Survivalist Forum banner

Zombie Stick

7K views 20 replies 15 participants last post by  ScoutC 
#1 ·
#3 ·
its a tire thumper / zombie stick
so its a tool / ad hoc weapon
in a state where you can own a battle axe, sword, mace or whatever sort of hand weapon you like. a tire thumper would be illegal? they sell them at truck stops and some of them have "obvious handles".
I've read the state code and nothing is listed, while it can be used as an weapon it is not totally intended as such.
the term zombie stick is more of a joke than anything.
I live in the free world not the people's republic of california or new england :D

#11 ·
as for the "legality issues"
it IS legal 100% legal. it is a tire thumper / zombie stick it is a tool.
if it were illegal... carrying other tools like hammers and axes would be illegal!
it only becomes a weapon according to the law if i use it as one. an example would be this:
you have a hammer in your car, thats perfectly fine! you beat somebody with it it becomes assault with a deadly weapon, because you used it as a weapon in that circumstance. You see what i mean?

I use it to give the tires a whack to make sure they have pressure ;)

#12 ·
The only weapons prohibited in Indiana are auto-opening knives (Assisted is fine, but a one button open is a no-go,) throwing stars (No, seriously.) and short barreled shotguns (Even a legal SBS with a stamp.) The common misconception of an illegal blade length is nonsense. You can own and carry a greatsword, even concealed, if you so choose. Non-NFA weapons are not regulated by the state, with the exception of carrying a handgun, which requires a permit. MG's, SBR's, Suppressors, and AOW's are gtg so long as you've got your stamp. While we're at it, body armor is only regulated if worn in the commission of a felony, which makes wearing the body armor a felony as well. Aside from that, there is very little state regulation in the state of Indiana when it comes to weapons.

#13 ·
I would take it one step further and make it into a bang-stick like we had when we were diving in the hammerhead shark infested waters off Mazatlan in the 70's.

We made ours in 12 ga and used 00 buck... it blew a hole in a shark's belly so big that you could stick your arm in !

Ultimate survival "walkingstick with a warhead" ... its a wonder the BATF does not consider them a firearm.

http://www.deepsixintl.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=184&cat=BANGSTICKS+AND+POWERHEADS

http://themanwhonevermissed.blogspot.com/2007/07/do-you-need-bang-stick.html

#14 ·
Having it under your seat or hidden somewhere on your body or in your car/truck with easy access changes it to an concealed weapon. My uncle almost got busted for having a tire thumper behind the seat of his work truck (on road mechanic for kenworth) a few years back. His saving grace was he did have a permit and it was clearly a work truck. The cop told him it could be anywhere in the bed or locked up in a toolbox and be fine. Since it was easy access to the driver where he was sitting while driving its a concealed weapon. Funny thing the idiot never said anything about the loaded beretta he always has in the center console of that truck.

#16 ·
Indiana has no laws on the books about concealed weapons. The only thing you must have a permit for is a handgun. This is not illegal, regardless of where he has it, what he uses it for, or what he calls it. Unless he employs it as a weapon in an act of violence it's completely fine. He could drive nails into a baseball bat and walk around the street with it without any legal problems. There is such an amazing misconception on legality of weapons around this country, and what's worse, people state these misconceptions as fact.

#18 ·
I don't know from laws but here's a couple of critiques on the zombie stick. Being someone that has used a lot of hand held tools for extended periods I'll say this, that cord handle may give good grip, but it will chew your hands to dog meat. Thats why axes and sledge hammers don't have cord grips, even old batle axes and maces didn't have cord wrapped handles. Second that securing bolt is weakening the handle, and is a likely place for it to crack. next time just taper the shaft so you get an interference fit with the head, then you can drive a wooden wedge and a steel wedge cross wise into the working end. Look at a good axe, no securing bolt, just taper fit and wedges to expand the shaft and seat it into the head. Other than those two minor things it's a good idea, no nails or hooks or barbs to get caught in skulls, good work.

#20 ·
It is illegal for semi drivers to carry weapons in their cabs--company policy and state statutes in many places.

Untold number of semi drivers have had their tire testers/thumpers confiscated by Highway Patrol even in states where it was legal to have them so just be careful is what people are warning you about.

You come at me carrying that I'd greet you with two .41 Rem mag 240 gr bullets COM since you are brandishing a weapon...You'd be dead, I'd be at the station house talking to the police via my lawyer, my wife would be angry at me for not bringing home something she needed, my youngest daughter's cat will still hate me but you'd still be dead.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.