Survivalist Forum banner

Brita Filter In a Flood?

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  omusoya 
#1 ·
Will my Brita get the job done on flood water?

#7 ·
Here's a unit I've used from a company called Rainfresh ...

Portable Bacteria Contamination Gravity Water Purifiers ( scroll down to M2/M4 )

http://www.rainfresh.ca/productinfo/undersink.html

It's a larger unit ( counter top ) but ideal for small groups, as opposed to single-person units. The ceramic filters take care of bacteria ....

M2 - Includes 2 G1S self-sterilizing cleanable, silver impregnated reusable Ceramic Cartridges - Tough, durable, non corroding food grade containers nest for easy transport - Push button spigot.

M4 - Includes 4 G1S self-sterilizing cleanable, silver impregnated reusable Ceramic Cartridges - Tough, durable, non corroding food grade containers nest for easy transport - Push button spigot.

* Traps and kills coliforms, faecal coliforms, E. coli
and other harmful bacteria > 99.99999%.
* Traps Cryptosporidium and Giardia (Beaver Fever)
cysts > 99.9%.
* Activated carbon core reduces chlorine, taste & odour.
* Filters sediment, rust, algae and silt as small as 0.3 microns.

It retails for about $75. I tested one for another forum I used to haunt, and filtered water from my backyard pond with excellent results. Tasted just like bottled ... and no ill effects.

DT

#8 ·
I would be careful with filtering flood water, especially if your in the city or close to houses(rural area). Rats have some nasty stuff on their urine and feces. I would filter and boil the heck out of flood water before drinking from it. I had a very bad experience from that, and we were in the frickin jungle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.