Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Books, Movies & Stories
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 02-27-2013, 09:45 PM
When I Have Your Wounded

Thanked 1,584 Times in 827 Posts

Advertise Here

Nice, this could go a lot of ways. Get er done.
Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topdoc For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2013, 09:42 AM
Survivor

Thanked 3,865 Times in 2,731 Posts

good chapter, AS ALWAYS
The Following User Says Thank You to 223shootersc For This Useful Post:
Old 02-28-2013, 02:07 PM
I'm a ding bat

I always felt sorry for the window lickers & paste eaters. They started from the beginning and had to wait for each post. There was such suffering for them. By the time I found out about AA, he had finished Going Home and I got to sail through it with a cramped neck. A few weeks ago I found out about Going Home II and caught up just as he finished it. Now I am one of you....an official window licker...& proud to be one!!! I love his way of writing and hope to help everyone push him for moar. I like his idea of writing a little at a time to help get us through.
This one is really good too & I will look forward to reading new posts as they come out. I will be suffering right along with everyone else now....sniffel, sniffel, sniffel....
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gena.KY For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 05:19 PM
Prepared

AA, just because this fell back to page 2 does not mean you get to stop posting chapters. Its on the 1st page now, how bout a new chapter?
Old 03-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Do you smell that?

Thanked 48,332 Times in 3,179 Posts

Sorry guys, I have been wicked sick for the last four days. Im just now starting to feel better. I havent even left the house, no work no nothing. I'll get a new piece up this wekend probably.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to angeryamerican For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 07:17 PM
When I Have Your Wounded

Hope you start feeling better soon. Lots of fluids, type is up to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to topdoc For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 09:27 PM
in the woods

Being sick is rotten to go though. Hate it when that happens, just zaps the strength right out of us. Glad you are on the mend AA, take it easy.

My advice is, stay home and write.
The Following User Says Thank You to dude For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 11:30 PM
Bona Fide Meat Sack

You're no good to us sick so take care of yourself, brother. Don't worry about us paste-eating window lickers. We'll find a way to get by even if it means bowing before macaroni look-alikes of you.

What?

Did I say that out loud?

I'm gonna go.

If you need me, I'll be outside examining the dog's droppings... I mean...

Sleeping.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Doczee For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2013, 04:18 PM
Eating at Life's Trough

We are sending you a visiting nurse. When shes not caring for you, have her chop wood.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DARlink For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2013, 10:26 PM
Do you smell that?

Teague closed the phone and let it drop into his lap as his head fell back onto the couch. He let out a long breath that was half groan half regret. Coming back to the moment he pulled the cover off the back of the phone and removed the SIM card. Sitting up he tossed it into the fireplace and watched as it disappeared in the flame. Crossing the room to where his pack sat beside the door he reached into it and took another card out and inserted into the phone.

He’d only been here for two days and it was time to move again. The ambush happened three weeks ago, he thinks it’s been three weeks and he since then he hasn’t spent more than four days in one spot. Everyone involved in the ambush had been on the move just as he had. The ambush had been a spur of the moment mission, while they had been looking for a chance to make a stand the roadblock just fell in their lap. As soon as contact was broke at the scene they immediately separated into smaller cells. These smaller cells continued to breakup until every militiaman was on his own.

Each person was left to their own devices with one simple goal, don’t get your ass caught. In this manner no one knew what the others plan was, unless of course you ran you mouth. The three militia members caught so far were members of the same cell that. They made a group plan and discussed it in detail with one another. When the first of them was apprehended the other two fell like dominos. In their plan they all agreed not to be taken alive, “from my cold dead hands!” was the unanimous cadence shouted by the three. In the end only one of them even fired a shot, for which he immediately shot multiple times in return.

Teague’s plan was a little more sophisticated, he actually had a network of people in place to help him. Not that they knew why they were doing the things he asked, but he’d known them all for so long that when he called they answered. The network he was relying on was so far removed from him that if the Fed’s did ever manage to put it together he would already be long gone. So far everything had worked out, he was already in Arkansas and this next ride would get him into Alabama. Once in Alabama it wouldn’t take too long to make his way to Atlanta, he just hoped his cousin would let him crash at his place.

Daniel looked at the phone and grunted, Bob looked over and he showed him the message. Bob snorted and took the phone. Daniel watched as he typed a reply, Been sent home, all nonessential personnel have been furloughed today, he sent the message and handed the phone back. Daniel took it and snapped it back into the cradle, giving Bob a smile as he did, “What now?”

“Let’s go get a coffee.”

Daniel nodded and the two of them headed for the door. On the way out Bob said, “Andy call me if anything happens.”

“Sure things boss.”

They took the elevator down to the level with the pedestrian bridge. The little coffee shop was located inside the building where the bridge connected and they ordered a coffee before the two ladies working there shut down. They took up a seat at one of the high tables where they could watch as all the employees left.

“How bad do you think it’s going to get out there?” Daniel asked.
Bob took a sip of the coffee before replying, “Dunno, it may blow over or they may try and burn the damn city down. Either way I didn’t want the building full if try.”

Daniel nodded and looked out across the small mezzanine area where the shop was located. It opened up onto into the large foyer of the main lobby, the open space there continued up for one more floor. From where Daniel sat he could see the windows on the front of the building, though at the moment all he could see was the back of the large security shutters covering them. The sound of Bob’s Zippo popping open caught his attention and he look back just in time to see him light a smoke.

“Are you freakin nuts?”

Bob blew out the smoke, “What, who’s going to complain?”

“Still, you’re not supposed to smoke in the building.”

Bob flicked some ash into an empty creamer cup, “Aw come on, you’re also supposed to pay your taxes on time, wait thirty minutes after eating before you swim or eat red meat, come on man you can’t be that big a *****.”

Daniel’s back stiffened, “I’m no *****.”

“Calm down there John Wayne, just ****in’ with ya.”

Daniel sipped his coffee, who the hell did this guy think he was anyway?

Daniel’s phone vibrated, Malcolm again. I am leaving now, you need to be here in the morning.

Daniel jumped up from the chair startling Bob, “What?”

“Malcolm’s headed down here now, I don’t want him to see me let’s go.”

“I ain’t worried about him, let’s finish our coffee.” Bob shook his head and took another sip.

The elevator bank was only twenty or so feet away and he was able to hear the ding announcing the cars arrival. With nowhere to go Daniel ran around the counter of the coffee shop and crouched down. Bob was laughing at him as he did. Malcolm came around the corner of the elevator bank and saw Bob who was still laughing. He walked over and stood on the other side of the half wall that enclosed the café area.

Bob simply sipped his coffee, never acknowledging the other man’s presence. After a minute or two Malcolm got irritated, “Why are you still here Bob, I though everyone was told to leave.”

“Actually the email said all nonessential personnel were sent home, I’m essential.” Bob replied with a smile.
The Following 119 Users Say Thank You to angeryamerican For This Useful Post:
10-22Plinker, 223shootersc, 2medicine woman, 375rum, AGFF, airdrop, avalanche5, Bagman1957, beenworking, bigbob25060, bigdady, BIGROCK, Biker, Bisquitlips, Blue line, Boomerj, brick1911, ConradCa, Craig, dan3, darth, Darthmuerte, dch, dhawk, divinginn, DocWal81, Doczee, dude, dunnellonwoman, faif2d, FalconsBravesHawks, Fastowl, felicia, flightorfight, FreshPotatoes, Furrbrain, Gipsy Smith, Gobigorange, golem3, Gramps96Kz, gthorne, gunnerpwd, hamrad, Harrytop, hawkbern, hutch18414, inMichigan, jag06, Jeff350, jkdetonator, JMGUIDE, JTGinnings, junkhound, kaijafon, Ken M, kevinlee, kmtngoat, kokosmom2, laurin, LDSDad, lerryx39, levik97, LibertyGuy, Lostdog2257, lunarkingdom, messiah, momwithaprep, MountainMan, MSTA57, mwatson, ncwebnut, Nift, Nomad1, nuflyr, old disturbed guy, ol_hoot, orcolaw, Pezz, PJskye, Post18guy, Pro-Pain, Reardon Steel, Replicant, RickVA, RJM, robertb, rover10, rubeixcube, RunAndGun, Rustynuts, sallylou, Saltydog73, scruffy, sierra skier, SLICK75, slightly disturbed, snakeriverjake, sniper9ez, snoblind, Srchdawg, Stay Ready, suburbprepper, Supermag, SurvivalExpert209, Survivor44, Susanna, t25, TDAWG, Temujin2112, Tiger05, toolman, topdoc, TRM, usmc0341, vbrescueman, Wikdcard344, Xythlord, yoopermac, younggun7
Old 03-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Bona Fide Meat Sack

Always nice to see a new chapter.

How you feelin' AA? Better, I hope.

Got lotsa new chapters to write!

Now git after it!

And thanks!
Old 03-12-2013, 12:31 AM
in the woods

Bob's cool, Daniel's nervous & Malcolm is a richard. Teague, being new in the story, makes me wanting to look forward to how they all tie in together!

Good job AA, thanks. Hope you're feeling better & getting over that s***.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:46 AM
When I Have Your Wounded

Good work.
Hope you are on the mend and stay that way.
Thanks
Old 03-13-2013, 04:46 PM
NRA Life Member since '74

Thanked 4,076 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude View Post
Great story AA!

Wish we, (everyone on the forum), could sit around a camp fire all night while you tell it. Start to finish.
Bob's too old to sit around a campfire. How about rockers and a pot belly stove?
Old 03-13-2013, 11:45 PM
in the woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob25060 View Post
Bob's too old to sit around a campfire. How about rockers and a pot belly stove?
AHahahahaa! Make it in the summer & bring a blow up lounge chair. I have a CO2 tank in my Jeep to inflate it.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:11 AM
Willing to Learn

Good Job AA. Thank you for the newest chapter.
Old 03-15-2013, 06:56 PM
Recent Blog:
Hiker

AA thanks for the story......
Old 03-16-2013, 02:24 PM
Prepared

AA you really know how to paint word pictures! Thanks
Old 03-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Do you smell that?

“You know you aren’t allowed to smoke in here.” Malcolm replied in an attempt to get the upper hand.

Bob’s response was to light another one up, he inhaled deeply while looking him in the eye then blew out three perfect rings into the air. When he finished he smiled at Malcolm, “So sue me.”

Malcolm walked off in a huff, Bib smiled at himself, it wasn’t every day you got to **** someone off so easy. Daniel waited behind the counter, not wanting to chance a look and get spotted by Malcolm. Bob left him there for a couple of minutes before he finally said, “Coast is clear.”

Daniel peered over the counter with one eye, looking the café over. The only person he saw was Bob, sipping on his coffee and smoking. Cautiously he stood up and walked around the counter, still looking for Malcolm. Finally making his wat back to the table he took a seat across from Bob.

“What’d he say?” Daniel asked.

“Who?”

Daniel lifted his hands off the table, “What’da you mean who?”

Bob laughed, “Don’t worry, he’s got no idea you’re here.”

Malcolm look down at the crowd below the bridge as he crossed, they looked ****ed. One guy, young black kid in a grey hoodie looked up, locking eyes with him. The kid was shouting something, no way he could hear it up here, Malcolm just stared back at him. His apparent indifference sent the kid into a rage, he tore the red bandanna from his face and began to scream, then in a final act of defiance he gave Malcolm the finger. Malcolm just shook his head and continued to the garage where he took the elevator up to the next level where he was parked.

He was digging around in his pocket for his keys when he stopped in his tracks. He stood there for a moment, certainly he wasn’t seeing what he thought he was seeing. But there sat Daniel’s Jeep in his usual spot.

“Son of a bitch.”

That little ****, sure he was good at his job but he was the biggest pain in the ass. The thought passed through his mind that if he wasn’t so damn good he could terminate him, but then he knew deep down that he couldn’t do half of the stuff that Daniel could, the kid really was good. Malcolm hit the button and the locks popped open and he was heading down to the exit.

When he got to the exit he was forced to stop, there was a big gate blocking the exit. One of the security officers approached the him on the driver’s side, he was surprised as he never saw the guy until he was almost at the window. Malcolm put the window down as the guy got there.

