Survivalist Forum banner

Global Cooling?

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Dwind 
#1 · (Edited)
Just do a search on global cooling. There are many articles on this past years cold weather and growing ice at the poles. Climate changes. Something else to prepare for one way or the other. I need to install a wood stove.

Twelve-month long drop in world temperatures wipes out a century of warming

Over the past year, anecdotal evidence for a cooling planet has exploded. China has its coldest winter in 100 years. Baghdad sees its first snow in all recorded history. North America has the most snowcover in 50 years, with places like Wisconsin the highest since record-keeping began. Record levels of Antarctic sea ice, record cold in Minnesota, Texas, Florida, Mexico, Australia, Iran, Greece, South Africa, Greenland, Argentina, Chile -- the list goes on and on.

No more than anecdotal evidence, to be sure. But now, that evidence has been supplanted by hard scientific fact. All four major global temperature tracking outlets (Hadley, NASA's GISS, UAH, RSS) have released updated data. All show that over the past year, global temperatures have dropped precipitously.

Meteorologist Anthony Watts compiled the results of all the sources. The total amount of cooling ranges from 0.65C up to 0.75C -- a value large enough to erase nearly all the global warming recorded over the past 100 years. All in one year time. For all sources, it's the single fastest temperature change ever recorded, either up or down.

See less See more
#5 ·
Twelve-month long drop in world temperatures wipes out a century of warming
Down here in NZ, we just had one of the coolest summers in decades, the hot period was only about 4 weeks long instead of 8-12 weeks.
Record levels of Antarctic sea ice,
Was real evidence of this last year, when an ice berg came up level with Christchuch in the South Island, about 200miles of the coast, which is a fair way above the Antartic circle.
Check it out on a world map, it's a long way!:eek:

Reactions: n1d
#6 ·
So,........................when will I be able to hunt polar bears on ice flows in the Gulf of Mexico?:p
Just last week, that snow a few miles to the north of me, had me concerned.
I almost jumped in the truck to go buy a snowblower. But I don't have snow chains so I didn't risk going.:rolleyes:

#7 ·
LMAO, a few Xmases ago we had some real accumilation here- from 7 to 12 inches. I swear the people that I know that have never seen snow before thought some chemical plant ROYALLY screwed up.

No one knew how to drive in it either, they all got stuck. I can only imagine what I45 looked like that day. :p

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.