Survivalist Forum banner

Double edged folders?

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  FALPhil 
#1 ·
Anyone here know of any folding or out the front knives with a either a double edges serrated blade? It would have to be normal looking and preferably spring loaded or at the very least have one of those thumb tabs on the side.
Thanks for all your help!

#2 ·
Double edged knives are illegal in a lot of places. Microtech and protech make some. A lot of manufacturers make knives with an unsharpened swedge but I don't know of many that do double edged folder designs aside from balisongs, but those obviously aren't spring loaded and also are illegal in a lot of places.

#6 ·
You're welcome!

Just one word of caution if you buy it. Mine was extremely stiff to open when I first got it. Oiling the bolt helped a little, but the trick was loosing the bolt itself. If yours is like that and you have to loosen it, do it over a table and be VERY MINDFUL of the two pins that keep the blade in a locked position that are opposite of the flip. I wasn't and the damn things fell out. Spent the better part of two hours with a 50 pound magnet finding those things and having to take my knife apart to fix it. But it's a great little knife, holds it's sharpness very well.

#7 ·
Gerber Applegate Fairbairn comes in a double edge with or without serrations. I have a Covert and a Combat. I have used and abused the Combat to the point that I had to regrind the blade. It is still my favorite heavy duty pocket knife. I have used it as a can opener. I have butchered deer with it. I have used it as a pry bar. I have even taken it scuba diving on several occasions.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.