Survivalist Forum banner

Michigan anyone?

95K views 528 replies 315 participants last post by  Lbox88 
#1 ·
Just wanted to have the folks from Michigan sound off.

Thumb area for me

#3 ·
I know theres more than the two of us. Maybe not, now I'm feeling kinda lonely :(

#8 ·
I grew up in Burton. Small world.

#13 ·
Thats only about 40 minutes from where I live now.

#17 ·
My Fiance and I are moving to Detroit in a few weeks. Was wondering if anyone wanted to talk about what they have set up already for urban/wilderness survival and when/if the SHTF.
I hope you have a job already lined up, they are getting pretty hard to find around these parts.

As far as "set ups" for survival, what info are you looking for? BOB's, BOL's, BIL's (bug in locations), an over all plan? Be more specific.

Welcome to all the newcommers.

Reactions: laser20
#18 ·
So far we have Kalamazoo, Port Huron, Peck (me), Gladwin, one from Lansing, one near Lansing, Grand Rapids, one soon to Detroit, one south of Detroit, somewhere in SouthEast Michigan and somewhere in the Northern part of the lower Pen. checking in. Kind of a spread out bunch.

I know there are more on the boards that are from Michigan, they must be shy.

This could be a good way to find a member near you, get to know them a little and possibly start a group, just a thought.

Reactions: Page29
#19 ·
I have family all over that state, Armata,Sterling hgts,Marine City,St.Helens,MT.Clemens,Flatrock and last but not least Gibralter,I loved going their as a kid.If the economy wasn`t so bad,i be there before Idaho,but i must fallow the wifes quest for more money!

#23 ·
Hi, Im in Oakland county.

Have lived in Livonia, Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Bay City, Grand Blanc (flint).

Im trying to get some money to go to school thru the Michigan Works program. Its been a bit of a pain in the butt.

They have me doing labor market research for careers I'm not interested in all because of their "carreer assesment" test. It was so far off the mark, it was stupid.

Im a bit frustrated because I have been given a lot of false information from people at MI Works. At first they said it would take me 6-8 weeks to get confirmation for school money. Well, its been almost 3 months and they are giving me a whole new round of hoops to jump thru.

Anyone else use this program? tell me what you think.

#26 ·
Go to a local school.... best if you hit a Community College. Talk to a guidance counselor and go from there.
They will help you much more than Mi works.
As for the $ issue.... tell them exactly what your issues & plans are... They will help you get started.
My wife went though a lot of this with a Community College...

#29 ·
Fred Lee,

thanks for the newsflash!

Found that out the hard way

you are right on the money.

Not getting any money from them- because I need to come up with my own $$ to fund the pre-req's (beggining college courses)

If you have never been to college this program will not help you get an associates degree from your local comm college.

Would have been nice if they came out and told me from the start before i wasted all my time and gas money driving over there the last 3 months playing their games.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.