Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Manmade and Natural Disasters
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here

Old 03-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Learning

Thanked 3,558 Times in 1,826 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashback View Post
And the hit the US with a nuclear strike.
What would be the target?
What would be the effects for the rest of the country?
In my opinion, a west coast city...extreme north or south to avoid fallout on the grain belt (that China mostly owns) or a port city like Houston or an east coast city.

The rest of the country would panic...food would disappear from shelves faster than ammo did. Martial law would most likely be declared in an effort to get all the bad guys and keep people from killing each other over food.

This would be a reason to prep.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Preacherboy For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,081 Times in 937 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by remus View Post
Didn't someone propose the idea of them stashing a nuke on a commercial airplane for an effective EMP strike?
No airliner can fly high enough for a serious EMP strike. If they want to EMP us, they will need to get a warhead small enough to stick on a rocket similar to the one they used to put their "satellite" into orbit a few months ago. We likely have a while before they get that capability. At some point they will get it though, and then we'll need to pay closer attention to what is flying over our heads in orbit.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fenrell For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,696 Times in 1,070 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrell View Post
No airliner can fly high enough for a serious EMP strike. If they want to EMP us, they will need to get a warhead small enough to stick on a rocket similar to the one they used to put their "satellite" into orbit a few months ago. We likely have a while before they get that capability. At some point they will get it though, and then we'll need to pay closer attention to what is flying over our heads in orbit.
Their most likely delivery will be via shipping container...and fire the missile(s) somewhere close off shore...we wouldn't even have time to react*

*this was the scenario William Forstchen warned of in his novel "One Second After"
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delta27 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 03:33 PM

Hey Tuco, if you don't like america why don't you move to north korea.
They probably wouldn't mind you knocking us.

Go away.......

Caps intended
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cpl. Clambump For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 03:45 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta27 View Post
Their most likely delivery will be via shipping container...and fire the missile(s) somewhere close off shore...we wouldn't even have time to react*

*this was the scenario William Forstchen warned of in his novel "One Second After"
Better keep track of their ships too then.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taki View Post
Slaves,Native indians..killed by French,English ,Irish and Scots settlers...and their descendants.
History is just that and you aren't changing it.
N Korea and Iran want a good slap back to the stone age....brats.
As for China interfering ...they can hardly feed and water themselves...they don't want any hassle....and they are always frightened to death of Japan...with good reason.
China can hardly feed and water themselves??? You do realize that the largest foreign holder of US debt is china. The US owes them 1.2 trillion I dont' think they are frightend to death of anyone
The Following User Says Thank You to justincasesfo For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 04:23 PM
Target Shooter

Why do people want to destroy people who more than likely be thankful for us removing him from power?
The father was a tyrant the son is more so.
Btw this time china backed the sanctions. Iran, Cuba are their allies, Venezuela is too but their leader is now set to be chosen so that could change.

Last edited by Draqwraith; 03-07-2013 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: Forgot something
Old 03-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by justincasesfo View Post
China can hardly feed and water themselves??? You do realize that the largest foreign holder of US debt is china. The US owes them 1.2 trillion I dont' think they are frightend to death of anyone
The only thing that frightens China to death is social chaos. They lost tens of millions of people to Mao's social experiments.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fenrell For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Trapper

[QUOTE=delta27;5310612]Their most likely delivery will be via shipping container...and fire the missile(s) somewhere close off shore...we wouldn't even have time to react*

We wouldn't have time to react immediate to be threat. 1 bomb is too many, but I don't believe they have a multiple strike capability. I just don't get that sawed off little prick. They were saying something like as long as we had nuclear capabilities they reserved the right to launch a pre-empted nuclear strike against us? What kind of retarded sh!t is that? Did I miss something? And sanctions are a f#@king joke. Those really kept them from building it in the first place. How this little sawed off a$$clown has got this far without us just dusting his a$$ is just amazing to me. Ooooooh watch this. My next post will probably be from prison, Guantanamo, without trial. I want to build a nuclear weapon of mass distruction and attempt to hold a major world power who can wipe me off the planet hostage. Huh, wouldn't that make me a terrorist? I'd never see the light of day, and yet this little a$$hole is running around with a nuke and has been threatening this country with it for a while now. Politically correct or not, I seriously doubt anyone on this planet, Iran included, would give a rats a$$ if he got relocated 6 feet under.
The Following User Says Thank You to exetermedic101 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrch View Post
Either they do nothing or they launch their toy rockets.

Then we shoot them out of the sky and hammer them into the ground WWII carpet bombing style followed by an invasion of foot soldiers.

Hurray for being too old to get drafted until the 2nd or 3rd wave.
I wish it were that easy, most people underestimate those retards.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:32 PM

The US Gov't is more likely to Nuke an American city or set off an EMP wave from a nuke in high orbit and blame it on North Korea, than North Korea is to strike... All hell would break loose throughout the country, Martial Law could finally be declared and the Western Holocaust begins.
The Following User Says Thank You to BluteEhre For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 07:12 PM
It's Survival Of

Thanked 2,624 Times in 1,101 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuco T Provocateur View Post
13 million dead.

