Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Firearms and Other Weapons Forum > Non-Lethal Weapons & Self Defense
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Advertise Here

Old 01-20-2009, 06:38 AM

Default Need for self defense

Advertise Here

Self defense is indeed a major area of concern today. I believe its never too late to familiarize yourself with the latest techniques and equipments. There are numerous resources out there I found defendingusa.com particularly useful.
Old 02-07-2009, 11:38 PM
smilin or showin my teeth

self defence.... hit em hard and make sure you are the one that throws the last blow.

avoiding confrontation.... something that is maybe not natural to most of us..... and another unnatural thing that can work (sometimes) is to camp it up and flirt with your potential attacker, no direct statements, just flirt, AND SMILE, it scares the hell out of most people to think they are going to get flogged by a mean gay guy down a back alley, raises the stakes a little for them u might say...
Old 02-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Target Shooter

A cane makes an excellent self defense weapon (Its one of the weapons I had to use to get my 1st Dan). The techniques are those of someone who would have to use it. I ALWAYS carry a cane when I fly (as well as a minimag flashlight, but more on that in a bit)You might check with a local HapKiDo instructor for instruction.
A minimag light works similar to a kubiton, it can be used for pressure point, joint manipulation, and ballistic defense.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:38 AM
Target Shooter

A cane makes an excellent self defense weapon (Its one of the weapons I had to use to get my 1st Dan). The techniques are those of someone who would have to use it. I ALWAYS carry a cane when I fly (as well as a minimag flashlight, but more on that in a bit)You might check with a local HapKiDo instructor for instruction.
A minimag light works similar to a kubiton, it can be used for pressure point, joint manipulation, and ballistic defense. I recommended our armed forces police in Europe use them when they lost the right to carry batons. It is a handy item at night or in any dark place, it is easy to carry, reasonably priced, and best of all, completely legal.
Old 03-07-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Knight View Post
I know from your other posts Straight Razor that you are a pretty smart guy, but your last statement about using lethal force every time you apply self defense doesn't seem realistic. If starting tomorrow, every time somebody had to defend themselves, they used lethal force, the murder rate would go up about 99% overnight. In fact, for that matter you might as well pack a pistol in little Johny's lunch box and tell him that the next time the bully picks on him, pull the gun out and shoot.

I'm not trying to start an argument, I just think that lethal force is rarely justified, and you really need to be able to defend yourself using lower levels of force. When lethal force is justified then I agree, use it.
I think that you are both correct. I myself believe I would never want to take a life unless it is the only way. You don't want to mess with my family. But there are less lethal ways to protect yourself and family. One way is with a gun. To become comfortable having one is to practice with it. If you use wax bullets to practice in your home with them, it will give you more confidence. If you like this then visit www.easyloaderpress.com and get more info. You can also see it on PoliceOne under products under less lethal. I hope you never fine yourself in that position, but if you do then by practicing you will be safer.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:26 PM
Adventurer

Thanked 9,967 Times in 1,572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewolf View Post
self defence.... hit em hard and make sure you are the one that throws the last blow.

avoiding confrontation.... something that is maybe not natural to most of us..... and another unnatural thing that can work (sometimes) is to camp it up and flirt with your potential attacker, no direct statements, just flirt, AND SMILE, it scares the hell out of most people to think they are going to get flogged by a mean gay guy down a back alley, raises the stakes a little for them u might say...
Stay out of back alleys is my advice.