Survivalist Forum banner

Canned Salmon - NOT!

9K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  BusyBee 
#1 ·
I dont know about you but I love Canned Salmon. I grew up in Oregon and love seafood & fish. Now I live in Idaho, and I dont get much seafood here. Luckily I purchased some Canned Atlantic Salmon from Costco about a year ago and dang its really good! However, Costco is not located near me, so I went to Sam's club and purchased some Bumble Bee Premium Wild Pink Salmon in 5oz cans. It was kinda pricey, but I thought shoot, I need some salmon! Today I opened a can and to my surprice it was TUNA!!!! No kidding! So, I'm going back to Sam's club and see if they will replace the 20 cans I purchased. Wish me luck!

#4 ·
I took them back to Sam's Club, and it turned out that I didnt purchase them there. So the only other store around here that I shop at is Wal-Mart, and they do sell them and took them all back with no questions asked, not even a reciept.

Here's the number on the bottom of the can that I ate, I dont know if this is a lot number or not ...

CMCBD
397UW

I ended up getting Sam's Club brand Atlantic Salmon (Members Mark) 7 oz can (pack of 5 cans) for 10.98 for the 5 cans. Expiration date 2013 - Lets hope we all make it to then! LOL

#6 ·
Tater,

I wish we had that here. I miss Costco for sure, but your gordon food service sounds better. With everybody in this area utilizing food storage, you'd think we'd have a canned food outlet, but we dont. Sam's is the least expensive thing and thats 30 minutes south of Rexburg where I live. All groceries here in Rexburg at 25% - 30% higher than similar stores down in Idaho Falls (30 minutes south). If I had the funds or investors, I'd open up a canned food outlet and clean house.

#14 ·
Has anyone tried the freeze-dried salmon? Just wondering what it is like.
No, not too well. Salmon is very perishable. Vacuum packing hot smoked salmon and keeping it cool will last 1-3 years. Cold smoked might make it through the winter.

I can my own with pickles and peppers and then add a cracker for fish patties. I do the same with Hooligan (smelt) and I smoke salmon as well. It's usually gobbled up by about this time but I limited and used a proxy for the old man every time I went out. Gonna do the same this year.

#17 ·
I could add Treet lunchmeat in there. I thought it would be like generic Spam. I don't like Spam anyway, but since this was cheaper, I bought a BUNCH! Only to find out it's even worse than Spam. An order of magnitude worse. The difference between Spam and Treet is like the difference between filet mignon and cat turds. Did I mention I really didn't like the stuff? Out of the cupboard and into the barter box! :D:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.