Survivalist Forum

Advertise Here

Go Back   Survivalist Forum > General Discussion Section > Controversial News and Alternative Politics
Articles Chat Room Classifieds Donations Gallery Groups Links Store Survival Files

Controversial News and Alternative Politics The conspiracy theory section

Advertise Here

Old 01-11-2013, 04:53 PM
Survivor

Thanked 13,853 Times in 4,879 Posts
Default Hot Breakfast for welfare rat brats, but none for soldiers in combat zones???

Advertise Here

We're paying for the breakfasts TWICE a school day for those on EBT/SNAP as they are supposed to get it at home, and they get another free one at school because their parents are such dirtbags no one can count on them being fed (It's good that the kids of welfare rats get fed in school, because their parents do shifty, selfish things with EBT/SNAP rather than feed their kids so school meals might be the only ones they get, and kids gotta eat)...but now soldiers in Afghanistan don't get hot breakfasts??? To 'reduce our footprint'???

http://www.snopes.com/politics/military/breakfast.asp

Based on schedules, some guys only get one hot meal a day...anyone who has worked a shift knows that...this is wrong.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Prepping For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Hiker

ya got to add the fertilizer to your future voters
Old 01-11-2013, 07:46 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,292 Times in 909 Posts

So from the article you cited, this is temporary, and only at select bases...

"It is true that "hot chow" breakfasts have been replaced with MREs at some U.S. bases in Afghanistan because those areas are preparing for a transition to local control."

As for the 'footprint' rage, I think you can breath again. I'm really sure that in the context of the article which you cite, the term 'footprint' relates to the number of military personnel and equipment at a base, and not some mean green agenda to make our heroes suffer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SunwolfNC For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Blue in a Red state

Thanked 19,508 Times in 6,861 Posts

Didn't this subject die in the darkside??
Old 01-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Hunter

Thanked 1,424 Times in 567 Posts

We should all be glad that Obama is winding down the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. Afghanistan has been the "graveyard of empires" since Alexander the Great's time. The Taliban have gone from being able to bring down the Twin Towers to a poorly armed regional militia is a part of the world full of tinpot militias. Fine, mission accomplished, now leave. W kept trying to "win" in Afghanistan and Iraq while at the same time trying to win the hearts and minds of the same people we were bombing the snot out of. It was a fool's errand. People in that part of the world only have loyalty to their clan leaders, and MAYBE a militia commander. Period. America was just another in a long line of outsiders. Obama grew up around Muslims, he knows how they think, and he knew that we'd never "win" their allegiance. Score one for Obama, as much as I hate the guy.
The Following User Says Thank You to Angry Cow For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,652 Times in 1,116 Posts

Each kid on welfare should be able to bring a sack lunch to school and have breakfast at home. If they don't schools should report it to the Child Protective Service and the State should reduce their food stamps till they learn to use them to feed their kids. I hate to sound callous but this crap has got to stop.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to bunny For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2013, 08:51 PM
Fuzzy slippers rock.

Thanked 29,990 Times in 13,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny View Post
Each kid on welfare should be able to bring a sack lunch to school and have breakfast at home. If they don't schools should report it to the Child Protective Service and the State should reduce their food stamps till they learn to use them to feed their kids. I hate to sound callous but this crap has got to stop.
Awesome post. And very true.
The Following User Says Thank You to PrincessKraken For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunny View Post
You got it! Fed the kid then go after the parents for not doing their job.

I'd like to know where that food money for the kids is going if it's not going to their food.
The Following User Says Thank You to Prepping For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2013, 11:07 PM
Survivor

Thanked 7,274 Times in 1,633 Posts

Every community should have a location where those who are too poor to feed themselves can come for bags of rice, beans, and other staples.

Eliminate food stamps, EBT, etc...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Medieval Man For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2013, 11:20 PM
Fuzzy slippers rock.

Thanked 29,990 Times in 13,204 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepping View Post
You got it! Fed the kid then go after the parents for not doing their job.

I'd like to know where that food money for the kids is going if it's not going to their food.
I knew plenty of kids who would come into school, eat breakfast. They also ate breakfast at home.

