game, He does not even look at the table or place a bet. He does not work that way. He knows that there are some- a very few, who listened intently to the lawyer's argument. The presentation was simple and easy to understand. It's that so many let their greed and lust and pride blind them to the truth of it. It is the little, seemingly "bland" person standing there, working, being kind, letting the evil swirling all around them, drift on while they continue to live their life as Jesus would have wanted them to. It is the meek who will inherit the earth- truly. It is that person who is God's own treasure. Think of the evil all around us as the rocks and mud and rubble that hides the gold nuggets in the mine. Those rare little treasures shine the brighter for the darkness of all that rotten roughness around them. All the rest is just so much waste....the muck.

God is not involved in this adventure of ours except to take notice of his "bright shining nuggets". Old Scratch is there reaping his rewards. For it's the rubble he wants.
The Following User Says Thank You to Altoidian For This Useful Post: