Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Controversial News and Alternative Politics
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Controversial News and Alternative Politics The conspiracy theory section

Advertise Here

Old 03-06-2013, 11:04 PM
Recent Blog:
Survivor

Thanked 3,266 Times in 1,635 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankylus View Post
That is a very good question to which the taxpayers deserve an answer. I hope somebody in Congress asks about that in a hearing somewhere.
At least they didn't spend 100,000 for a toilet seat or 50,000 for a hammer this time
Old 03-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Recent Blog:
Survivor

Thanked 3,266 Times in 1,635 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jronwood View Post
In the very best of intentions, the senario makes sense ref: entitlement comment (but 2700?), on the DARKER side JEEESHEEE this could get really ugly fast? I wonder if the Folks at Northern Command will jump in them and roll? I wonder if they have another 2700 in the motor pool somewhere? Hummmmm,.. anyone got a list on NorCom's motorpool (besides the drones of course)

I think this stuff gets bizzarre when viewed in aggregate (all THEIR preps, GOV:Ready Dept. Homeland Security, any input Works4DHS?)

So assume at least half of the readership here is difficult to roll up on,......you lose a few say, 100. That leaves 2600 for the .........................................2000 miles of US/Mex border, throw one in at 600 top airports, that leaves one per mile of the border.....still overkill. So, how about one for every two miles frees up 1000 for entitlement chaos.....in urban areas....combined with exsisting SWAT up armored vehicals, still overkill

It is ALL about context isnt it?
You forgot about the Northern Border don't want the Canadians coming into this country either.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:11 PM
Average Joe

Thanked 1,891 Times in 991 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChimneyman View Post
You forgot about the Northern Border don't want the Canadians coming into this country either.
Haha, yeah, damn Canucks. They can keep their Kinder Eggs... oh wait, I love Kinder Eggs... Too bad we can't have them here in America- our children are too stupid to realize that the plastic toys inside aren't food.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:14 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 29,990 Times in 13,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDFbound View Post
Haha, yeah, damn Canucks. They can keep their Kinder Eggs... oh wait, I love Kinder Eggs... Too bad we can't have them here in America- our children are too stupid to realize that the plastic toys inside aren't food.
That's not why Kinder Eggs are illegal.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:17 PM
Average Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKraken View Post
That's not why Kinder Eggs are illegal.
Do explain. I need to know why my most beloved treat requires international travel to obtain.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:18 PM
Target Shooter

Thanked 1,129 Times in 303 Posts

I love Kinder Eggs.
They are Awesome.
The Following User Says Thank You to Slats For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 01:07 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Do explain. I need to know why my most beloved treat requires international travel to obtain.
Comes from out of the depression when confectioneries were adding sawdust and other inedible material to bulk up candy and cakes.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:36 PM
Average Joe

Quote:
Comes from out of the depression when confectioneries were adding sawdust and other inedible material to bulk up candy and cakes.
What exactly are you saying, young lady? Kinder eggs are inedible, or that the toys are no more fun than sawdust? I suppose old laws or codes like that should be amended to become more specific. I remember when the Wonder Ball was sold in most grocery stores around me, and it had toys in it at first. It had to be removed from the shelves because American kids were too stupid to understand that the plastic toys inside were not to be eaten. The Wonder Ball was returned to the shelves with edible candy inside instead of plastic toys. Same thing with the Kinder Eggs- our kids are obviously too stupid, as they have proven, to have them.

American Children: This is why we can't have nice things.

edit: besides, there are no inedible ingredients in the food portion of Kinder Eggs, so shouldn't they be allowed otherwise?
Old 03-07-2013, 03:01 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
What exactly are you saying, young lady? Kinder eggs are inedible, or that the toys are no more fun than sawdust? I suppose old laws or codes like that should be amended to become more specific. I remember when the Wonder Ball was sold in most grocery stores around me, and it had toys in it at first. It had to be removed from the shelves because American kids were too stupid to understand that the plastic toys inside were not to be eaten. The Wonder Ball was returned to the shelves with edible candy inside instead of plastic toys. Same thing with the Kinder Eggs- our kids are obviously too stupid, as they have proven, to have them.

American Children: This is why we can't have nice things.

edit: besides, there are no inedible ingredients in the food portion of Kinder Eggs, so shouldn't they be allowed otherwise?
They could be allowed if the company that makes Kinder Eggs fills out a simple form.

They refuse to.

So, no Kinder Eggs. Same with Wonder Balls.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:24 PM
Average Joe

Quote:
They could be allowed if the company that makes Kinder Eggs fills out a simple form.