“Can I get out?” Malcolm asked.

“Hang on a sec” the security man keyed his radio, “got one ready to exit, is it clear?”

The radio crackled with a reply, “Uh, yeah, looks alright, there’s one guy out there but he looks ok.”
“Alright, open it up.”

The big steel gate rattled and groaned as it began to rise, Malcolm and the security officer watched, once it was high enough for the car to clear the security officer told him to go ahead. As Malcolm pulled out he looked to his right checking for cars, then his windshield exploded. Shocked is not the word for what he felt, suddenly someone was at the passenger door, trying to get in. Malcolm looked over and saw a young black guy in a grey hoodie with a red bandanna over his face, he was pounding on the glass and screaming. Malcolm was stunned he didn’t know what to do, shock prevented him from moving.

“Go go go!” The security officer was screaming, the kid at the window ignored him, or maybe he didn’t even notice the man.

Malcolm looked in the rearview mirror at the security officer who was frantically waving for him go, then he looked to his right and he gasped. A sea of people were pouring around the corner of the garage, it looked like those videos of the tsunami that stuck Indonesia but instead of water it was people. Looking to his left the kid was still there, he dropped a pack off his back and pulled a metal bar out of it. With the bar he took a batters stance at the window.

A series of pops went off in rapid succession and the kid fell to the floor of the garage, the security appeared at the window, “Dammit man, ****ing go!” he shouted while holding his pistol on the stricken man. Finally Malcolm floored the gas and took off. The security officer keyed his radio, calling for the gate to be closed immediately. The crowd on the street was still running towards the open gate. The gate began to lower and the security officer back peddled into the garage, weapon still drawn with an eye on the gate.

Bob looked at the message that was marked urgent, “Need you up here now. Andy.”

“Come on, let’s go back to my office.” Bob said as he stood up, dropping the butt of a cigarette into the empty cup.

“What’s up? Daniel asked.

“Don’t know, but I bet it ain’t good.”

Bob watched the video for the third time, he simply couldn’t believe what he was seeing. On the screen beside the one playing the recently recorded video was the live shot of the camera outside of the garage. The crowd out there was still growing, two cars parked on the other side of the street from the garage were already on fire. All manner of objects were being thrown at the building. Several people were using the post of a street sign to batter the gate.
The Following 109 Users Say Thank You to angeryamerican For This Useful Post:
223shootersc, 2medicine woman, 375rum, AGFF, airdrop, avalanche5, Bagman1957, beenworking, bigbob25060, bigdady, BIGROCK, Biker, Bisquitlips, Blue line, Boomerj, brick1911, ConradCa, Craig, dan3, DARlink, darth, Darthmuerte, dch, dhawk, divinginn, DocWal81, Doczee, dude, dunnellonwoman, faif2d, Fastowl, felicia, FreshPotatoes, Furrbrain, Gipsy Smith, Gobigorange, Gramps96Kz, gthorne, hamrad, Harrytop, hawkbern, hutch18414, inMichigan, jag06, Jeff350, jkdetonator, JMGUIDE, JTGinnings, junkhound, kaijafon, Ken M, kevinlee, kmtngoat, kokosmom2, laurin, LDSDad, lerryx39, levik97, LibertyGuy, Lostdog2257, lunarkingdom, MSTA57, mwatson, ncwebnut, Nift, Night Hawk, nuflyr, NVRSTUK, old disturbed guy, oldjackbob, ol_hoot, orcolaw, Pezz, Reardon Steel, RegularDude, RickVA, RightWingRand, RJM, robertb, rover10, rubeixcube, RunAndGun, Rustynuts, sallylou, Saltydog73, scruffy, sierra skier, SLICK75, slightly disturbed, sniper9ez, snoblind, Srchdawg, Stay Ready, Supermag, SurvivalExpert209, Survivor44, Susanna, t25, TDAWG, Temujin2112, Tiger05, topdoc, TRM, usmc0341, vbrescueman, Wikdcard344, Xythlord, yoopermac, younggun7
Old 03-17-2013, 11:19 PM
in the woods

Keep it coming AA, you give the story life, can't wait.