Survivalist Forum banner

Outdoor Tattoo Ideas

14K views 49 replies 45 participants last post by  lefrost 
#1 ·
Hey guys

I'm thinking about getting a tattoo that shows my love for being outdoors. I've seen some hunting and fishing ones but I'd love it to be more general than that. Do you guys have any suggestions or tattoos of your own that embody this? Images would be awesome, but even a description would help get some ideas flowing.

Thanks for the help!

#37 ·
I saw Queequeg once. For real. It was this big 6'2" guy, shaved bald, with south-seas-style tattoos head to toe, complete with a big gold hoop in his ear. Now that's a hardcore look, period.

If I saw someone like that post-SHTF, I think I would want to go the other way. Especially if he was carrying a harpoon. :D:

#39 ·
Perhaps an old forest?

Most beautiful sound (next to a woman calling out your name followed by "the best" " amazing" " and ill put some ice on it") is the sound of of the wind moving through an old forest. A tattoo of a forest perhaps a half sleeve.

You could add bear grylls being eaten by a bear in the background. just a thought.

#41 ·
I got a couple of tattoos this summer and both were meant to reflect my love of the outdoors. On my left forearm I got an owl perched on a limb with a full moon in the background.
On the inside of my right forearm I got Snoopy tattooed with his hiking gear on. Backpack and scout/ranger hat.
They both have meaning to me and I am really happy with them. I do plan on getting more, but am not 100% sure what they will be. I am stating with the outdoor theme tho. Tattoos are addictive and I really appreciate them for what they are.
Jim

#44 ·
back in the day.. my college girlfriend had a room mate who had a battleship tatooed on her chest, with her boobs as the gun barrels...i have never seen anything like that to this day.. you might ask how iowas able to see my GF's friends boobs.. all i can say is it was during the early seventies....what a time..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.