Survivalist Forum banner

Article about Corruption within Florida law enforcement

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  George Newbill 
#1 ·
So I'm reading an article in the D.C. Post about a unnamed Florida sheriff deputy from Palm Beach County who admits that "planting evidence and lying in your reports are just part of the game". This officer states that this behavior is encouraged by his superiors and he cites examples of this support and the techniques for making planted evidence stick in court. He names names.

Here's the article: http://dcpost.org/florida-law-officer-planting-evidence-lying-part-of-the-game-exclusive-interview/

What can you do to protect yourself in an encounter with one of these sheriff deputies? :confused:

#8 ·
Apparently there's a war between the good cops and the bad cops in Palm Beach County.
I live in Palm Beach County, and I am friends with one of those good cops. He is higher up in the department and the mere mention of his name generates silence from other officers. They go from being quite belligerent to absolutely silent.

My co-worker, a young Hispanic, was pulled over coming home from night school. It did not go well for him, 2AM in an old Honda Civic, in the hood (near the school) . Until he mentioned my friends name. All of a sudden, the bad cop was quite apologetic, to the point of being utterly friendly.

Unfortunately, my co-worker was beat up, handcuffed, spit upon and accused of selling drugs, prior to remembering my friends name. It then changed to the cop wiping off his face, cleaning up the small wounds, un-handcuffing and being overtly apologetic, making up excuses.

"George" reported the cop to my friend, and action was taken. Good enough. One fewer bad cop.

#7 ·
From the article:

I wouldn’t say target based on race but is is, you know, um, it is much easier to do this on a black person because they have no credibility anyways. The charges stick better to blacks than to a rich white guy that can afford a lawyer. That is one school of thought. Then you still have the deputies who like doing it to the rich white guys because they say it removes the smug look from their faces. They get their kicks from the power like its a game. Most cops though, they, um… do it to get bad guys off the streets. The last group of deputies do it for personal gain.
Apparently being poor and white is a good defense.

#11 ·
Actually, it should be a matter for the FBI, the states attorney's office has the power to get them involved. This happened to another Sheriff's Dept on the west coast of the FL several years. when it was found out they were mistreating arrestees. The FBI leaves no stone unturned, they open every file, view every video and interview everyone, by the time they were done investigating that dept several people were terminated, others were written up and new rules and procedures were put into place, then of course came the lawsuits afterwards.

#13 ·
Bad cops only last so long and then they fall by the wayside. A bad cop will never make it to retirement. Bad cops either quit, get fired or go to prison. Only about 1 cop out of 7 will make it all the way through to retirement. It might even be 1 out of 10.

Always keep in mind that the wheels of justice won't give you whiplash but they will grind exceedingly fine. That includes dirty or bad cops. With guys who are on the take, it is only a matter of time before they get nailed and sent away to prison. Same thing for cops who lie on the stand too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.