That's one hell if a "miscommunication", Fit.......
Yup... it was. But it was a miscommunication none the less. It wasn't an intentional genocide. We didn't come with the intentions to kill the current population so we could take over.

I'm not trying to claim our history is spotless, we have a long bloody history, and some of our people have been less than perfect.

However, The United States of America is the greatest nation in the history of man kind, and I stand by it 100%.

The current administration is the worst we've ever seen, and our people are blissfully ignorant, but we are still superior to the other nations of the world throughout.

Even with todays circumstances, no other nations compare. We are a free people and that sets us apart. Some other countries have limited freedom and government granted rights. We are FREE people, and have God given rights.

As others have mentioned Tuco, if you'd like to move out of the country you are FREE to do so. I'll even pitch in on your plane ticket. I bet we could get enough people together to ship you out first class...

Whata you say Tuco, wanna take a hike?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheFittest For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 07:32 PM
Prepared

Default North Korea ends non aggression pact

http://rt.com/news/north-korea-cuts-hotline-981/
Old 03-07-2013, 08:18 PM
Survivor

Thanked 10,987 Times in 4,324 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry41 View Post
They have yet been able to make a bomb small enough to fit on a rocket. It took alot of effort and money for the US and Russian military's to get to that point. They also have the issue of having a reliable delivery system. Their last long range shots didnt do very well.
HEAR HEAR! Getting nukes light enough, small enough, and sturdy enough to function as warheads in missiles was one of the MAJOR technological advances of the early Cold War. The North may know how to do it thanks to the help they've gotten from Pakistan, but actually constructing such a bomb is like going from building radios that work with tubes to building one made of printed circuits and computer chips: It's not easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry41 View Post
They would have better luck paying the mexican cartels to get it in the country.

What the US is more concerned with is their ability to deliver plenty of chemical weapons on Japan and South Korea with their much more reliable shorter range rockets. or the fact the Seoul is within artillery range of the north.

They can run their mouths all they want. The fact is it would be a short war. Oh for sure they would devastate the south and Japan. Even a limited attack on Japan would push its teetering economy over the edge. The norths army would run out of fuel for their tanks pretty quick, but with as many men as they have the small number of US forces would be pushed aside same with the souths army. Their military knows full well what our air power would do to them.

Then once it was over there would be millions of refugees to deal with. This is why China has been so soft on them. They dont want to deal with all the refugees that would come across the border if the regime collapsed.
HEAR HEAR, again! The North threatens the U.S. verbally; they MENACE Japan and S. Korea in reality. That's their big stick, and people should never forget it. This talk of shooting a missile from a freighter in the Pacific at the U.S. is comic book stuff; an artillery bombardment of Seoul or ballistic missile at Tokyo is what folks should really fear.

And spot on about the refugees. China has little reason to support North Korea, except that if it collapses all those millions of desperate, starving people will flood into China. It'd be like if everyone in the northern Mexican states ran for the border to get into the U.S.; those tens of millions would cause a humanitarian and economic disaster of unspeakable proportion...
The Following User Says Thank You to Moccasin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 08:19 PM
Target Shooter

They can barely get a rocket off the ground let alone an ICBM.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeltaS For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 08:23 PM
"Fly birdies! fly!"

Thanked 19,738 Times in 6,493 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaS View Post
Who said anything about an ICBM?

Obviously, if you can make a nuke work, (even a "small yield" one) but can't get the rocket to work - you just deliver another way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Grevlin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 08:27 PM
Survivor

Thanked 3,503 Times in 1,495 Posts

Why does nuke = missle? Can one not be delivered any other way? Of course, that is a rhetorical question -- of course a nuke can be delivered in a different way than a missle.

He is TOO confident. Has named his target. He knows something we don't. And, our presumption is that he is sane.

None of the above bodes well for America. I have no doubt that short-pants will light off the first nuke he can, in some way that we're not even thinking about right now, just to prove how sneakiy he is and how FREAKING STUPID we are.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:41 PM
Recent Blog:
Nature is My Medicine

Eventually North Korea will starve to death, and we won't have to deal with all of these psychotic empty threats.
Old 03-07-2013, 10:33 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,327 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaS View Post
???

their success is no worse than nasa's or private industry, with regards to developing new rocket technology.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:03 PM
VA / NC

Thanked 14,024 Times in 5,603 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastornator View Post
Why does nuke = missle? Can one not be delivered any other way? Of course, that is a rhetorical question -- of course a nuke can be delivered in a different way than a missle.

He is TOO confident. Has named his target. He knows something we don't. And, our presumption is that he is sane.

None of the above bodes well for America. I have no doubt that short-pants will light off the first nuke he can, in some way that we're not even thinking about right now, just to prove how sneakiy he is and how FREAKING STUPID we are.
Thank goodness out borders are secure. Can't imagine someone just being able to bring one across our southern border without being challenged.