Depending on the age, kids are sometimes always hungry, without being little lardasses.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:28 PM
This is a great survival forum

Thanked 3,962 Times in 1,811 Posts

My son-in-law just returned from deployment. He has expressed no such complaint.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:25 AM
Survivor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmettoTree View Post
My son-in-law just returned from deployment. He has expressed no such complaint.
That's good...also dang amazing that he was at every firebase and post in Afghanistan everyday until he left and knows what they were serving and shared that with you so you can deny it's happening.

Fascinating!
Old 01-12-2013, 12:31 AM
Blue in a Red state

Thanked 19,508 Times in 6,861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prepping View Post
That's good...also dang amazing that he was at every firebase and post in Afghanistan everyday until he left and knows what they were serving and shared that with you so you can deny it's happening.

Fascinating!
Hey - Maybe you two ran into each other there...
The Following User Says Thank You to Jojo For This Useful Post:
Old 01-12-2013, 12:43 AM
I love this forum

Thanked 3,327 Times in 1,921 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angry Cow View Post
The Taliban have gone from being able to bring down the Twin Towers to a poorly armed regional militia is a part of the world full of tinpot militias.
mohammed omar told bin laden NOT to attack the us.
get it right.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:15 AM
American fearmaker

Thanked 19,786 Times in 6,738 Posts

Based on schedules, some guys only get one hot meal a day...anyone who has worked a shift knows that...this is wrong.

Hots meals are nice and they are, to a soldier or marine, often a luxury item. Soldiers and marines are not there to always eat a hot meal. There are times when any kind of meal by a hungry rifle toter is appreciated because he or she has been without any food for a long time. Most soldiers and marines consider it an honor to serve their nation in times of stress or peril. Their first consideration is, and always will be, their nation and the people that they represent, not their bellies. It would be nice to have a hot meal or three every day but soldiers and marines understand that it may not always be an option. In some cases, people trying to deliver a hot meal could be risking their lives to bring it to some outlying perimeter. In cases like that, most soldiers and marines would rather eat a cold meal than see a fellow serviceman needlessly die because of some military rule or regulation saying that everybody HAD to be served a hot meal every day. We might waste bullets but we sure don't need to waste lives.

When I was growing up, I knew some of those kids who had to live off of government sponsored meals. Many of those kids had no option about eating those meals because that was all they would get to eat those days. They often hated having to depend on those government meals but they had no other options. Over the holidays and weekends, those kids often had to scrounge their meals to fill their bellies. These kids were often embarrassed by other kids for taking those meals and so on. One kid I knew grew up, joined the Army, saved up his money and eventually became an attorney. Now he lives a decent life but his incentive for becoming useful to himself was getting a good education, saving money and becoming an attorney were all those government meals he choked down in order to live. He still hates that time of his life because he was denied so much because of his poverty. But the thing was that he learned from his poverty and moved on.

Think over all those normal things that poor kids don't have or get. Poor kids don't get to go to proms because they can't afford tuxes or gowns. They don't get much but the basic government issued books for school use. That means that they are limited to what is presented to them as far as topics go unless they risk going to libraries. Poor kids often can't date because they don't have cars, can't afford gasoline or insurance. They are always scrounging for everything. Sometimes they scrounge for soap, use salt to brush their teeth with because real toothpaste costs too much money and so on. If you get the chance, check out the pencil bag of a kid you suspect is poor. More than likely he won't have whole pencils in the bag. Instead of pencils he will have stubs of pencils in the bag, if he even has a bag. Look over his ball point pens in his possession. Most of their pens will have been "lifted from the drive-up lanes of a local bank or credit union." That's because those kids can't afford to buy new pens at all so they borrow or take pens from where they can get them.

