Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Political News and Discussion
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 04-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Hiker

Thanked 1,008 Times in 350 Posts
Default Colorado Shooting Competition Cancelled

Advertise Here

GRAND JUNCTION, CO - Organizers of the Rocky Mountain Western States Regional IDPA Championship, initially scheduled to take place July 4-6 in Montrose, Colorado, have announced that the match is being canceled in the wake of Colorado's recently passed gun control laws.

An estimated 300-plus shooters from the neighboring states and across the country were expected to attend the three-day competitive shooting event. This is the second shooting competition to abandon the state after a recent announcement by firearms maker Ruger that it was moving the 2013 Ruger Rimfire Challenge World Championship out of Colorado.

MORE--

http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/...969b2qbkg2860e
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to WhyNot For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2013, 06:42 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 8,543 Times in 2,097 Posts

Good again. Looks like gun folks are sticking together. Maybe it'll have an impact on the state and they'll rethink those stupid laws.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to InfScout For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Never Give up

Thanked 12,426 Times in 4,029 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfScout View Post
Good again. Looks like gun folks are sticking together. Maybe it'll have an impact on the state and they'll rethink those stupid laws.
I hope that all gun owners who also go fishing there change there plans and make it know why they are no longer going to make sure they get there point accross to the people who voted in those Morons.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rascals For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2013, 08:32 PM
Got to keep on keepin on

Thanked 2,866 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascals View Post
I hope that all gun owners who also go fishing there change there plans and make it know why they are no longer going to make sure they get there point accross to the people who voted in those Morons.
I hereby offer Idaho as an alternative for 2nd Am supporters to come hunt elk, deer, birds/waterfowl, fish etc as an alternative to the PRC 2.0

I need to write my state senator about this !!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NorIDhunter For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2013, 08:49 PM
Survivor

Thanked 4,767 Times in 2,234 Posts

Now if we can get people not to watch their sports teams especially their football team.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PalmettoTree For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,532 Times in 1,000 Posts

Be sure to post your feedback on their site. I've asked them if they plan to move and to let us know.

http://www.idpa.com/blog/post/2013/0...trol-Laws.aspx
The Following User Says Thank You to SunwolfNC For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2013, 10:27 PM
Bad Moon Rising

Thanked 10,630 Times in 3,274 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfScout View Post
Dude, I think you're missing a major point.

The people who voted in the gun and magazine ban legislation are PLEASED that all the hunters are boycotting the state, that manufacturers are leaving, that gun events are being cancelled. These things make them happy. These things are chalked up as huge WINS for them. Their entire paradigm is that guns are bad, fewer guns are better, no guns at all are best.

They don't give a rat's azz about "lost revenue" from hunting, shooting competitions, gun shows, etc., because all of these things are the domain of gun rights supporters - whom these folks hate and want to get rid of more or less permanently.

Picture a bunch of liberals right out of Berkley, CA, and this is what the folks in Calif-- uh, Colorado have elected to be their representatives. Every single gun event that is cancelled or relocated is a huge victory in these folks' eyes.

Things are not going to get any better for our brethren in Colorado until the native Coloradans elect representatives who are not raving liberals, and ****can the out-of-staters who are in office now, and then set about overturning this legislation. And if that never happens, then things aren't ever going to get any better in Colorado...and thats really a shame. Colorado used to be a pretty nice state until it got Californicated.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Grotius For This Useful Post:
Old 04-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Stinks like...BO

Thanked 1,775 Times in 565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
Now if we can get people not to watch their sports teams especially their football team.
Fair weather fans at its worst..."we want a new QB" Cry cry cry "we want a new coach" cry cry cry...Than you have that guy dave logan who calls their games on the radio...ugly bastard looks like he stared in Mask! Their games even have a heated tent outside to eat it!!! this is football not soccer!!

Me Im orig from western PA I have supported my Steelers even when we had pansy ass Kordell Stewart or even worse Bubby Brister!!!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:43 PM
VIP Member

Thanked 4,521 Times in 1,594 Posts

Good. Keeping the pro 2nd Amendment money out of Commierado want bankrupt the state but it will put a hurting on them for sure. Especially the fish and wildlife because of all the canceled hunts and etc. I hate to see anyone loose their job but maybe if that starts happening they won't vote any more political elite scum sucking liberals into office.

