Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > > >
Articles Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

Advertise Here
Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Weighted 5k Fitness Challenge Art An Neart Health, Fitness and First Aid 7 02-05-2017 12:42 PM
One Pound Shop Challenge Purdy Bear British Isles and ROI 3 11-16-2016 04:11 PM
Diamond Knot/Matthew Walker Knot Challenge asemery DIY - Do It Yourself 2 10-20-2016 10:36 PM
Double Overhand Knot Challenge asemery DIY - Do It Yourself 13 10-17-2016 05:37 PM

Old 04-22-2017, 02:16 PM
Prepared

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosmom2 View Post
Robin, one thing I've learned from myfitnesspal is that weight loss is not linear and the scale does not always tell the whole story. Weight goes down, it goes up, it goes down. Look at the long term trend. It isn't a race and diet should be a noun, not a verb. You should be changing your eating habits for the long term.
I changed the eating habits, my original diet was to cut out sodas and white bread and do more exercising. Then I changed the diet to eat every 2 to 3 hours and that where I got into a loop. I am also eating more veggies and less fast food. I see a change in every aspect but weight loss, so far I have only lost between 5 and 10 pounds back and forth.

I refuse to give up.

I really like the idea of warmer temps for weight loss, I work outdoors so that should boost my wight loss.

Big John has been a great help, and I am only a little less than 3 months in the 13 month challenge.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RobinD69 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-23-2017, 11:18 PM
Survivor

Thanked 10,968 Times in 4,239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I changed the eating habits, my original diet was to cut out sodas and white bread and do more exercising. Then I changed the diet to eat every 2 to 3 hours and that where I got into a loop. I am also eating more veggies and less fast food. I see a change in every aspect but weight loss, so far I have only lost between 5 and 10 pounds back and forth.
I refuse to give up.
I really like the idea of warmer temps for weight loss, I work outdoors so that should boost my wight loss.
Big John has been a great help, and I am only a little less than 3 months in the 13 month challenge.
A lot of us simply cannot self-regulate our calories by changing what kinds of food we eat. The body recognizes the loss of calories, and it likes things to stay the same (even when they're not good in the long term), so we'll end up just eating more of the "right" foods to wind up with the same calorie level. Yes, calorie counting is a PITA, but for some of us it's our only effective way to maintain a calorie deficit. And even it has shortcomings, in that it's too easy to get lazy and not bother. Also, when calorie counting, you still have to find what kind of foods and what pattern of meals keeps you personally satisfied. Very few people have enough will power to stick to a calorie limit if they're hitting 2000+ calories and still feeling hungry enough to eat a large pizza by themselves.
Old Yesterday, 06:03 AM
That'll be the day...

Thanked 1,059 Times in 336 Posts

Apr. 24: 246.0lbs - 2.0 lb loss in 11th week 33.8lb Total Loss

This was one of the lowest weight loss weeks yet, but I was also the most sedentary throughout the week and for some reason, my appetite was a little greater and I ate a little more.

I also wonder, as I drop more and more weight, if the last 10 lbs might take 3x longer to loose than the first 10 lbs.

16.2 lbs to go.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Darwath View Post
......Very few people have enough will power to stick to a calorie limit if they're hitting 2000+ calories and still feeling hungry enough to eat a large pizza by themselves.

Staying in a calorie deficit is incredibly difficult for me. For nearly three months now, I have been hungry most of the time and at times I lack energy. I'm not kidding when I say..... I will eat a good sized portion of lean protein, a little low glycemic carb and a big salad and 60 minutes later I am famished.

I am so determined to accomplish my goal....I just refuse to fail so publicly. That's one of the biggest reasons I chose to start this thread. ......accountability.

This was a tough week, psychologically, especially this weekend. The thoughts to eat too much of all the wrong stuff was a constant bombardment. Yes, I cheated a little here and there, but I didn't completely fall off the wagon.

Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM
Survivor

Thanked 6,535 Times in 2,469 Posts

I scaled in at 231.2 this morning and I didn't eat that well over the weekend. I had 2 hot dogs, fries and a Pepsi on Saturday, 3 beers yesterday and too much shrimp and pasta last night. But I notice my size 40 pants may have to go, I do have a bunch of 38 waist pants around.

I finish up my 12 week cardiac rehab today. I see my heart doctor later today and have pain management tomorrow. I'll be back into my MWF gym routine again. Been a long time without that going on.
Old Yesterday, 08:48 AM
That'll be the day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamfarticus View Post
..... I had 2 hot dogs, fries and a Pepsi on Saturday, 3 beers yesterday and too much shrimp and pasta last night. .....

Should I feel compelled to type that I am shocked at your intake, shortly after a heart attack?

I really don't mean this in an ugly way....more of a caring way....

2 Hotdogs
Fries
Beers
Was it white sauce, shrimp and pasta (commonly called heart attack on a plate)

??????

Dude....are you lining up for your next surgery?

Old Yesterday, 08:53 AM
Trying to Catch-up

Thanked 32,131 Times in 13,939 Posts

BigJohn....have you tried drinking a large glass of lemon ice water when you get so hungry? That helps me most of the time....the cravings go away
Old Yesterday, 08:59 AM
That'll be the day...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokosmom2 View Post
BigJohn....have you tried drinking a large glass of lemon ice water when you get so hungry? That helps me most of the time....the cravings go away

It's interesting that you bring that up......

Yesterday, my water intake was nearly zero through most of the day. (Of course, I didn't realize it....until I looked back on it.) And the cravings were constant, all day long. About 6pm, shortly after dinner.....I got a mild headache and just didn't feel that good. I shared with the wife and she said, "I haven't seen you drink water today." I instantly realized that I was thirsty. I got up and drank about 64oz of water, guzzling it. 30 minutes later, the headache was gone and so were my cravings and hunger.

I have a hypothesis that the feelings of hunger, low energy, etc of this diet are masking other signals my body is sending me.....like..... "Hey idiot, I'm really thirsty."

The wife drinks a lot of lemon water..... I better schedule in a big glass about 10am and 3pm every day.

Thanks for the tip.
The Following User Says Thank You to Big_John For This Useful Post: