Survivalist Forum banner

Glocks are for Lefties?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Herd Sniper 
#1 ·
Are there any lefties out there that are of the Glock persuasion? I'm thinking heavily on buying a Glock 17 or 19, but my only hangup is the magazine release. I know that the release is rather small, and I am aware that all my other handguns use an ambidextrous release, thus eliminating my affliction. Is the release tougher for lefties, or is it something that can easily be overcome with a little practice. I'm thinking that it won't be an issue with practice (seeing as I do everything else left-handed and have to adjust), but I'm just curious.

Now, I'm sure that most of you are going to tell me to wander off to a range and try it out. I can't. I'm out of the country and will be for a little while...and I might send my father in to buy the thing for me. I'm going on a little bit of faith here, but I also want to get the thing paid for and put away before Dear Leader Obama bans anything larger than a pellet gun. I'm kind of between a rock and a hard place.

I'd rather not buy another XD. I've got one in .40 and frankly love it, but I've decided that for a high capacity 9mm, Glock is the way to go. The only argument I can make in favor of the XD is the mag. release.

#2 ·
My son is a leftie and loves his Glock. He releases the mag with his index finger and has no problem. He is almost faster than I am now at a reload. :)

If your not stuck on the 9mm, look at the Glock 21SF chambered in 45 ACP. You can get it with an ambidextrous mag release.

#3 ·
I've shot Glocks with both hands at one time or another. I had to do that so, as an instructor, I would know what left-handed people go through with their firearms. Yes, a Glock will work for people who shoot left-handed BUT I would suggest that you think about getting an oversized or larger magazine release. I'm not sure but I think that there is a company that can modify your Glock for a leftie out on the west coast, like in Oregon. Google "left hand Glocks" and "modified Glock pistols" to see if you can find anything that might also work for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.