Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Firearms General Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Firearms General Discussion Rifles, pistols, shotguns, scopes, grips and everything in between.

Advertise Here

Old 02-07-2008, 01:01 PM
Hunter

Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegasrandall View Post
I've owned the ar-7 and the m-6 scout,scout is far better. 22 over a 410 barrel with ammo storage for both in the stock.I believe but never tried that you can shoot .45 long colts through the 410 barrel
VERY BAD IDEA DO NOT DO EVER.
Unless the barrel is specifically marked for using 45 Long Colt rounds you could experience catastrophic excessive chamber pressures and serious injuries.
I have a M-6 Scout and do have some handloaded down loaded 45 Long Colt Brass with powder loadings below the manufacturers recomended maximiun chamber pressures. A limited limited number of the Springfields M-6 were made to take 45 Long Colt as well but I believe they were the pistol grip version and pistol versions. Leinad also make some single and double shot shotguns that would take the 45 long colt but not all.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:21 AM
Free Trapper

Default Henry Survival Rifle Feed/Extraction Fix

I've had several come through the shop with FTF and FTE issues. A quick, simple, and almost certain fix is to use a polishing bullet point on a rotory tool and chamfer the lower 1/2 of the barrel liner lip where it comes out into the reciever. This essentially provides a slick feed ramp instead of the steep angle that the soft-nosed .22's must overcome. Works everytime for me! I'll try to post a few pics this afternoon. God Bless! Jerry
Old 02-10-2008, 12:17 PM
Hiker

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemountaingun View Post
I've had several come through the shop with FTF and FTE issues. A quick, simple, and almost certain fix is to use a polishing bullet point on a rotory tool and chamfer the lower 1/2 of the barrel liner lip where it comes out into the reciever. This essentially provides a slick feed ramp instead of the steep angle that the soft-nosed .22's must overcome. Works everytime for me! I'll try to post a few pics this afternoon. God Bless! Jerry
Ahh, that would be perfect! I got FTF problems with the one I have and I suspected that polishing the feed ramp would take care of it but I wasnt 100%. Im probably going to take it to a smith to get done but pictures would still be appreciated!

Thanks!
Voland
Old 02-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Free Trapper

Default Pics of polished/chamfered feed ramp

Here are a few pics of the finished product. The punch is there pointing at the bottom of the newly polished/chamfered feed ramp. Picture quality is poor, but hope it helps! God Bless! Jerry
Attached Thumbnails
DSCN3271.jpg   DSCN3267.jpg  
Old 02-13-2008, 09:42 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 6,665 Times in 3,303 Posts
Awards Showcase
Outstanding Thread 
Total Awards: 1

thats an easy fix, thanks bud..............
Old 03-23-2008, 01:19 PM

When dirty this gun will have some FTE's Clean the bolt face well and that usually goes away. The gun always jammed when trying to feed. As explained above, putting a chamfer on the bottom half of the barrel has stopped just about all of my FTF's.
Old 05-16-2008, 10:21 PM
Prepared

I use to have one and it would shoot diffrent every time I put it together. It jammed alot also.
Old 05-19-2008, 01:36 AM

I have shot several and found them to be horribly inaccuate. Get a synthetic stocked cricket. Much more accurate and almost as lite. They are small enough to be lashed to the outside of a pack wrapped in something and not be noticed. Also dead bang reliable.
Old 05-23-2008, 12:48 PM

I have a charter arms ar7, and I can't say that I would buy another one.

I've found it to be a nice, handly little rifle. On the bad side, it jams quite consistantly. The accuracy is marginal, and it's picky about what ammo it likes. I don't know if this is a common problem, or just mine, but if you can manage to get the barrel and action into the rear of the stock, you cannot remove it with just your bare hands as it fits in there so tightly.

I mean, it works and all, but there are just so many better options out there... That is unless you really need a rifle that floats in water. I'm just surprised that no one has made a floading duck gun yet.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:45 AM

BlueMountainGun:
Thanks for the photos on the chamfer polish. I've seen many posts describing the fix, but it is very difficult to visualize without photos.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:43 AM

I have a Henry AR-7. My FTF problem seems to stem from the magazine; the bolt frequently just passes over top of the waiting cartridge.

Anybody got a fix for that? I was thinking of bending the magazine lips open a millimeter or so...