Survivalist Forum banner

AK Reliability

7K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  mefunkymxw 
#1 ·
#8 ·
I think the biggest differnce between the AR family and AK family when it comes to reliability is which weapon will function longer in the hands of the masses on this forum. Without a doubt I seen more "experts" on this forum that knew less about the AR then I do knock the AK for all the wrong reasons. In the end I think the AK is far more forgiving then the AR ever will be. If I put the AR that isn't a crapper like the DPMS in the hands of a competant person you will see a very long shelf life with lots of rounds. There is a big reason that "child" soldiers are issued AKs instead of other weapons. Some of that has to do with avaliability, but when a kid can be taught it, there is a madness to the function and design.

As for people like 2ndAmendment your arguments and claims are that of individual who has never really worked a AR or AK hard. Either that or you are so feverish like some Apple fans I know that you won't accept reality.

In the end both are good, and Gladius did a great video on why the AK family holds the crown for assult rifle reliability.

#16 ·
[offensive language warning-Inner City terms.]

Here's an American who supports AK over AR.

AK owner's have their own song. Something AR owners probably don't have. The Kalashnikov inspires singing...there are many AK songs in this world, several in Arabic. But here is one American AK types can enjoy:

[Offensive language warning, but it's not politically correct to correct such things.]

To provide almost equal time:

I'm really looking for a certain image:

AK, so simple a Caveman can use them.

#18 ·
[offensive language warning-Inner City terms.]

Here's an American who supports AK over AR.

AK owner's have their own song. Something AR owners probably don't have. The Kalashnikov inspires singing...there are many AK songs.

Soulja Boy - AK 47 Official Video - YouTube

[Offensive language warning, but it's not politically correct to correct such things.]

Yea, let's marginalize and mock a weapon platform that has seen combat on every inch of the globe for a half century...

Fo/ shizzle, let's not actually challenge the specs of that platform, it's combat reports, it's reputations, it's actual accuracy and reliability and so on....

Fo' shizzle;

...and I'm not even an "ak guy"...

#26 ·
Well, the problem is right now...all those the darn hunters think their need to zero is more important than our need to shoot our AR's and AK's for the heck of it.

They should be allowed just three rounds and be off the range. Yeah, we shoot all year around and it's been a heck of a Summer and they just have a few weeks when they get priority just because of the dang hunting season thing, but they shouldn't have prority. Three rounds each and their flannel or fleece wearing selves should be off our ranges...we have bricks of ammo to burn through. It's selfish of them to be on our ranges.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.