Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
We are entering a dangerous phase... Harmless Drudge Political News and Discussion 24 04-01-2014 12:42 AM
Ex-Pat Entering Survival Forum...Hello All! ctrevillyan New Member Introduction 11 10-08-2012 11:57 AM
News OWS Tactic is Breaking and Entering and "Occupying" Private Residences ounceofprevention Financial Forum 43 12-13-2011 12:22 PM
Live news updates from Japan sammich Manmade and Natural Disasters 1 03-14-2011 06:09 AM
Entering Canada Illegally Nately General Discussion 39 07-06-2010 11:32 PM
email news updates seafarer Disaster Preparedness General Discussion 0 12-06-2009 08:25 AM
Entering my first deer bow season chinagreen Hunting and Trapping General Discussion 8 09-17-2009 10:24 AM
Swine Flu News Updates Newsfeed General Discussion 0 04-24-2009 09:00 PM
Entering the Rest of God kcfalcon Devotional and Prayer 8 08-06-2008 07:51 PM

Old 04-23-2017, 01:40 PM
Hear me roar...

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by drray777 View Post
No. The Bible does not say that.
Thanks Doc, I stand corrected

However, my sentiment, and my questions, remain. While looking up the phrase "God helps those who help themselves", and finding that it is attributed to English political theorist Algernon Sidney, I came across this website, where they also say:

Quote:
...Apart from salvation, there is perhaps a way that the concept "God helps those who help themselves" is correct. As an example, if you asked me to help you move a piece of furniture, but then just watched me as I moved the furniture for you, I was not actually helping you. I would be doing the work for you. Many Christians fall into the trap of inactivity. Many Christians ask God for help, but then expect God to do everything Himself. They excuse this by pointing to the fact that God will provide according to His will and in His timing. However, this is not a reason for inactivity. As a specific example, if you are in need of a job, ask the Lord to help you find a job - but then be active in actually looking for a job. While it is in His power to do so, it is highly unlikely that God will cause employers to come looking for you!
???
The Following User Says Thank You to Nunu For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 01:22 AM
Hunter

Thanked 1,396 Times in 782 Posts

Welcome Nunu. While I understand where you are coming from, your philosophy does not agree with what the Bible actually teaches. There are certain ways of doing things that apply to th realm of the Spirit which then can effect the natural realm. One must be well versed in these things or they will be subject to natural laws more than the higher spiritual laws. If one wants supernatural protection and for the vengence of God to be with them instead of against them, they have to obey what to Bible says. There are many proofs of these things and I believe the Boer are aware of them. They may not know them to the level that it works every time but what percentage of success would you deem valuable?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drray777 For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 05:36 AM
Hear me roar...

In other news...

Is anyone else watching the exchange rate and wondering what the hell is going on? I have been keeping an eye on it ever since Gordhan was recalled.

As was expected, the Rand started diving against the US$, from it's two year high of R12.31/US$, as soon as he was recalled from his roadshow, and then dropped even quicker a week later when he was officially fired and the rest of cabinet was reshuffled.

We were then downgraded to junk status shortly after and, not really surprisingly, has been rather volatile ever since - rapidly rising and falling, over very short periods, within the range of between R13.45/US$ and R13.96/US$

Over the past few days it has strengthened again to (this mornings) R12.90/US$. That is another pretty big swing.

Almost two weeks ago: Rand shocks markets, regains third of losses since Gordhan recall

And then today: UPDATE: Rand breaches R12.90/$ as markets cheer French vote

I do understand that our exchange rate is very much affected by the European and US markets... BUT, I still fully expected a steady weakening of the Rand from now on with, at best, short periods of stabilisation due to positive foreign market factors. I did not expect such a strong upswing, especially so soon after being downgraded.

Maybe our last best time to buy US$'s?

EDIT: That last was a question... not a suggestion or financial advice etc etc
The Following User Says Thank You to Nunu For This Useful Post:

Old Yesterday, 07:02 AM
it begins where it ends

I know what you mean. Its insane that our currency is strengthening at all. By all reasonable assumptions it should be falling like a rock. Perhaps it's like a terminally ill patient in hospital, they tend to show dramatic recovery....just before they die.
Old Yesterday, 01:58 PM
Misidiotate

My 2c - I think the markets and exchange rates are being artificially manipulated at the moment. It gives the foreign investors a way to get their investments out of the country without losing too much.

As soon as they have mostly managed this the Rand is going to drop like a ton of bricks.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PrepperSA For This Useful Post:
Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM
Prepared

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrepperSA View Post
My 2c - I think the markets and exchange rates are being artificially manipulated at the moment. It gives the foreign investors a way to get their investments out of the country without losing too much.

As soon as they have mostly managed this the Rand is going to drop like a ton of bricks.
I agree.
No wonder Zim just rejected to adopt it as currency.