Often the parents of these poor kids are single parent people. Their spouses have died on them, they were abandoned by the other spouse or maybe the other spouse ended up in prison or a mental health facility. I knew a girl that I grew to love when I was a grade school kid. Yeah, puppy love is a pain in the rear. Her mother died and the girl was left with her father. As much as her father loved her, and as much as I wanted to have a loving and warm relationship with her, she ended up going to live with an aunt many miles away from us. The father had no option. He often would visit her but he was limited as to his ability to support her or help her. Circumstances dictated to him were not the ones that he wanted for him, his wife or his daughter. He ended up in a situation that he did not like but could not do much about them.

So, when I think of the poor kids I grew up around over the years, I don't blame them or their parents for getting government food. Nor did I, as a soldier in combat, ever feel strongly about always having or getting a hot meal. I was lucky on some days to get anything at all to eat and I knew it because I wasn't there to dine in luxury. I was there to do a mission for my country. It was my honor to serve my nation with some of the bravest people I have ever known, with or without a full belly of hot food.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Herd Sniper For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2013, 04:38 AM
Survivor

Thanked 4,235 Times in 1,961 Posts

MREs have heaters.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to paramilusmc For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2013, 12:30 PM
Survivor

Let's take a gander at this...

When I was growing up, I knew some of those kids who had to live off of government sponsored meals. Many of those kids had no option about eating those meals because that was all they would get to eat those days.

That right there is the problem. Why are school meals all they get? There isn't a reduction in SNAP/EBT during the school year. It's because the parents are using the benefits for something else. I've wondered about this because in my state the benefits are astonishing. There's no reason there should be any child needing the free meals. The reality is in every case I checked out, the parents spent the then food stamps on other things to trade or sold them for pennies on the dollar, and the other reason was mothers who didn't work, couldn't find the time to make lunches for the kids! This needs to be fixed.

They often hated having to depend on those government meals but they had no other options. Over the holidays and weekends, those kids often had to scrounge their meals to fill their bellies. These kids were often embarrassed by other kids for taking those meals and so on. One kid I knew grew up, joined the Army, saved up his money and eventually became an attorney. Now he lives a decent life but his incentive for becoming useful to himself was getting a good education, saving money and becoming an attorney were all those government meals he choked down in order to live. He still hates that time of his life because he was denied so much because of his poverty. But the thing was that he learned from his poverty and moved on.

All this is very true. We need to go after the parents who are doing such a pathetically bad job, and who are making such bad life choices that causes these effects.

Think over all those normal things that poor kids don't have or get. Poor kids don't get to go to proms because they can't afford tuxes or gowns. They don't get much but the basic government issued books for school use. That means that they are limited to what is presented to them as far as topics go unless they risk going to libraries. Poor kids often can't date because they don't have cars, can't afford gasoline or insurance. They are always scrounging for everything. Sometimes they scrounge for soap, use salt to brush their teeth with because real toothpaste costs too much money and so on. If you get the chance, check out the pencil bag of a kid you suspect is poor. More than likely he won't have whole pencils in the bag. Instead of pencils he will have stubs of pencils in the bag, if he even has a bag. Look over his ball point pens in his possession. Most of their pens will have been "lifted from the drive-up lanes of a local bank or credit union." That's because those kids can't afford to buy new pens at all so they borrow or take pens from where they can get them.

The latter part isn't true in my area. The teachers LIE. They tell the children's parents to buy items for a list. Then the kids go to school and the teacher takes everything and locks it in a closet and doles them out. I asked why my children, for whom I bought expensive school supplies were using junky stuff, the teacher said she handed their items out 'shared' them with children who didn't have anything and she felt the nice items I picked up for my children would really be appreciated by some of the other children whose parents didn't provide. Well, I didn't have a lot of money myself and we'd sacrificed to provide for our children...and I find that my children weren't benefitting from that sacrifice. That's years ago, and it's still occurring.

Often the parents of these poor kids are single parent people. Their spouses have died on them, they were abandoned by the other spouse or maybe the other spouse ended up in prison or a mental health facility.

Yeah, we're paying the bills for the poor life choices of others. Funny thing. At one stage I knew several single mothers. Interestingly, none of them stayed single for long because they were quality women who guys wished to marry. Long-term single mothers are single for a reason, likely the same reason most of them were never married, yet they keep pumping out kids they can't provide for, and hooking up with guys who aren't providers. Yet we all pay for this... that needs to be fixed. Aside from the baby fathers who died in the streets as criminals, not a lot of widows of hard working men in this group.

