Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > 2012
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Notices

2012 Discussion on the 2012 predictions

Advertise Here

Old 03-07-2013, 08:16 AM
The end is,,,,,

Thanked 8,723 Times in 3,755 Posts

Advertise Here

Well, is this not what we are planning for? Fear not, prep on!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to cleatis For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 01:44 PM
Trapper

Like any other bubble an outside event usually breaks the balloon. Could be Iran, N. Korea, major fraud at a big bank (less likely cause that is an ongoing thing). I'd say watch the Iranian situation. A big spike in oil due could do it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to franklin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 06:54 PM
Prepared

Wait by definition a world wide economic collapse would be BIG vice small. OP....going out on a very small limb and surmise you are either drunk or stupid.
Old 03-07-2013, 07:13 PM
Prepared

So, are you placing bets on March or April? I have things to do in April. How about May?
The Following User Says Thank You to Brenda For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 07:15 PM
Always Loaded

Thanked 2,377 Times in 820 Posts

My assumption has always been, observe when people are predicting shtf, and plan for anytime but then. Nobody can have slightest clue as to when the sky will fall. Except perhaps the top 15 leaders of the country. Picking dates just makes you look stupid.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hanzy4200 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2013, 08:47 PM

Yawn.....another doomsday prediction, I wonder how this chicken little plans to line his own pocket from the effects of his prediction?
Old 03-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Survivor

Thanked 1,461 Times in 799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve28 View Post
Your shift key is broken.
My caps lock often gets pressed when I go for the a.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:48 PM
Hiker

I always listen to my gut. I read people and rely on discernment. I don't however listen much to my fear. Fear is at best an unreliable friend and at worst an paralyzing enemy.
The Following User Says Thank You to fidalgoman For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2013, 04:45 PM
Prepared

I've been feeling the dread quite often and frequent this year--more so then i can recall in past. It's not the typical dread of bills or anything trivial, but a physical feeling in some surging energy of negativity. Its been happening in bed just before the moment of relaxation and sleep, which is odd since i'm in a peaceful state and mind is cleared of thoughts and am just about to pass out. It's around this time when i get a surge of energy like i'm drowning and fighting to breath. i can feel my face turn flushed with that needle pricking sensation, and instantly i'm wide awake bewildered like i'm waking up from a nightmare. It's odd to me cause of the frequency. the first few times (beginning of this year), i brushed it off and went back into my pre-check steps to a restful night, but after a while, i began to take mental notes of the occurrence. It does not surprise me like it once did, but instead, i'm trying to recollect anything happening in the day that might trigger this reaction (on a personal level), and nothing raised flags.
I've not felt this weight since a few years back while lying in the ER after some guy mistook me for a tuna and tried to gut me with a fixed blade. 9 inch incision across abdomen with intestines hanging out (from what my friend said).
So yes, i believe my gut is literally telling me something bad is about to happen.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Non Sheeple

A feeling of despair and anger is building in folk round me and it's rubbing off on me.
Add to that more police cars from out of town are driving round (probably familiarizing themselves with the area) and my spidey sense is in overdrive.

In the UK the governments new attack on benefits and housing comes into force next month and with a large "migrant worker" population round me, it could get "interesting" fast.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Target Shooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMT5150 View Post
I've felt for a long time something was going to happen.

But maybe it already has.

Not a global disaster, but a change in society as we know it.

All you have to do is look at our top news stories at the random acts of violence to prove this point. The school shootings, mall shootings, theatre shootings, mothers killing their children. While we were looking for a major event, it snuck up on us slowly and silently. I would say it's the end of the world as we know it.
Yes sir my man , you have nailed it . A lot of talk around here about what is wrong with liberals - " they just don't seem to be able to get it " . I don't think many on this board get TEOTWAWKI . The water in the pot has been warming up for some time , just like the frogs many don't realize it .
The Following User Says Thank You to luckyfasteddie For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2013, 05:57 PM
Target Shooter

Default "Drone Bait '

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocletian View Post
Once again.., my "monthly" hello to you Alaska! Miss you since you left. My feelings are changing..., I was worried about our (world, country, etc.),., now I'm worrying about us! All of a sudden, I've noticed that a lot of people, (maybe gov. too) think we're a THREAT. They've always thought we were NUTS, but now we're starting to be labeled as dangerous. People who prep are selfish hoarders, armed to the teeth, and are only looking out for #1. Are WE the new enemy?

