Survivalist Forum banner

Question, BOB

2K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Katrina Guy 
#1 ·
I am new to the forum and would like your opinions. I have a bug out bag right now that is just a plain backpack, but would like to upgrade. I am on a tight budget and it seems the bag is the most expensive. I live by Detroit so most likely I will be going by car unless something happens to it.

What do you guys think about this bag?

http://cgi.ebay.com/BACK-PACK-BRAND...175?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d2ab18f5f

Thanks for your input.

#2 ·
I think it is a nice pack for the price but any pack that will carry everything you need to get to where you are going will work. What you put in it is the most important.

Plan as if your primary mode of transportation craps out the second you back out the driveway and now you have to hump the bush.

Enough food and water needed to get to where you are going
Wet weather gear.
Changes of clothes including extra socks.
Map and compass

Well you know what goes in it.

#4 ·
Yeah, by the time your done you'll need a cargo van and your BOB will be the size of a hockey gear bag. I apply the KISS method.

Alice pack in the truck behind the seat. In the wife's car, a back pack.
Something that will be comfortable to carry for an extended period of time.
Comfortable boots
Heavy socks
2 canteens on an H-harness with six 30 round mags in two pouches and a first aid kit
Shoulder rig for my sidearm
Padded sling for my AR-15 rifle
Two sets of cammies
6 MRE's broke down
1 spool of fishing line 20lbs test
1 quality knife (I like Hen and Rooster prior to the frost buyout)
4 15 round mags for the Glock
1 Gallons of water
Compass
Advil
Alcohal wipes

Total weight is about 40 pounds which is more than enough.

Any more than a two days walk your going too far, especially with children or a nagging wife. But my BOB's are to get home not to get to an external BOL.

P.S there's your first Thanks remember it well

#11 ·
It comes with the sleeping system bag. This is what it says it comes with.

1 BRAND NEW (THE NEW DESIGN) MOLLE II PACK FRAME.

1 BRAND NEW MAIN PACK (MEDIUM)

1 BRAND NEW DELUXE PACK BELT

1 BRAND NEW RADIO PACK

1 BRAND NEW PACK COVER

1 BRAND NEW SLEEP SYSTEM BAG

2 BRAND NEW UTILITY HOLSTERS

1 M41A DUAL MAGAZINE POUCH

1 BRAND NEW SET OF DESERT CAMO SHOULDER STRAPS

#9 ·
I have one in woodland cammo. I like it. There is only one problem, the bigger the pack, the more stuff you WILL put in it. Don't ooverboard just becaue you have the room.

Sustainment pouches on the sides is where I put my first aid kit and TP. Both handy when needed. I don't see those here either

#10 ·
Welcome to the site! Whatever the pack, here are some suggestions that you want to have in your BOB:

http://www.survivalistssite.com/~canuck/downloads/bob_list.pdf

This isnt a "catch all" list, I know some people have situational BOBs and various EDC bags. However, I do like the list because it gave me a good place to start and I have and will continue to amend it to my needs, as technology gets better :)

Good luck and happy prepping :)

#12 ·
This is the direction I opted to go too. Ordered one last night in fact. I'd outgrown the previous pack as I've started to realize I was woefully under stocked in my BOB. I sort of wanted a digital camo one, but the extra $100 or so helped me realize 3-color desert is fine :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.