I knew a girl that I grew to love when I was a grade school kid. Yeah, puppy love is a pain in the rear. Her mother died and the girl was left with her father. As much as her father loved her, and as much as I wanted to have a loving and warm relationship with her, she ended up going to live with an aunt many miles away from us. The father had no option. He often would visit her but he was limited as to his ability to support her or help her. Circumstances dictated to him were not the ones that he wanted for him, his wife or his daughter. He ended up in a situation that he did not like but could not do much about them.

No slam on the girl, but any man who can't support his child, especially one child isn't much of a man to begin with. Again, others pay for his choices and inabilities.

So, when I think of the poor kids I grew up around over the years, I don't blame them or their parents for getting government food.

I blame the parents. We'd a lot of love in our family and room for more children, but we were RESPONSIBLE and knew that we could only afford to take care of so many children and stopped. I didn't have children out of wedlock. I didn't pick a wife who'd be a bad person or an irresponsible one. My wife picked someone who'd provide for her children. That's not much to ask for and that should be the standard. Even if I'd died, we sacrificed and had INSURANCE so there's no excuse.

Nor did I, as a soldier in combat, ever feel strongly about always having or getting a hot meal. I was lucky on some days to get anything at all to eat and I knew it because I wasn't there to dine in luxury. I was there to do a mission for my country. It was my honor to serve my nation with some of the bravest people I have ever known, with or without a full belly of hot food.

I was a soldier and more importantly, I was a green tabber, a leader in combat arms and some of my soldiers appreciated a good, hot meal so I did my best to make sure of them...funny, either you never achieved rank or you didn't think of your men first.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Prepping For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2013, 01:19 PM
I help enlighten folks

Thanked 5,277 Times in 3,231 Posts
Awards Showcase
Top Poster 
Total Awards: 1

I say feed kids at school and don't give the parents a dime.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to FXjohn For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2013, 05:27 PM
Hunter

Thanked 2,652 Times in 1,116 Posts

My son a single parent raised his only child a daughter. From the time she was 3 and all through school. She is now in her 2nd year of college. She was his mail focus. He turned down a good job because he would have to work afternoons and not be there for her. He went to every parent teacher meeting, attended every game and competition when she was a cheer leader and even helped out at thier sports annual BBQ. He made sure she looked beautiful for every dance and prom. He never let her on a date without meeting the boy and when they took a look at him they knew they better act like a gentleman. He was a strict parent but had a great way of communcating with her about why he made the decisions he did. She wrote him a beautiful letter this year from colege stating that she was grateful for him as he always stood by her without question. It takes a lot of sacrifice to raise a child as a single parent and he did it without any reservations. I am truly proud and grateful for him. So you single parents out there hang in there and you will reap your rewards.
The Following User Says Thank You to bunny For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2013, 06:44 PM
This is a great survival forum

Lets see the grave shift guys come back in after a late patrol that responded to calls. Hmmm, guys ya missed your hot meal. Here's an MRE. Go get cleaned up and be back for de brief in 45 minutes. Ok men we got what we need I know ya work the night shift sorry made ya miss lunch, ya all go sack out we meet up at the chow hall for dinner.

Been there heard it. Of course the Politicians dont miss a meal. Obamanation spent millions just taking his Christmas vacation that I didnt know that Muslims celebrated. That money could have kept a lot of Troops eating hot meals. Bet Obamanation has real good food on AF 1.

Now about the part of the food for kids called breakfast. Ive seen parents telling the kids at the bus stop to just get a hot meal cause mommy just didnt have time o make it or because her boyfriend wanted chips and dips while watching the basketball or football games. Of course mommy is able to buy a pack of smokes and slam down that Mt Dew. Then again some people were at the buss stop that I could not understand what they were saying. But i was told those children also eat school breakfasts every morning even though both of the kids parents work. Guess its one of those rights ya get when ya sneak into a country Illegally. just my .02