Survivalist Forum banner

Kahr CM9 9mm

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  AllOutdoor.com 
#1 ·
I have a few guns; guns for home defense, concealed carry, for fun, for sporting competition, and for hunting. The Kahr CM9, a compact, 6+1 capacity 9mm pistol, definitely fits right into the concealed carry profile, and it does so in a size and caliber that are a little unusual.

The CM9 is basically a less flashy, less expensive version of Kahr’s PM9. The PM9 was a hit for Kahr and provided a higher power 9mm pistol in a small, 380ACP-sized format. The problem was that not everyone wanted to pay for the extra slide milling, surface finishing, additional magazine, polygonal rifling, or metal sights; thus the CM9 was created.

The “economy” CM9 is functionally identical to the PM9 and shares the same magazines, but the newer gun drops the superfluous extras to create a $517 MSRP pistol that is $200 less than its upmarket predecessor. Personally I do not think the looks or functions suffer at all. With the exception of the extra magazine, will you miss all those extra features if you have to fend off an attacker attempting to do you harm at a typical 7 feet or less? Not likely, and you you saved $200 in the process with no loss in reliability.

Despite being a “budget” version of another gun, the pistol’s fit is exceptional, matching the Sig Sauer in many respects. The CM9′s 3-inch barrel sports standard rifling. The frame is meticulously formed black polymer and is mated to a stainless, bead-blast finished slide. The CM9 keeps the class leading trigger but loses the polygonal rifling, a spare magazine, attractive slide milling and surface finishing, metal sights, a rolled versus milled slide markings, and a formed vs milled slide release. You will want to pick up extra magazines.

The CM9 uses a stunningly simply cam that first unlocks the firing pin and then cocks and fires the firing pin. Essentially, the gun is safe without a safety until the trigger is pulled and greatly simplifies required operations in times of stress. The gun’s feed ramp has been mirror polished to assure feeding which is not something you see on pistols of this price range.

I tested accuracy at reasonable defensive distances from point blank to 7-yards (21 feet) and found the Kahr CM9 quite accurate. At the longer, 7-yard distances, I was able to deliver standing, two-hand-supported, 12-round, 1.3-inch groups with Hornady 115gr Critical Defense ammo, excellent for this size pistol. My preference for this gun is a 115-grain round not necessarily in the +P range.

The Kahr CM9 is a small accurate and reliable little gun that is easy to carry and will be with you when you need it, vs back home in the safe. For those that want an in-between size without sacrificing power, the CM9 is great compact concealed carry gun that will find a home in your front or back pockets, purse, or waistband. The best way I can describe the CM9 is as a “densely packed little 9mm”.

SPECS
CM9 – CM9093 (3.0″ Barrel)
Black polymer frame, matte stainless slide
MSRP: $517.00
Caliber: 9mm
Capacity: 6+1
Operation: Trigger cocking DAO; lock breech; “Browning – type” recoil lug; passive striker block; no magazine disconnect
Barrel: 3.0″, conventional rifling; 1 – 10 right-hand twist
Length O/A: 5.42″
Height: 4.0″
Slide Width: .90″
Weight: Pistol 14 ounces, Magazine 1.9 ounces
Sights: Drift adjustable, white bar-dot combat sights
Magazine: 1 – 6 rd flush floorplate

More...

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.