Survivalist Forum banner

Incandescent Bulbs are being Phased out

2K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  nicktide 
#1 ·
Starting this year 100w bulbs are not allowed to be produced. The next year is 75w, the year after 60w bulbs.

I like to use them to give a bit of heat to my quail. Thought other folks who use these bulbs for animal heating might want to stock up. Homeless Depot has a good sale on them right now.

For new owners of chickens, ducks, or other birds, the Infra Red Lamps destroy the Riboflavin in bird feed. If you use these lamps, keep the food shaded from that kind of light.

#2 ·
#10 ·
Exactly Doc !!! If any of this green energy stuff was that great the almighty imperialist federal government would not have to FORCE the citizens to use it or use the citizens hard earned money to subsidize the manufacture of it.

I despise the new lightbulb, I can get more light out of a jar of ****ed off fireflies.

Thank God we have the almighty government to make these vastly important decisions for us because obviously we're too stupid to pick out our own lightbulb.

When will we stand up and say "enough"?

Rick

#9 ·
My understanding is that the House repealed the ban after the 2010 elections got the 'Rats out of power, but the 'Rat-controlled Senate refused to go along (and no doubt His Holiness would veto the repeal anyway.)

So the House has now refused to fund enforcement, and the bulbs remain available.

For now.

Meanwhile, His Holiness's buttboy Jeffrey Immelt, the CEO of GE, used the law as an excuse to move the last remaining American lightbulb factory to China.

#11 ·
The original CFL bulbs (straight tubes, big heavy base) were terrible. They did not startup well at cold temps, they burned out, and they could break and release mercury vapor.

Tried them, hated them.

The newer twisty bulbs are some better. I use them in side for lights that stay on for hours every day. They save money and seems to last.

The newest CFL bulbs where the twisty tubes are protected by an external glass (looks like a normal bulb) work terrific. They are rated for 8,000 hours and even seem to work in outside settings.

They plan to continue to produce the clear appliance bulbs, since these applications would either freeze or cook the CFL electronics.

#13 ·
The law is still there but the house refused to fund the law so they can not enforce it.... or something like that. Problem is the major companies... those that make the cfl and incandecent are the ones that helped right the law. They want this ban because only a few companies make the cfl's but hundreds make incandecent. Theres companies will comply for their own reasons and many more will comply in fear of retroactive fines when/ if they do get funding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.