Can you say Drone Bait - no wait , Holder and Obama have just said the govt will not target Americans on American soil . Now about this bridge I have for sale. PS it has to be true ,Mccain and that other jerk have said we who don't believe them are silly fools . Rand Paul rules .
Old 03-09-2013, 09:51 PM

Maybe you just have gas......Doomsday is Monday......or wait.......it's April 23rd.....NO.....July 8th...um....wait........Here's the deal, prep for short term incidents like a major storm, power outages and such. Prepping for the end of civilization is a bunch of crap. You won't survive long and you wouldn't want to. Surviving for a few weeks or a few months is very doable and very realistic, other than that, it's all just fantasy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Retiredmajor For This Useful Post:
Old 03-10-2013, 12:38 AM

All of you are on this board, just like me, for the same reason. We know because God gave us the eyes to see. Once Obama(nation) became president, it didn't take but his first trip to realize that he is not one of us. It was in Turkey where he stated that the US is not a Christian nation....and would not say (and still won't) that Jesus is the Son of God. Then off to Saudi Arabia where he bent over and kissed the ring of some sheik and then snubbed Israel. He is a liar and a deciever, and we all know it. His mission is to make a America decrease and help the Muslim world, UN, and European Union increase. The quickest way to knock the US over is to bankrupt us and back every ungodly group in the country to morally decay us from the inside out. He's almost completed his task by not having a budget and pushing the supreme court to overturn the defense of marriage act. Look for his trip to Israel on March 21 and his plan to visit the dome on the rock, which is on the temple mount on Saturday the Sabath day in Israel during Passover, as a sign that the deal has been made with the devil. Our economy could collapse by the end of this month, because we have just approved another borrowing limit so as to avoid the March 27th deadline when government would run out of money...again. We borrow 40 cents of every dollar they are spending and Obama will make it so that every cut from the sequester yields the most amount of pain. If this happens, look for a loaf of bread to cost $100 because our money won't be worth squat.
Rand Paul and many others have been warning about this for years now, but no one will listen. Who will feel the pain, the government? NO, we will and that is why all of us have begun or have been prepping for quite a while now.
May God bless all of you and keep you in His peace to help as many others as you can.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:14 AM
newb

Thanked 2,564 Times in 836 Posts

My gut is telling me to go to my bathroom...
Old 03-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Seeing War

Location: Next to Petersburg Virginia, just south of Richmond

We've all heard the saying "the calm before the storm". Something's up, we all KNOW it, we just can't put our finger on exactly WHAT it is. N. Korea running interference for Iran to give them some extra time to get their nuke work complete. U.S. going bankrupt faster than you can count the numbers, Europe has been broke for a while, they just haven't accepted it yet, and China is posturing around southeastern asia. The U.S. government is arming itself to the teeth, bullets, rifles, armoured vehicles.., what's up? Who is the DHS planning on fighting with all of those "hollow points"? What's FEMA up to? Why are the super rich dumping their stocks? Oh, I really think World War Three is right around the corner. It won't be pretty, and all the prepping in the world can't save us but for so long. Everything, no matter how well you've prepared, will eventually not be enough. Sometimes it just gets frustrating, feeling like it all won't matter anyway after everyone presses the button!
The Following User Says Thank You to Diocletian For This Useful Post:
Old 03-11-2013, 03:24 PM
Trapper

There is a lot of anger and tension in the world.
SOme of us are united while others are not. If
a natural disaster doesn't kill us, we will end up
killing each other.
Gut feelings are really nothing more than feeling that
something could happen, not so much things that
will happen. For example, I could have a gut feeling
my house will burn down, but doesn't mean it will.
However if it doesn't, that doesn't mean my gut
feeling was right, just a coincidence.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:30 PM
Hunter

Talking

Quote:
We've all heard the saying "the calm before the storm". Something's up, we all KNOW it, we just can't put our finger on exactly WHAT it is. N. Korea running interference for Iran to give them some extra time to get their nuke work complete. U.S. going bankrupt faster than you can count the numbers, Europe has been broke for a while, they just haven't accepted it yet, and China is posturing around southeastern asia. The U.S. government is arming itself to the teeth, bullets, rifles, armoured vehicles.., what's up? Who is the DHS planning on fighting with all of those "hollow points"? What's FEMA up to? Why are the super rich dumping their stocks? Oh, I really think World War Three is right around the corner. It won't be pretty, and all the prepping in the world can't save us but for so long. Everything, no matter how well you've prepared, will eventually not be enough. Sometimes it just gets frustrating, feeling like it all won't matter anyway after everyone presses the button!
I think we are reasonably safe from the nuke war (because that would make us inedible ) but not safe from other troubles.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Hunter

Quote:
I think we are reasonably safe from the nuke war (because that would make us inedible ) but not safe from other troubles.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:52 PM

When I was a young girl of about 8 or 9 years old I started having horrible anxiety pain in my stomach daily. I lived with it like that for years and didn't realize it was not normal to have that emotional pain. I surmise it was because of a childhood that was not safe and secure and it left me afraid all of the time. Twenty plus years later when I married my husband, the pain went away because I felt safe for the first time in my life. My husband died about 10 years ago and lately I have been feeling that awful grinding fear again...probably for the last few years but really bad lately. When I get this way it makes it hard to think clearly because I feel like there are a ton of things in the back of my mind that need to be tended to or fixed or whatever. The feeling is quite unsettling.
The Following User Says Thank You to broostersmom For This Useful Post: