Survivalist Forum banner

Knorr pasta/rice sides past expiration date

68K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dumb Droid 
#1 ·
Last year I got a bunch of Knorr/Lipton Sides on sale (fifty cents a package, about 1/2 off the usual "on sale" price of a dollar). Along with some Bear Creek soups I put them into my deep freezer to see how they would hold up after their expiration date. Tonight I got out a Buffalo Chicken rice dish. It was labeled May 2013 best by. Texture and taste were just like new from the store. My Bear Creek soups and pasta were listed best by Jan 14 so I will check it next January (2015). So far so good. Wife fixed the Buffalo rice with English peas and bits of chicken pulled off a carcass. Was good.

#2 ·
Man, love Knorr's Cajun Rice & Beans and I've got a medium size tub filled with them. But also, needed some brown mustard for a sandwich, so took one out of my preps...
expiration was something in mid/late 2012. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. No problems after using it (and still doing so). Just made sure I shook it up well before using.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.