Survivalist Forum banner

BoB clothing question

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  determu 
#1 ·
Hi fellas.
I was wondering what other peoples approaches are to clothing bug-out set-ups are. Do you have a separate set of clothes that resides in your kit/vehicle ? Are they new and never worn before , or broken -in clothes?

I would also like to know if those clothes are ever rotated or worn on a regular basis . or just stay in the kit. Would they be different than perhaps your other outdoor gear ( like camping/hunting/hiking clothes as far as selection goes?)

I appreciate any feedback on the topic. I've went over all the usual BoB supplies , but clothing choices has me a bit stumped. Why? Because if I have to grab and go , I ain't bringing too many clothes as it would probably take too much room , so the clothes I would bring take on more importance.

Thanks,
Pete :)

#2 ·
I change mine out with the change of seasons. I carry 2 sets in my BOB at all times. I take them out every couple of weeks and wash them so they are reasonably fresh.

During the spring and summer, a t shirt and a thin, long sleeved button up shirt and 2 pairs of jeans. During the fall and winter, a set of sweats and a long sleeved thicker shirt with a pair of jeans.

All used because I don't need the added stress of having to be in uncomfortable clothes while dealing with problems.

I don't carry it in my bag but I carry a windbreaker and another thicker coat in the backseat durng the winter. Just to be on the safe side.

Reactions: hiwa
#4 ·
just add a pair of normal clothing that meets the following requirments.

Not cotton
Tough
Something you'd wear before the following *clearing weeds, working out,making love to a boar*
Not to bright, nor camo
Has room to breath

Look through your closet first, add what you need from goodwill first if you can't find it then buy it.

@ txplowgirl no extra set of bra or panties? If I run into a braless texan ill be sure to give her a awkward hug

#7 ·
@ txplowgirl no extra set of bra or panties? If I run into a braless texan ill be sure to give her a awkward hug
Well, I don't mention unmentionables but I would think you take that for granted. But, being truthful I don't wear braziers. Havn't for over 20 something years due to allergies. Every time I try I break out in big blisters. OWWW!:eek:

I'm the type of person that if you don't wanna know something don't ask me because you might not wanna know the answer.

#5 ·
i have extra close at my BOL year around and for different types of weather. all i have in my bob clothing wise is extra socks and a pair of long johns and a poncho, why not underwhere ect? because if i need to bug out i wont have time and i will only change my socks i can wash up when i reach my BOL

#6 ·
I have Propper Public Service tactical pants and long sleeve shirts, both lightweight and standard weight, along with ****ies khaki work pants and long sleeve work shirts. I keep at least one pair in the kit at all times, and rotate them out occassionally as I wear them fairly often as daily clothing. Once it gets too cold for my leather coat and hat, I go to tan/brown Carhart Arctic bibs, and parka w/hood.

http://www.epropper.com/categoryattribute/58

http://www.****ies.com/mens-clothing.jsp

http://www.carhartt.com/webapp/wcs/...51&catalogId=10101&langId=-1&categoryId=10926

Just my opinion.

Reactions: hiwa
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.