Very good!
The Following User Says Thank You to mattmuttsmith For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2013, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmuttsmith View Post
Good. Keeping the pro 2nd Amendment money out of Commierado want bankrupt the state but it will put a hurting on them for sure. Especially the fish and wildlife because of all the canceled hunts and etc. I hate to see anyone loose their job but maybe if that starts happening they won't vote any more political elite scum sucking liberals into office.

Very good!
Please note that the folks who will lose jobs such as those that work as guides, outfitters, and hunting/fishing industry people DID NOT vote in the "elite scum sucking liberals".
The elite scum sucking Liberal transplants from other states that have moved to Denver and Boulder did. They did this with a gerrymander process that has basically locked out the vote of Conservatives that populate the rest of the state.
The governor has shown himself to be a party liner and has little regard for the state beyond hoping to use his signature as a boost to national politics.

Don't slam Coloradans; slam the slime that visited from out of state and stayed.
BTW, I am in favor of the boycotts though. Pain will be needed to be felt to get these people out of office through recall or the voting booth, if the gerrymander can be beaten...

Regards,

ezra
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ezra45 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Got to keep on keepin on

Thanked 2,866 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezra45 View Post
Please note that the folks who will lose jobs such as those that work as guides, outfitters, and hunting/fishing industry people DID NOT vote in the "elite scum sucking liberals"....

Don't slam Coloradans; slam the slime that visited from out of state and stayed.
BTW, I am in favor of the boycotts though. Pain will be needed to be felt to get these people out of office through recall or the voting booth, if the gerrymander can be beaten...
Unfortunately the "slime" will only feel the pain as they start to go through their spending addiction withdrawal pains due to lack of funds and additional expenditures for unemployment etc. I've got some good friends in the Eagle/Gypsum area that are guides and I wouldn't want them to lose their business, home et al but they don't want to be supporting tyranny either.

Maybe some of the money that sportsmen/women that would have other spent in CO will go to "slime remediation efforts" as campaign funds for opposing candidates in the next go round. But as long as folks keep letting the state do business as usual, they will.Outdoor recreation is estimated at $13 B, losses of that scope will not be easy to shrug off.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NorIDhunter For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2013, 09:07 AM

Amen, NorID!

ezra
Old 04-02-2013, 09:12 AM
Trying to Catch-up

Thanked 8,698 Times in 3,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grotius View Post
Dude, I think you're missing a major point.

The people who voted in the gun and magazine ban legislation are PLEASED that all the hunters are boycotting the state, that manufacturers are leaving, that gun events are being cancelled. These things make them happy. These things are chalked up as huge WINS for them. Their entire paradigm is that guns are bad, fewer guns are better, no guns at all are best.

They don't give a rat's azz about "lost revenue" from hunting, shooting competitions, gun shows, etc., because all of these things are the domain of gun rights supporters - whom these folks hate and want to get rid of more or less permanently.

Picture a bunch of liberals right out of Berkley, CA, and this is what the folks in Calif-- uh, Colorado have elected to be their representatives. Every single gun event that is cancelled or relocated is a huge victory in these folks' eyes.

Things are not going to get any better for our brethren in Colorado until the native Coloradans elect representatives who are not raving liberals, and ****can the out-of-staters who are in office now, and then set about overturning this legislation. And if that never happens, then things aren't ever going to get any better in Colorado...and thats really a shame. Colorado used to be a pretty nice state until it got Californicated.
Initially I think you are right....but once they start to feel the missing $$$ and the job losses, maybe they can go back to being real COLORADO!

EVERYTHING ABOUT STORING FOOD IN MYLAR
FIVE DOLLAR PREPS
Old 04-02-2013, 10:41 AM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanked 2,967 Times in 1,196 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grotius View Post
Californicated.
(adds to lexicon)
Old 04-02-2013, 04:05 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,581 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
but once they start to feel the missing $$$ and the job losses, maybe they can go back to being real COLORADO!
Sad to say, but Commierado is going to have to get the DemoMarxist out of the State Legislature and Governorship before it can get back to any like what it used to be.

Xin Loi for the Gun Owners of Commierado, best of luck and good wishes for you.

Jungle Work
The Following User Says Thank You to Jungle Work For This Useful Post: