Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > Survival & Preparedness Forum > Manmade and Natural Disasters
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Manmade and Natural Disasters Drought, Diseases, Earthquakes, Riots, Wars

Advertise Here

Old 01-13-2013, 02:08 PM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,327 Times in 1,921 Posts

Advertise Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise Owl View Post
No, I reported that, contrary to the opinions of "man-made" global warming sheep, the UN stated that the farts produced by cattle has more of an impact than all forms of modern transportation combined.
cow farts ARE a man made source of global warming, because WE raise the cattle that produce the methane you bloody idiot.
I mentioned this because, if you listen to the sheep, we can alter a naturally occuring cycle by driving electric/hybrid cars. Using solar and wind power instead of coal. And all the other hair-brained schemes people like Al Gore have invested in so heavily. People who have a financial motive for pushing their moronic schemes.
we CAN alter the earth's natural systems. consider over fishing and the ozone hole. both stable systems till modern man came along.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:54 PM
Receding from reality.

Thanked 3,491 Times in 1,243 Posts
Default Report says warming is changing US daily life

Just another 240 whack job left wing scientists. 2012 report.

Federal Advisory Committee Draft Climate Assessment Report Released for Public Review

http://ncadac.globalchange.gov/

The short Yahoo version here:

http://news.yahoo.com/report-says-wa...232742530.html

But again. It's science. And gov't funded so it mus be a lie.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robert_W For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 08:34 AM
lion tamer

Thanked 3,168 Times in 1,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsmith View Post
we CAN alter the earth's natural systems. consider over fishing and the ozone hole. both stable systems till modern man came along.
how do you know that ozone was stable before modern man? what instruments were we using to measure the ozone levels during the middle ages and the little ice age?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to whiskyrebellion For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 08:59 AM
Survivor

Thanked 1,857 Times in 1,005 Posts

As I posted previously, if Obama can make the oceans recede, certainly he can also control the Sun's output. The question is, how much "change" is it gonna cost you?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TANSTAF1 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 10:54 AM
Death's Collection Agent

Thanked 4,443 Times in 1,751 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralfy View Post
The only "sheep" involved in this issue are those who promote the GovCo line, which is "business as usual." That's why the same science groups have been watering down the possible effects of this issue:

"Climate Risks Have Been Underestimated for the Last 20 Years"

http://www.alternet.org/environment/...-last-20-years

Remember, a sheep WILL brush off this problem like many others because it will go against his pollyanna views of the future. Survivalists will consider OTHERWISE. For example, don't want to use solar and wind power because it cramps your style? Then you better be in denial of peak oil, too.
Im not saying the planet is not getting warmer, Im saying that man has very little impact. You can ban all fossil fuel usage and it still will not stop the warming trend. I suggest you do a little reseach on "Climategate" where it was proven that the "climatologists" have been fudging the numbers. If you think stopping someone from driving a gas/diesel power vehicle will stop the warming trend, then you, and anyone else who believes that, are fools.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Owl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Receding from reality.

Default That darn Obama....

He and his cronies are at it again. Causing all of this ....damn he's powerful.

Air pollution in Beijing goes off the index 1/12/13

Air pollution is a major problem in China due to the country's rapid pace of industrialization, reliance on coal power, explosive growth in vehicle ownership and disregard for environmental laws

From Space:

Severe Beijing smog prompts openness from government

http://news.yahoo.com/air-pollution-...053809937.html

Smog levels break record in Beijing

http://news.yahoo.com/video/smog-lev...084129737.html

More than 1,000 New Coal Plants Planned Worldwide

What a F'ING GREAT IDEA!

http://www.climatecentral.org/news/m...orldwide-15279

More coal trains! Rip it up here. Sell it off to them. Trash it all for quick profit!

But hell...it must be CLEAN coal right?

Rising coal exports have Montana rail communities braced for worst

http://wwwp.dailyclimate.org/tdc-new...trains-montana

http://www.coaltrainfacts.org/key-facts

Boy...I sure am glad that this is all one big left wing conspiracy and hoax
and that none of it is really happening.

I'll bet the average person living in China right now is REAL glad that they don't have anything remotely like the EPA too.

Cause we ALL know that Big Business and Corporations left alone is best. They NEVER trash the environment for a quick buck.

How is it that we as a species don't have the power our capability to change our climate? How is it that we're going to continue down this path without serious ramifications for the world?

How any one can honestly look at the world around them and still have doubts...disbelief or cling to the conspiracy theory BS and right wing dogma is beyond rational comprehension.

Last edited by Robert_W; 01-14-2013 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: One more pic
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Robert_W For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 11:33 AM
The End is Near

Thanked 1,213 Times in 474 Posts

I'll believe in man-made global warming just as soon as the government stops pimping it while trying to make money with it at the same time...
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pthor For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 12:42 PM
Death's Collection Agent

Quote:
energy from the sun's thermonuclear reactions does not go back into creating more fusions. it goes to resisting gravitational collapse. gravity provides the energy needed for fusion.
The lack of intelligence here is astonishing. Fusion is a chain reaction, that means once started, it is self-perpetuating until it runs out of "fuel".

Gravity is one of the weakest forces in the universe. Most of the energy released inside the sun is in the form of heat and light, but most of the heat remains inside the sun. It is this heat that drives the fusion reaction. You need heat and mass to start any nuclear reaction. Why do you think scientists have been hunting for decades for a way to create COLD fusion?
The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Owl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 12:59 PM
Death's Collection Agent

@Robert W. Glad to see you have finally accomplished your slogan "Receding from reality". Youre going to compare China to the US? Hows the weather in your world? China is about 3.6 million square miles. The United States is about 3.5 square miles. China also has more than 3 times the population of the US, most of whom have been forced into industrial cities, by the leftist govt.

Your little picture show only proved that China is a crap nation. The pollutants released by US industy is far less now than it was in 1970, even though we have a much higher population.
Old 01-14-2013, 01:02 PM
Death's Collection Agent

People keep talking about global warming and rising oceans. People, the oceans were much much higher in the past, and life continued. Leftists want to control a naturally occuring event. Right wingers, such as myself, say adapt or die...which is 'mother nature's" way.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wise Owl For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 02:16 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskyrebellion View Post
how do you know that ozone was stable before modern man? what instruments were we using to measure the ozone levels during the middle ages and the little ice age?
it doesnt matter if it was or not. we know that certain chemcials destroy it. and we know that banning those chemcials has stopped the expansion of the hole and now it's slowly repairing its self.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:18 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
Im not saying the planet is not getting warmer, Im saying that man has very little impact. You can ban all fossil fuel usage and it still will not stop the warming trend. I suggest you do a little reseach on "Climategate" where it was proven that the "climatologists" have been fudging the numbers. If you think stopping someone from driving a gas/diesel power vehicle will stop the warming trend, then you, and anyone else who believes that, are fools.
of course it wouldnt. we would need to not only stop pollution, but fix the pollution already in the system.
Old 01-14-2013, 02:21 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
The lack of intelligence here is astonishing. Fusion is a chain reaction, that means once started, it is self-perpetuating until it runs out of "fuel".

Gravity is one of the weakest forces in the universe. Most of the energy released inside the sun is in the form of heat and light, but most of the heat remains inside the sun. It is this heat that drives the fusion reaction. You need heat and mass to start any nuclear reaction. Why do you think scientists have been hunting for decades for a way to create COLD fusion?
how oh how do you think the heat that started the first fusion reactions in the new born sun got there?

from GRAVITY you bloody idiot!

the sun wasnt born hot. the gas that makes up the sun got hot via a specific mechanism. that mechanism was gravity induced compression.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:42 PM
Receding from reality.

Quote:
@Robert W. Glad to see you have finally accomplished your slogan "Receding from reality". Youre going to compare China to the US? Hows the weather in your world? China is about 3.6 million square miles. The United States is about 3.5 square miles. China also has more than 3 times the population of the US, most of whom have been forced into industrial cities, by the leftist govt.

Your little picture show only proved that China is a crap nation. The pollutants released by US industry is far less now than it was in 1970, even though we have a much higher population.
Ah...so predictable...and yet SO original in thought process.

If you'd bothered to read any of this thread you'd see that the same whimsical euphemism towards me has already been repeated. Ad nauseum. Try some original thought process for a change.

And I truly am sorry that your comprehension level doesn't allow you to understand that what 1.3 billion people do ...doesn't stay confined to their country! Or that there was a lot more in that post than just about China. Didn't you see the pretty pictures of the US too? Or was it cause they were in map form. Maybe you didn't recognize the shape of the US. Did you attend public school? I know our schools are failing horribly. Probably Obama's fault too. (But I bet the average Chinese student gets it.)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Robert_W For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 03:43 PM
Receding from reality.

Quote:
...from GRAVITY you bloody idiot!....
Don't know why...but I just love this.

So true so true. Welcome to the beating of the head on a brick wall club Bob.
The Following User Says Thank You to Robert_W For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 07:07 PM
lion tamer

Quote:
it doesnt matter if it was or not. we know that certain chemcials destroy it. and we know that banning those chemcials has stopped the expansion of the hole and now it's slowly repairing its self.
i suggest that you look that up. there are new holes in the ozone. the number 1 driver of cfc's to the stratosphere is...... persistent cold weather. that is why it was normally only observed in the antarctic but has recently been observed over russia with them having record cold temps. this is my problem with the whole debate though. people take one sliver of truth "certain chemicals do destroy ozone" and then make a bunch of untested, unobserved proclamations that are just theory. there is enough cfc's in the air that they will not be out of the atmosphere for likely another 50 years (they rise really slowly) so any repair to the ozone can not be attributed to cutting cfc's.
The Following User Says Thank You to whiskyrebellion For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2013, 07:50 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
i suggest that you look that up. there are new holes in the ozone. the number 1 driver of cfc's to the stratosphere is...... persistent cold weather. that is why it was normally only observed in the antarctic but has recently been observed over russia with them having record cold temps. this is my problem with the whole debate though. people take one sliver of truth "certain chemicals do destroy ozone" and then make a bunch of untested, unobserved proclamations that are just theory. there is enough cfc's in the air that they will not be out of the atmosphere for likely another 50 years (they rise really slowly) so any repair to the ozone can not be attributed to cutting cfc's.
CFCs arent the only ozone eating gasses. some of the others ahve been in decline for a while - AFIK it has only been last year that we ahve seen reduction in the hole size.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:31 AM
Hunter

Quote:
The issue isn't that "man has very little impact" but that CO2 increase leads to positive feedback which amplifies the problem. And the point about not stopping the trend was already established by some of the same science organizations that are now being criticized, i.e., even with zero emissions, the levels are already too high and that positive feedback has already taken place such that the 1 C increase will persist for decades.

Climategate has been debunked by various organizations, i.e., based on a few messages out of thousands that were taken out of context.

The "climatologists" that you are referring to involve scientists hired by Big Oil and featured in the "denial machine" documentary. Not surprisingly, they worked for Big Tobacco prior to that. Guess what kind of number-fudging was involved in that?

The logic behind this is very simple: Big Business controls the global economy, and it needs increased production and consumption of goods to keep much of its wealth, which consists of money, afloat. With that, any problem that concerns survivalists is a "hoax," and that includes global warming. How else can sheep be encouraged to borrow and spend happily?
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ralfy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-15-2013, 07:08 AM
lion tamer

Quote:
CFCs arent the only ozone eating gasses. some of the others ahve been in decline for a while - AFIK it has only been last year that we ahve seen reduction in the hole size.

so why do we have new holes in the ozone over the last 10 years?
Old 01-15-2013, 04:12 PM
I love this forum

Quote:
so why do we have new holes in the ozone over the last 10 years?
for the exact same reason that you said - because there is still crap in the system. the point is however that the damage to the system is slowing and we are just now starting to see it getting better. it is, as you said, not something that will happen overnight.