Survivalist Forum banner

Need ideas for an outdoor party/BBQ/Bonfire target shoot, etc

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  HarleyNomad 
#1 ·
I have a little ove a month to plan. BUDGET and supplies are limited! I figure I will have a trap shoot (12 and 20 guage), 22LR 50, 100, 150, 200yd, 9mm pistol, Mosin Nagant 300-400rd shoot.

I currently have only a 22LR semi, 22Lr bolt, 9mm pistol, 12 guage, 20 guage. I plan on buying the Mosin and a case of ammo (choice of this is low cost vs fun to shoot).

I would like to have some entry fees and prizes for each competition. IDK how many people are going to show up.

I suspect that Alcohol will be served later in the day, hopefully after the shooting.

I need to know of some activities for guests. I figure that I could set up a couple horse shoe pits and maybe volleyball (although not a sand court - thoughts?) What other games.

I would like to build a couple or few of JoergS's mini bow (they shoot arrows but use rubberbands) does anyone know of a link to this and the name?

I'm looking for any and all ideas. I want this to run from 11am till 2-3am (till alcohol is gone!

I'm hard up for a good music playlist that everyone will like. I don't much care for modern pop and I live more in the country so IDK what to do here. I thought I would ask all people coming to request 5-10 of their favorite songs and then put them on the list.

I also plan on having camping. The only problem here is toilet facilities. How is this done without getting a port-a-poty? I thought of a tent with a 5-6gal bucket with a hole cut out and a bag inside. Every person, or everother perosn (depending on volume) can change bag or bring the bucket out to swap with a fresh bucket. Fresh wood chips can be put in between layers.

I'm looking for any and all ideas on how to make this a good time.

I want to have one main large bon-fire which should burn for 3-5 hours. It will be ~10' x 8' x 8' of scrap kiln dried lumber light from the top middle. It slowly burns down and out and is a real sight to see! By the time the flames hit the outside bottom the entire stack is engulfed and flames are about 35' high and people stand no closer than 45-50'. This was so fun the last time I did it.

SO, what can anyone suggest to add to the festivities? I think fireworks might be fun.

See less See more
#4 ·
I just had a party like that.

We have a shooting range and used silhouette targets.

I put on the invitation that if anyone plays guitars to please bring them.

My brother in law and niece are wonderful musicians and as long as you have guitars around a bon fire, nothing else is needed.

People brought their own guns and cartridges (my husband gets on to me for calling them bullets LOL) We also let them shoot ours.

We all had a blast. My niece camped in a tent and others used our spare rooms but all were welcome to camp.

You can also tell everyone that it is pot luck, to bring a dish. I told everyone to bring what they were drinking.

We had a blast and it didn't take much on my part. I did provide loads of food but I had bought a little at a time for months, but I didn't have to.

As far as music ask people to bring their cd, and people can change the cds when wanted so music is never a problem. Different people like different music so if people are allowed to take turns putting in cds then everyone is happy.

Don't stress over the party. Have fun and they will have fun.

#5 ·
I suggest if your making it an all day event do the shooting early then lock up all the guns

alcohol and guns and large groups it a very bad idea to mix

and i recomend getting a portajohn the ****ting in a bucket in a tent wont work too well esp if folks are drunk your **** buckets going to get spilled or used in a rather nasty practical joke

and instead of a fee to shoot charge everyone man $10 - $1forevery woman 18yrs old+ they bring

Reactions: tankman1989
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.