They refuse to.

So, no Kinder Eggs. Same with Wonder Balls.
What form is this?! I am about to have a week-long break that I could fill with nothing but calling and writing the company begging them to fill out the form. I must know!
Old 03-07-2013, 03:27 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
What form is this?! I am about to have a week-long break that I could fill with nothing but calling and writing the company begging them to fill out the form. I must know!
They know about it, they won't do it.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Average Joe

Quote:
They know about it, they won't do it.
Well what's so bad about this form that makes them refuse? Surely they have a reason for not selling their products to an entire country?
Old 03-07-2013, 03:36 PM
Target Shooter

Thanked 1,129 Times in 303 Posts

Here is the reason per Yahoo.
http://voices.yahoo.com/why-kinder-e...an-545918.html
There are two reasons why these delicious treats are illegal in the U.S. One reason is the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) claims that the toys are a choking hazard for small children. All of the toys are relatively small, and some contain even tinier pieces that need to be put together. Kinder Eggs have a warning on the package, in several languages, that they are only suitable for ages three and up, which should be enough to un-ban them.

Aside from children potentially choking on the toys, the real reason Kinder Eggs are banned is the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act of 1938. This Act prohibits the embedding of non-food items completely enclosed inside food items, unless the non-edible part has a functioning value. For example a lollipop or popsicle stick is not edible but is a useful handle. This Act was originally put into place to prevent the addition of hazardous items to processed food and has never been changed.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slats For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 03:40 PM
Average Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats View Post
Here is the reason per Yahoo.
http://voices.yahoo.com/why-kinder-e...an-545918.html
There are two reasons why these delicious treats are illegal in the U.S. One reason is the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) claims that the toys are a choking hazard for small children. All of the toys are relatively small, and some contain even tinier pieces that need to be put together. Kinder Eggs have a warning on the package, in several languages, that they are only suitable for ages three and up, which should be enough to un-ban them.

Aside from children potentially choking on the toys, the real reason Kinder Eggs are banned is the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act of 1938. This Act prohibits the embedding of non-food items completely enclosed inside food items, unless the non-edible part has a functioning value. For example a lollipop or popsicle stick is not edible but is a useful handle. This Act was originally put into place to prevent the addition of hazardous items to processed food and has never been changed.
Seems they could easily fix this problem by leaving a tiny hole in one or both ends of the chocolate egg, this making it no longer completely enclosed.

The first reason you gave basically is the same as what I said- American kids are too stupid to not eat the plastic toy. The second reason is just a technicality that can be worked around, as I suggested above.
The Following User Says Thank You to TDFbound For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 03:42 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Seems they could easily fix this problem by leaving a tiny hole in one or both ends of the chocolate egg, this making it no longer completely enclosed.

The first reason you gave basically is the same as what I said- American kids are too stupid to not eat the plastic toy. The second reason is just a technicality that can be worked around, as I suggested above.
And the companies do not want to do that.
Old 03-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Average Joe

Quote:
And the companies do not want to do that.
I wish I had something to say to that, but I'm... I'm just too disappointed in the Kinder Egg people to really say much. I mean really, how hard could it be?
Old 03-07-2013, 04:21 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
I wish I had something to say to that, but I'm... I'm just too disappointed in the Kinder Egg people to really say much. I mean really, how hard could it be?
It's just another way for somebody in Europe to say, "Look at those silly Americans."
Old 03-07-2013, 05:20 PM
Average Joe

Quote:
It's just another way for somebody in Europe to say, "Look at those silly Americans."
Well they certainly don't have any shortage of reasons to say that.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TDFbound For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2013, 03:05 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,054 Times in 860 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChimneyman View Post
At least they didn't spend 100,000 for a toilet seat or 50,000 for a hammer this time
Actually, I would rather they did that than armor up for a confrontation with whom? about what? Their duties only require them to interact with US citizens. Do they thing they are going to adopt policies so that they will provoke the citizenry sufficiently that they need all those MRAPs? Or do they think they're going to see an influx of Islamist terrorists in sufficient numbers they need them? If they really need them, there's a problem. If they only think they need them, there's a problem. If they don't think they need they need them, there's a problem. And, if they don't really need them, there's still a problem.

And it's a huge problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ankylus For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2013, 05:18 PM
Resident Gold miner

Methinks the Homeland Security boyz are the new Brown Shirts...remember Obamas speech about a new domestic security force "as strong as, and as well funded as our military'? The new American Police State. Do it for the children.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wallrat For This Useful Post: