Survivalist Forum banner

Bullpup?

3K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Lakota 
#1 ·
Anybody know of a bullpup kit or website for any pump or semi 12 ga.
870,500 or nova would be fine. I could buy another if I have too, shotguns seem easy to pick up lately. Must not have a cool factor as much as old days.

#3 ·
I once owned a Mossy 500 in bullpup config. I had to get rid of it because shooting a bullpup from the "wrong side" is not ideal... With that said, I'm sure you could search Ebay or something and find a great deal.

Have you ever shot a shotgun bullpup? On mine, I had to rack the shells a little slower as a normal rack for me would often bind up and not properly eject. The bullpup kit I had was basically a shell that fit over the receiver and barrel, and it was at least an eight of an inch thick, which seemed to be what binded the shells.

#7 ·
It's an attractive idea that doesn't translate well into reality IMO. Awful triggers are the norm. As is increased potential for malfunction. The kusnapup xlegionaire linked is probably the best "looking" I've seen, but from what I hear the guy has been promising production for years and is yet to deliver.

I think a decent bullpup shotgun needs to be a project engineered from the ground up, not a plastic strap on kit. No offense to anyone, I like the idea too. I've just never seen it done well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.